New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro/ Pro+ ----03/07/2017
24669 140 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthnson
New

India

Wow! It's Amazing; I hope they work because most of the drone contain software issue problem. I have also read the same thing on this site http://bestdroneforthejob.com/
2017-3-23
Use props
Topcats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751 ft
United Kingdom

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-3-22 04:52
You made the correct choice. The "older" version of firmware is provided to give you the option of downgrading to previous firmware version if you suspect there is problem/bug with the current (newest) firmware.
Some (not all) firmware upgrades include battery firmware upgrades. So, be sure to turn off your P4 Pro after upgrading firmware, place your second/third/etc. spare battery in the P4 Pro and turn the power back on. If the battery firmware requires updating you will get a notice about "inconsistent firmware" and a request to update. Go ahead and start the upgrade process from the DJI GO 4 screen and the battery firmware will be updated in less than 30 seconds typically. You can tell the battery firmware is being updated because the battery LED lights will change to a non-normal display with multiple LEDs on and others blinking.

Thank you very much for the advice
2017-3-23
Use props
fansf4e53ae2
lvl.1
United States

fansf4e53ae2 Posted at 2017-3-19 05:24
Yep, I'm having problems after upgrading. My controller locked up twice while in flight!

I've had three lock ups since upgrading as well.  While I can't remember exactly the sequence of actions to cause this, I sort of remember using Tap Fly going backwards and/or POI features, and then it became unstable.  
2017-3-24
Use props
HEMILDON
New
New Zealand

Awesome thanks!!
2017-3-24
Use props
HOWICK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8812 ft
Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-17 14:35
I still want to know if anyone has tried out the top speed of their Phantoms after the update. Is it just me or did they really limit the speed to 45mph even with a tailwind?

I had no problems the other day. 102Km/h 67.1Mph

P4 Pro SN 07JDDC700102BV FW V01.03.0418
Litchi 3.10.6
2017-3-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

HOWICK Posted at 2017-3-26 02:21
I had no problems the other day. 102Km/h 67.1Mph
[view_image]

I wonder if it's the go app limiting speed then. Hmmm. I'm too scared to fly with litchi until DJI fixes the firmware bug.
2017-3-26
Use props
HOWICK
lvl.1
Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-26 07:46
I wonder if it's the go app limiting speed then. Hmmm. I'm too scared to fly with litchi until DJI fixes the firmware bug.

It's only affecting the specified modes.
2017-3-27
Use props
HOWICK
lvl.1
Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-26 07:46

From Litchi:
"The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected."
2017-3-27
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

HOWICK Posted at 2017-3-27 03:30
From Litchi:
"The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected."

Well, I tried pano mode and while it worked (I only use pano and waypoint flights) - it made a stuttering noise while it yawed to the left or right... I never noticed that behavior before and you could definitely hear the motors "stutter - or shudder?". I let it go for a few more pictures but my nerves got the best of me and I stopped it. I thought there was something wrong with my P4P at first, but manual control was just fine.  I never got the e-mail from Litchi that some others had gotten and only found out later that day through the forums here   After that happened I decided that I am leaving it to my P4 until the firmware update comes for the P4P.  While being controlled manually, it pans very smoothly..
2017-3-27
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

DJI, thanks for the recent firmware and app updates....  But the GO app is crashing multiple times per flight now.  What's going on??  The P4P+ seems to have been released too soon, and has many issues within.  Is DJI prepared to offer P4P+ owners a standard controller (without screen) and refund us $300?
2017-3-27
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-3-20 11:03
I think that currently your only chance (at a cost...) is to buy a  GL300F controller (without the  android tablet) and use it with a suitable iPad.

I think the better option is to have DJI refund the $300 difference and send us a GL300F at no cost to us.  They know they've messed up!  I'm offended that they are still trying to use us as beta testers to get to the problem, and not offering us some concessions by now.
2017-3-27
Use props
Mandrake981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2563599 ft
United States

JayOne Posted at 2017-3-7 20:29
just wondering what do they mean update no fly zone management??

What they mean by this is that the remote literally makes it just about impossible to fly in an "enhanced warning zone". I upgraded my firmware about a week ago, and today we went down to a park on the coastline to fly. It's about a mile from an old airport (this was our airport before they moved about 10 miles further inland, and this airport has been transformed into a housing subdivision with some businesses interspersed). Right after taking off today, I started getting this popup:

Check both check boxes, click "Confirm", and it goes away - for about half a second. As soon as you've moved a foot or two, it goes off again. I literally had to check the checkboxes and click "Confirm" todat about 90 times. I finally just gave up and hit "Home" and let it land. They've obviously been careful to turn this thing into incessant pain. What was the design rules for that? "Let's make it more of a pain the ass to fly when you are near anything - ever"? I live within a mile of an old airport, 3 miles from a couple of military bases, and now it's become almost unusable because certifying it does nothing...
2017-3-30
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft
Netherlands

Hi, i'am new on this forum and i have a question about the firmware. I got a P4P and two batterys, after the firmware, does the second battery automatic gets the firmware just putting the battery in the aircraft? Or do i have to repeat step by step the upgrade from the firmware for each battery? Tnx
2017-3-31
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

I've updated my Phantom 4 Pro without any problems.  Thanks DJI.
2017-4-1
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vayreda Posted at 2017-3-31 15:37
Hi, i'am new on this forum and i have a question about the firmware. I got a P4P and two batterys, after the firmware, does the second battery automatic gets the firmware just putting the battery in the aircraft? Or do i have to repeat step by step the upgrade from the firmware for each battery? Tnx

When you insert each of your other batteries into the P4Pro aircraft and power it on, you should get a message on the main page of the DJI GO 4 app saying "Inconsistent Firmware Found" and asking if you want to upgrade the firmware. Swipe to the right to start the firmware upgrade and your battery firmware will be updated in less than 45 seconds. If you have additional batteries that require firmware updates, power down the aircraft, insert the next battery, and repeat this process.  NOTE: not all firmware updates include battery firmware updates. Firmware updates can include one or more of the following: aircraft flight control firmware update, aircraft motor ESC firmware update, camera firmware update, gimbal firmware update, battery firmware update, possibly others.
2017-4-1
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft
Netherlands

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-4-1 08:45
When you insert each of your other batteries into the P4Pro aircraft and power it on, you should get a message on the main page of the DJI GO 4 app saying "Inconsistent Firmware Found" and asking if you want to upgrade the firmware. Swipe to the right to start the firmware upgrade and your battery firmware will be updated in less than 45 seconds. If you have additional batteries that require firmware updates, power down the aircraft, insert the next battery, and repeat this process.  NOTE: not all firmware updates include battery firmware updates. Firmware updates can include one or more of the following: aircraft flight control firmware update, aircraft motor ESC firmware update, camera firmware update, gimbal firmware update, battery firmware update, possibly others.

Thanks a lot
2017-4-1
Use props
fansdf964097
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25259 ft
Australia

DJI state there is a micro SD card slot in the controller...not on mine ? Does this mean it's an old controller .? And how do I install the firmware Locally ?
2017-4-2
Use props
SM-17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

The microsd is in the phantom 4 pro plus.
2017-4-4
Use props
Capie
New
Flight distance : 35479 ft
South Africa

SM-17 Posted at 2017-4-4 00:28
The microsd is in the phantom 4 pro plus.

Hi, from South Africa. New to the drone sport. Being quite active with RC helicopters and planes. Being flying smaller drones, but bit the bullet and got myself a Phantom Pro4. Backup here in SA is a bit poor. Found the forum, and seems to answer my Questions.

I did the latest firmware update and lost image and signal at 150meters in hight and distance. I down graded my firmware and seems to be all fine. No other issues. I sent a message to DJI support on FB, still waiting for some feedback.
2017-4-5
Use props
Double D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15673 ft
India

So recently i took my Phantom 4 Pro with me on vacation to New Zealand , i was there for 18 days and i just couldnt get GPS connection with the Phantom 4 Pro. and becasue i didnt get GPS connection i couldnt take off and fly the drone . WTF !. can someone tell me what the hell happened ? im back in Mumbai now and i can start the drone ( no GPS connection but i can start the rotors. Whats going on DJI ? this is supposed to be the latest in the Phantom series ...  why do i have so many issues with it ...i just bought the dam thing in febuary.
2017-4-5
Use props
vripley
New
Flight distance : 560915 ft
United States

I'm getting the same "Network Unavailable" error on my P4P+ in the "Offline Map Download" section. Oddly enough, I run the DJI app on my droid and it works fine... Even more odd, wto allowing Mainland China data, suddenly a bunch of Chinese cities pop up and become available to download. It's like I only can't download US map data... Weird...

Was anyone with the GL300E controller (built-in screen) able to get the U.S. maps to download for offline usage?
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules