Received defective Mav for NEW purchase. Will I get a NEW return?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Syc0PthicManiac
lvl.1
United States

I ordered my Mav on 2/21/17 and received it on 3/1/17. I opened the box shortly after I got it and turned it on for the first time and noticed that it was knocking on its last movement in calibration so I immediately contacted support and was told this was normal at first and then when I showed them the video of this in action, their story changed.. I was then instructed to format SD card and install updates to see if the proble was fixed in which it wasn't and the problem still exists. The technician then told me that I can send it back for RMA in which at the time I was not comfortable/ready to send back an item I just recently paid $999 for...

NOW, my concern is this.. I JUST sent back my NEW Mavic Pro for RMA and I have read a LOT of customers complaining that they have received completely different units in return and in some cases, what seems to be refurb units.. I understand maybe a refurb unit for someone that has crashed their Mavic and the repair was devistating and a refurb unit would be a faster return for the customer but I am HOPING my situation is of different procedures.. Has anyone had issues with a brand new Mavic and sent it in? If so, please tell me your story. I am interested to see what the community has to say.

Here is what my gimbal was doing

2017-3-7
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

why didn't you just ask for a refund, and order a new one?  would be alot quicker too . . . .
2017-3-7
Use props
Syc0PthicManiac
lvl.1
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-3-7 07:53
why didn't you just ask for a refund, and order a new one?  would be alot quicker too . . . .

I was not offered that option..
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have confirmed with our engineers.
It's possible for the gimbal to do any movement while calibration.
Please don't worry about it and you don't need to send it in.
There might be some misunderstanding with our tech support. And thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I have reported this to our support team and we will keep improving the customer service.
2017-3-7
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

I've been through three mavics and they've all done that. It's "normal".
2017-3-8
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

OP, is the gimbal in the guide tabs / bracket located in the gimbal bay? There are two tabs in the front of the gimbal bay where the gimbal mechanism has two corresponding tabs which need to be between the tabs of the body / bay of the drone and the guide tabs.  similarly there is a lip in the rear of the bay where a larger tab from the gimbal mechanism slides between the guide bar and body of the drone. These tabs do not lock into place per say but act as a floating retention or guide for the gimbal. Looks like your gimbal is loose and this may be the issue. If the tabs from the gimbal are not floating between the gimbal bay retention tabs and body and popped out so to speak, I suggest gently correcting this.

I always check the gimbal bay before flight to make sure the gimbal tabs did not come out of place.

The second picture shows where the rear lip would be, however in this picture it is snapped / sheared off.
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules