2528 15 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team
2017-3-7
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

And Autopilot is now completely unusable with this latest firmware.  
2017-3-7
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I hope they fix it soon
2017-3-7
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I got the email from Litchi today as well....
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-7 12:42
I hope they fix it soon

Good job, thanks for the heads up...
2017-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Remember the good days when software came on floppy disks. Wasn't always perfect, but companies took huge steps to avoid releasing bad software. Whole teams of developers would be sacked for a bad release. But now they can update anytime they want, most software is very badly written.

Especially bad in situations like this where two lots of software are meant to talk to each other. Litchi blame DJI, DJI blame litchi ....we suffer

DroneDeploy won't work for me although they told me the problem was fixed in the last update.

And now energy companies pushing bad updates to Smart Meters - £50,000 bill anyone

Give it 2 years before bad software sends us all back to the stone age

Oooops, almost got in to an off topic rant
2017-3-7
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-7 14:22
Remember the good days when software came on floppy disks. Wasn't always perfect, but companies took huge steps to avoid releasing bad software. Whole teams of developers would be sacked for a bad release. But now they can update anytime they want, most software is very badly written.

Especially bad in situations like this where two lots of software are meant to talk to each other. Litchi blame DJI, DJI blame litchi ....we suffer

There was only 64k of ram on the 800xl. A whopping 128k that had to be bank swapped in 16k portions back into the 64 on the 130xe. Ah miss those 8-bit days on the Atari. So easy to program and you could literally remember every register in the machine and what it did. You had to be real good at optimizing code which comes in handy on microprocessors today.

I think Chinese don't care much about bugs from what I've seen, or work in small teams. They push software out and deal with the bugs in the wild. The solution to that is hire a bigger team or better team of programmers, but that costs money.
2017-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-7 15:17
There was only 64k of ram on the 800xl. A whopping 128k that had to be bank swapped in 16k portions back into the 64 on the 130xe. Ah miss those 8-bit days on the Atari. So easy to program and you could literally remember every register in the machine and what it did. You had to be real good at optimizing code which comes in handy on microprocessors today.

I think Chinese don't care much about bugs from what I've seen, or work in small teams. They push software out and deal with the bugs in the wild. The solution to that is hire a bigger team or better team of programmers, but that costs money.

Got me hunting down the old x86 1k demo challenges now. They still do them, this is a 1k executable

That would be a 50mb download now

Wayyyyy off topic now
2017-3-7
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-3-7 11:46
And Autopilot is now completely unusable with this latest firmware.

Yes I tried to use this to take a 360 and when I selected engage the Mavic seemed to be rocking back and forth from what I could see on the screen and looked like it could flip and I was over a river but flew ok once I disengaged.  I then used Litchi to take the 360 and it worked ok but got home and received the mail from Litchi but it seemed unaffected taking the 360.
2017-3-8
Use props
GekoCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574557 ft
Switzerland

thx for the info I won't use the app till this is fixed... didn't receive an E-Mail tough...

Andy
2017-3-8
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

...any word from DJI if or when they will fix the firmware?
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

daishi Posted at 2017-3-15 03:48
...any word from DJI if or when they will fix the firmware?

For that matter, have they even acknowledged that it is their problem?
2017-3-15
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Not really, but since the problem exists with both Litchi and Autopilot and everything was fine before the update it sure looks like something changed in the firmware.

In the end it doesn´t matter for me who fixes the bug as long as it gets fixed ;).
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

daishi Posted at 2017-3-15 04:34
Not really, but since the problem exists with both Litchi and Autopilot and everything was fine before the update it sure looks like something changed in the firmware.

In the end it doesn´t matter for me who fixes the bug as long as it gets fixed ;).

Oh, I don't doubt that it was caused by a firmware problem; I just wondered if I had overlooked an acknowledgment of that by DJI.
2017-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There have been new updates for iOS today,
2017-3-15
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-15 05:10
There have been new updates for iOS today,

Yep, but according to the Litchi Facebook page they don´t address the problems with the newest firmware.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules