Phantom 4 Pro+ contoller update error
14523 46 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans12166962
lvl.1
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-12 02:28
On the + you go into settings / update and click the small dots/lines in top right corner.

I had some trouble getting it to see the card with FW but figured out that if you do a "Erase card" it get mounted after erase. Then i could connect to PC and copy FW to card while it was in RC.

Hi.  Thanks so much for your help.  I  found the 3 dots in settings/update but the RC doesn't recognize the SD card.  I erased the SD card and then copied the files to the SD card.  This is what I copied: GL300E_v1200_20170609.bin and the same title with bin.cpgz.  Got message:  no update found.  Copy the downloaded firmware package to the root of your SD card and insert SD card into your Crystal Sky.  Did that.  Nothing happened.  I tried another route:  connected the RC to drone when I got message for update and it updated to 16% then stopped.  Go figure.  Anyway, thanks for your help!
2017-9-12
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

You cannot update a plus controller using Dji assistant 2

You can update it with a bin file on the sdcard, (latest firmware V01.02.01.00 is not on dji website) or through the controller's built-in wifi
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

SM-17 Posted at 2017-9-12 11:59
You cannot update a plus controller using Dji assistant 2

You can update it with a bin file on the sdcard, (latest firmware V01.02.01.00 is not on dji website) or through the controller's built-in wifi

Sorry, you are right my apologies. It is through the App. I have a number of products that I have to cover on these forums so sometimes am going by memory. Thank you for keeping me on my toes.
2017-9-12
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans12166962 Posted at 2017-9-12 11:48
Hi.  Thanks so much for your help.  I  found the 3 dots in settings/update but the RC doesn't recognize the SD card.  I erased the SD card and then copied the files to the SD card.  This is what I copied: GL300E_v1200_20170609.bin and the same title with bin.cpgz.  Got message:  no update found.  Copy the downloaded firmware package to the root of your SD card and insert SD card into your Crystal Sky.  Did that.  Nothing happened.  I tried another route:  connected the RC to drone when I got message for update and it updated to 16% then stopped.  Go figure.  Anyway, thanks for your help!

It sounds like the same issue i ran in to, what i did was this

Put the SD in the RC, enter settings / storage and select erase card.
Connect RC to computer, on RC drag down the menu and tap the "start USB connection" thing and do the steps to initialize the connection.
When above is done there would be a DJI + a USB device available, copy the .bin to the USB device
Stop the USB connection on RC
Enter Settings / update - click the three dots and you should see the FW on the card.

Not sure why it refuse to see the .bin if file was copied to card in the computer.

PS. afaik the 20170609 would be the one that came with AC FW 01.04.0602, see release notes , in my case it was where the trouble startet ...

I am looking for the 2017.04.12 listed in the release notes but can't find any information about this one in other placees. Would like to test out the 4.0.6 APP right now running 2017.03.07 (4.0.4 APP) / AC = 01.03.0509.

2017-9-12
Use props
fansc4afb729
New

France

I had the same error message. Never updated before. Followed DJIs instructions and downloaded firmware 1.4, onto a sd card, and inserted into the controller to update.
Turns out that I had to get an intermediate update first, V1.2 (don't remember the exact number).
This update is nowhere to be found on DJIs website, only got it by connecting through Wifi (Not "local" update as I was told.
After this update the controller did not reboot properly. I turned it off, and on again, got the "map database" error, but it seems the update got installed.
ONLY THEN was I able to successfully update V1.4 via SD-card.
SHAME ON DJI !!!  for a horrible customer experience. Their product works well, nicely designed, but on the software side, the interface, the website, the navigation, and menus....   THUMBS DOWN from me.
2018-7-21
Use props
fansc4afb729
New

France

I had the same error message. Never updated before. Followed DJIs instructions and downloaded firmware 1.4, onto a sd card, and inserted into the controller to update.  Turns out that I had to get an intermediate update first, V1.2 (don't remember the exact number). This update is nowhere to be found on DJIs website, only got it by connecting through Wifi (Not "local" update as I was told. After this update the controller did not reboot properly. I turned it off, and on again, got the "map database" error, but it seems the update got installed. ONLY THEN was I able to successfully update V1.4 via SD-card. SHAME ON DJI !!!  for a horrible customer experience. Their product works well, nicely designed, but on the software side, the interface, the website, the navigation, and menus....   THUMBS DOWN from me.
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_iGqFeRMzK6oN
New

United States

jthadestroyer Posted at 2017-3-8 17:28
I was able to finally get past this error 800 after 3-4 hours of
The fix for me was a combination of:
- Turn off WiFi and make sure it stays off until the update is completes.

This worked phenominally!! Thanks!!
2019-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules