Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Less than 2 week old Phantom faulty remote why do I need to send it back???
1593 16 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chuck
New
Flight distance : 9692 ft

United States

I just purchased a DJI Phantom Visiion 2 Plus 3.0 and received it about 2 weeks ago.   I only figured out the top right three way toggle switch on the remote doesn't work in the bottom position.  I only just figured out it didn't work because I felt comfortable enough to use NAZA mode.  If I hadn't it could have been 6 months down the road.  The failsafe doesn't work.  And when I choose down the road the manual mode won't work.  

Please someone from DJI tell me a company your size why you don't offer to send a new one out?  The answer is NOT to repair items being cheap!  The answer is to supply a new one to the customer!!  Either you learn some customer service or your growing company will be short lived.  So I want a FAULTY REPAIRED brand new item?????????????????????????

You buy ANY product from ANY manufacturer and the product is faulty...They DO NOT say send it back so we can fix it because we are pathetically cheap!!  They give you a new product that works because you just spent a fortune on the product and then they do whatever with the faulty product.  Most likely they sell them as refurbished units.  

Model yourself after successful companies before you are a has been!

Let me give you the answer....

Your customer service department has me on the phone, they telll me to hook the drone up to the computer and DJI software, then go to the appropriate screen and have me toggle the switch.  Bam, you see it is faulty and see I purchased it 2 weeks ago and also see I just recently changed it to naza mode to even find the problem.  Then you accept responsibility for a faulty product and ship me a new one.  That simple.  

This sucks!  Period!  2 weeks old and I am supposed to ship it across the country and just wait for you to REPAIR a brand new item???

Thanks for the terrible customer service!

And thanks for interupting me every time I talked to the supervisor...

2015-2-23
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Er, I think you may be expecting a bit much mate. If you buy a TV and the remote has a dead button do you really expect them to just send a new one? I thnk not . . .

I can understand your dissapointment but your expectations are unrealistic regardless of the company involved.
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry Chuck to hear your story. Sorry also to inform you that you are not the only one to have issues and cop the attitude that you just have to suck it up.
2015-2-23
Use props
Attenuated
lvl.1

United States

Toshiba did that for me, they sent me a new remote because mine had a missing slide button.  AT&T (who is a pretty cappy big company) sent me a new gateway because the one they sent me didn't work correctly. The gateway section didn't work but the 4 port wireless router portion did.That was $100 item that I purchased from them to connect to their service. I ask them if they were going to send me a return shipping label since I still had the original shipping box, or should I just take it to UPS. They said they were sorry for the inconvenience and that I could just keep the old unit.

DJI should consider sending a replacement controller with a prepaid return label so he can send the old one back.
2015-2-23
Use props
chuck
New
Flight distance : 9692 ft

United States

Attenuated Posted at 2015-2-24 10:59
Toshiba did that for me, they sent me a new remote because mine had a missing slide button.  AT&T (w ...

Yes I agree!  Actually those examples are exactly correct.  Any reputable company sends a replacement.  Think of the phone you carry and some went wrong two weeks later.  They ask you to send it in for repairs?  LOL.  No.  
2015-2-23
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

I would agree it is new it should work if not you should get a new one. Bought a metal detector from Whites had had it almost six months. It quit working called them they sent me a new detector with a label to return the broken one. I have told many people about the great customer service. They have my business from now on.
2015-2-23
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The replacement remotes are only $100. If this happened to me, I would buy one to use as a spare (perhaps to also upgrade the crappy antenna it comes with to one with a proper screw on connector). I would then send the original in for repair. Done and done.
2015-2-23
Use props
nick.soefje.gma
New

United States

trailtec.dodo Posted at 2015-2-24 10:38
Er, I think you may be expecting a bit much mate. If you buy a TV and the remote has a dead button d ...

Sorry, but you do expect them to send you out a new remote.
2015-2-24
Use props
trailtec
lvl.2

Australia

You are dealing with a Chinese company now lads, it ain't gunna happen as that's just not how it's done there. If you were in China you would be lucky to get any service at all. It's not DJI it's just how it is and it will take time to change.
2015-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

trailtec@dodo.c Posted at 2015-2-24 18:52
You are dealing with a Chinese company now lads, it ain't gunna happen as that's just not how it's d ...

My S2 switch failed after 2 weeks as well. Not much point getting it fixed or asking for a new unit.

It would only be replaced with another poor quality switch. I suspect that a lot of flight issues are caused by these switches going faulty.

Mine forced a Course Lock setting that could not be deactivated. Top position failed and read as middle position.

I have ordered heavy duty switches and I will replace myself.

Cheers

2015-2-24
Use props
trailtec
lvl.2

Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-24 20:48
My S2 switch failed after 2 weeks as well. Not much point getting it fixed or asking for a new uni ...

Yup, considering the fact I have read several accounts of switch fails I ordered two Futaba switches and I'll be replacing mine before I have any trouble.
2015-2-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Chuck,
Maybe I am overthinking the obvious,
Did you go into the software an enable NAZA mode which when enabled you can verify all the switch positions, enable IOC etc.?
2015-2-24
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

If they just shipped a new one to everyone that said something was wrong with the one they have without requiring the defective one to be returned, do you realize how many people would have 3 or 4 complete systems for the price of one.  That's why it is required to be returned before they send a new one.  They have to examine the old one first.
2015-2-24
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Observer 2 Posted at 2015-2-25 05:19
If they just shipped a new one to everyone that said something was wrong with the one they have with ...

Shouldn't have to examine the first one first. If OP has had it troubleshooted & they told him it is defective,  how hard would it be to send a  RMA or call tag along with it. If it is not returned, charge his credit card. Or if they won't do that, charge you for a new one & send a call tag & when they receive damaged one, credit you back. Most companies are happy to deal with one of those two options.  Do not know if OP asked or if he asked to do that.
2015-2-24
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

larry is right, i can do this with hardware manuf.  i had to RMA 3 video cards that in total costs well more than the phantom.  i had my new cards the next day and the old ones were not even back yet.  but had i tried to scam them, they had my credit card and i would have six insteda of three and would have paid for six.  ill tell you this, for manuf that use this method (and yes it has challenges they have to face for sure), i will never shop anywhere else after that because it is such a brilliant concept and enjoyable customer experience.
2015-2-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-2-25 05:10
Chuck,
Maybe I am overthinking the obvious,
Did you go into the software an enable NAZA mode which w ...

Chuck,
I just reread your post, sorry, I see you did communicate with DJI and they had you test the unit,
Yes, that does stink for sure.
Could DJI not at least consider a replacement via a local (if available) hobby shop that might sell the Phantom product or alternately, and I know this is a stretch, maybe send a new RC that is tied to an RMA they include with the new unit that must be sent back ie. within 1 week from proof of delivery to you otherwise DJI initiate a charge against a credit card or something?
In one area of the business I am in we have clients send items back that need to be ie. recovered etc.
We will send the client out a newly recovered item first and providing they send the core back within a defined period of time the client is only charged for the recovering otherwise we apply a core chage as well.
This should be simple in my books, DJI send you a new RC and if you don't send the old one back within a week then you own two of them and have paid for two of them!
2015-2-24
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

tons of merchants do it, it has certainly been proven to be an effective business operating model.  there is no doubt it puts the customer in the front of the equation.  no method is perfect but this one will defn pay off for you in the long run imho.
2015-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules