Has anyone had a good experience sending their mavic in for repair?
12Next >
6632 64 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

I sent my mavic in on Feb 27th due to the bottom left side and corner being soft out of focus. On top of that I was also experiencing intermittent global focus issues (at times I couldn't focus at all, it would take multiple camera settings default resets to get it to focus again, and then it would revert back to no focusing all together.

UPS said it was signed for on March 3rd - and I have still heard nothing. I chatted twice with DJI support, and they basically are no help at all. One guy stated that it was "getting ready to undergo review." Another said, I should hear something within a week from now? Everything I've read says it takes 1 day from signature and the online repair status would be updated.

Ken, do you have an answer for this? So much for purchasing Refresh and the advertized prioritized support!?
2017-3-7
Use props
mountainbikeak
lvl.1
United States

I sent mine in for the same issues, it also arrived on the 3rd and I have yet to hear from dji (via email or update on repair).  I figured they would have at the very least updated service page acknowledging they received it.  Hopefully soon.. good luck on your end!
2017-3-7
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

I enjoyed a trouble free warranty issue with a replacement camera fitted in the Netherlands and returned back to me within 10 days here in the UK.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI is a massive facility and when the trucks drop off to the loading docks it can take several days for the packages to move through logistics and to the correct departments.
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I also had trouble free experience, I allowed two weeks, and I didn't bother myself or dji during this time and low and behold it was back with me, it's not my job to direct logistics at dji it's theirs and I'm sure they are the best equipped people to decide how their operations work, and can also improve their systems as they grow..
2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:34
I also had trouble free experience, I allowed two weeks, and I didn't bother myself or dji during this time and low and behold it was back with me, it's not my job to direct logistics at dji it's theirs and I'm sure they are the best equipped people to decide how their operations work, and can also improve their systems as they grow..

I agree, but if they state on their website that it takes a day after receipt for their repair status to update- then that's what expect. If it takes longer, just be honest, update the website with accurate information, and people won't bug them.

I know it will get worked out, but if communication was better, they would have much fewer complaints.
2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:30
DJI is a massive facility and when the trucks drop off to the loading docks it can take several days for the packages to move through logistics and to the correct departments.

That makes sense Ken. I just wish the website didn't say it usually takes 1-2 days after receipt for the status to update. Support told me with in a week, and it has already been 4 days.
2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

rick39 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:15
I enjoyed a trouble free warranty issue with a replacement camera fitted in the Netherlands and returned back to me within 10 days here in the UK.

Nice to hear!
2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

mountainbikeak Posted at 2017-3-7 13:01
I sent mine in for the same issues, it also arrived on the 3rd and I have yet to hear from dji (via email or update on repair).  I figured they would have at the very least updated service page acknowledging they received it.  Hopefully soon.. good luck on your end!

Good luck to you, hope we are flying soon!
2017-3-7
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

I had a very good experience getting a non-DJI refresh drone repaired in Carson California center.   No complaints, it came back better than i expected.
2017-3-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No.........
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:44
I agree, but if they state on their website that it takes a day after receipt for their repair status to update- then that's what expect. If it takes longer, just be honest, update the website with accurate information, and people won't bug them.

I know it will get worked out, but if communication was better, they would have much fewer complaints.

I agree, after your promised date, is the time to for answers , but I read many complaints here about Mavics being returned and not booked in or not being assessed immediately, many of these are from impatient customers, who think they now have a chance to jump on the bandwagon to complain.

It's know ones business how dji choose to handle their logistics or operations, so I have little or no sympathy with these people.

If your Mavic is late coming back to you without proper explanation, you then have cause to get proper answers as to why this delay is happening.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:46
That makes sense Ken. I just wish the website didn't say it usually takes 1-2 days after receipt for the status to update. Support told me with in a week, and it has already been 4 days.

After receipt means after checked in and that's what takes up to several days.
2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:54
After receipt means after checked in and that's what takes up to several days.

Then they should amend their statement to say, It can take several days for shipped repairs to be checked in, and 1-2 days for the status to update. All I want is honest accurate communication.
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Can I ask where you read it takes 1 day from and online repair status would be updated?
2017-3-7
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 494806 ft
United States

Not really, no, my Mavic is back to repair for the 2nd time. 1st time was quick, less than 2 days at the facility in California, 2 weeks in transit.

This time they have had it since the 25th of Feb, been sitting at under repair since then. No real answers from chat, the mods on here have said it will be addressed shortly.

I got an email today saying
"Hello,
We wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your patience as we are waiting on inventory to arrive. We are expecting it shortly and will update you once it is in transit with the tracking information. We upgraded your shipping to 2-day as a courtesy.
We appreciate your understanding.
Best, "

That's nice but it doesn't appear that it will be finished before I leave for vacation this weekend.

2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

Jcox3 Posted at 2017-3-7 15:08
Not really, no, my Mavic is back to repair for the 2nd time. 1st time was quick, less than 2 days at the facility in California, 2 weeks in transit.

This time they have had it since the 25th of Feb, been sitting at under repair since then. No real answers from chat, the mods on here have said it will be addressed shortly.

Bummer man, that's not good to hear. Sounds like they are having a hard time estimating anything at this point. Hopefully they get yours sorted out soon.
2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-7 14:29
Can I ask where you read it takes 1 day from and online repair status would be updated?

It is stated on the page where you enter your case number to check on the repair status. Case accepted 2/23, RMA received 2/25, Shipped out 2/26, Signed for 3/3, It currently sits in "To Be Received" and below is what it says:

"Please send back your product as soon as possible. If the product has not been received within 30 days, the case will be automatically closed.
Once the product is received, it will take 1 working day for unpacking. Please wait patiently."

They should atlest re word it to say, it takes 4-5 days after signature of the package before it is received, and 1 day for unpacking.

2017-3-7
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:30

What do you consider several? It's been 5 days, and no word!?
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-8 11:38
What do you consider several? It's been 5 days, and no word!?

It's been 3 business days, what's the case# and I will check the status.
2017-3-8
Use props
adverselection
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172523 ft
United States

I actually had a great experience. Opened up a case over the weekend, got a UPS label via email. Dropped off at UPS on Monday and two weeks and a day later I had a new drone in my hand. DJI Refresh...
2017-3-8
Use props
404NotFound
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477736 ft
United States

I sent mine in for repair and the only issue I has was how long it takes UPS to ship. Looks like the plane was just circling the US for 3 days going from Houston to California. Took 4 days to get there and 4 days to get back, repair time was only about 2-3 days.

Sad things is I now have to send it back since I am having an issue with the Gimbal tilt. My drone had no problem when I sent it in, looks like they actually replaced my drone which was really cool of them, but now I have the same issue other threads are showing which the horizon tilting more and more as you fly forward.
2017-3-8
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-8 11:42
It's been 3 business days, what's the case# and I will check the status.

CAS-472811-L7G3N2
2017-3-8
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

404NotFound Posted at 2017-3-8 11:47
I sent mine in for repair and the only issue I has was how long it takes UPS to ship. Looks like the plane was just circling the US for 3 days going from Houston to California. Took 4 days to get there and 4 days to get back, repair time was only about 2-3 days.

Sad things is I now have to send it back since I am having an issue with the Gimbal tilt. My drone had no problem when I sent it in, looks like they actually replaced my drone which was really cool of them, but now I have the same issue other threads are showing which the horizon tilting more and more as you fly forward.

So buggy, it's a shame because otherwise it's an awesome drone!
2017-3-8
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I'm torn. I have a left side blur issue. Otherwise my mavic is perfect. I'm afraid that 1st, they will likely replace the entire mavic and that may have other issues or worse camera blur issues, 2nd, the replace unit might be a refurbished unit that is likely is to be in bad shape. ive read in other threads here where the replacement had cable chipped, or scratches etc.... i really dont want to go through that.
At the same time, i want a mavic that doesnt record blurry garbage...
2017-3-8
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-3-8 15:19
I'm torn. I have a left side blur issue. Otherwise my mavic is perfect. I'm afraid that 1st, they will likely replace the entire mavic and that may have other issues or worse camera blur issues, 2nd, the replace unit might be a refurbished unit that is likely is to be in bad shape. ive read in other threads here where the replacement had cable chipped, or scratches etc.... i really dont want to go through that.
At the same time, i want a mavic that doesnt record blurry garbage...

Yeah, I've heard some horror stories too. You would think if it's refurbished, it wouldn't have any scratches on it. If mine gets returned with scratches, its going right back.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

It hasn't been received in yet, it should be moved through logistics and to the correct department soon.
2017-3-9
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-9 07:47
It hasn't been received in yet, it should be moved through logistics and to the correct department soon.

I am aware of this.....
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-9 10:22
I am aware of this.....

OK, understood.
2017-3-9
Use props
fansa0292a50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189970 ft
United States

13MStang Posted at 2017-3-7 13:50
I had a very good experience getting a non-DJI refresh drone repaired in Carson California center.   No complaints, it came back better than i expected.

i sent my drone to their Carson warehouse i had no problem whatsoever  i never had to speak to anyone. i did everything online and i am currently waiting for it to arrived
2017-3-10
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

I did send in my Mavic, it was replaced with a refurbished Mavic, looked great on the outside, flied great. But, the issue which was reason to send in the Mavic wasn't resolved. The blur transferred from left to right, so I sended in again, that's a shame but I have good confidence DJI will take care of this. It's a bummer it will cost me two to three weeks, again.
2017-3-10
Use props
fans098027be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111716 ft
United States

As someone currently going through this process in the US, I can say from experience that you're looking at the following (please keep in mind these are BUSINESS days):
2 days to have UPS ground shipping sent
2-5 days for UPS ground shipping
5 days for Check-In (at least that is how long it will take for your case to update)
1 day for Damage Assessment
2-3 days for Quotation (this is where I am at currently)

After that, DJI estimates (if accurate) that it will take 3-4 business days for repair. Then of course, another 2-5 days for ground shipment.

In total, that is about 25 business days of events, which equates to a full five weeks. Not sure what it looks like without 'priority', but if you have to send it in, the process takes over a month (weekends included, of course).

Good luck!!
2017-3-10
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

Peut Posted at 2017-3-10 01:41
I did send in my Mavic, it was replaced with a refurbished Mavic, looked great on the outside, flied great. But, the issue which was reason to send in the Mavic wasn't resolved. The blur transferred from left to right, so I sended in again, that's a shame but I have good confidence DJI will take care of this. It's a bummer it will cost me two to three weeks, again.

I fear this, I was hesitant to send it in, but it developed the focus issue where I could never focus at all. Hope you get yours back the second time if good working condition! I wonder how well they test them before shipping them back out.

2017-3-10
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

fans098027be Posted at 2017-3-10 17:34
As someone currently going through this process in the US, I can say from experience that you're looking at the following (please keep in mind these are BUSINESS days):

Wowza! I have a feeling, refresh does nothing for us regarding prioritization. I hope you get yours back in working fashion.
2017-3-10
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

fansa0292a50 Posted at 2017-3-10 01:03
i sent my drone to their Carson warehouse i had no problem whatsoever  i never had to speak to anyone. i did everything online and i am currently waiting for it to arrived

That's great, seems like the service has been inconsistent - so it's good to hear that some are pleased with their service.
2017-3-10
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

fans098027be Posted at 2017-3-10 17:34

A day has past, and no update regarding Damage assessment. We'll see.......
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Peut Posted at 2017-3-10 01:41

I'm sorry to hear this, can you PM me your case number so I can help? Thank you.  The first and second one.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-10 17:36
I fear this, I was hesitant to send it in, but it developed the focus issue where I could never focus at all. Hope you get yours back the second time if good working condition! I wonder how well they test them before shipping them back out.

You can send it in a bit later, currently there's some backlogs in the repair center for Mavic.
2017-3-10
Use props
zbyna
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had very good experience with my repair. They kept timming how they promised. Only one small problem was they told me the drone will be fixed  in 2-3 days and actually it was a week - not big issue. So i was very satisfied.
2017-3-11
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-10 20:25
You can send it in a bit later, currently there's some backlogs in the repair center for Mavic.

I am the original poster, I already sent it in. I was saying that I was hesitant, but then aside from the soft out of focus bottom left, it stopped focusing all together. The whole image looked like a watercolor. Hopefully I hear something soon, and I get a good repair or replacement.
2017-3-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules