Has anyone had a good experience sending their mavic in for repair?
6672 64 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-10 20:21
I'm sorry to hear this, can you PM me your case number so I can help? Thank you.  The first and second one.

Thanks in advance, I did just send the PM.
2017-3-11
Use props
fans098027be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111716 ft
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-10 17:36
I fear this, I was hesitant to send it in, but it developed the focus issue where I could never focus at all. Hope you get yours back the second time if good working condition! I wonder how well they test them before shipping them back out.

So wanted to update:

After getting a barrage of update emails, said my case was updated to 'Damage Assessment', after which I received an email that I would get an invoice within 2-3 business days. Today is day 3, and after talking to support, I was told that 'the invoice had been created but not sent because the invoicing team was busy' (paraphrased). I was then told it would be another 24-48 hours for the invoice.

So, all of that being said, looks like the whole damage assessment/quote is closer to 3-5 days.

Just thought I would update the thread based on previously disclosed timelines given by DJI.
2017-3-13
Use props
Nathantfisher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73642 ft
United States

I was skeptical of the 1 day time frame they gave me as well. Took 3 days once they received it in and invoiced me.  Paid tonight and says will take 1 working day to process payment so we'll see how it goes. Once i get this back i think i'm just going to stay at 3-400ft for awhile.  The worst was waiting on UPS tho, wish there was a way to upgrade shipping.

That's been my experience so far. Not bad.
2017-3-13
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-10 20:21
I'm sorry to hear this, can you PM me your case number so I can help? Thank you.  The first and second one.

Hello Thor,

Were you able to get any information on this matter?

Thanks!
2017-3-14
Use props
fans837a2358
lvl.4
Flight distance : 348307 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-14
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

fans837a2358 Posted at 2017-3-14 03:37
I have just sent my off for repair and I am not hopeful of seeing it again for 4-5 weeks which is what I told yesterday! I was also told by Kenneth in China that I would get it back next Thursday (23rd March)!!

I would also say that their treatment of customers is disgusting!! Whoever runs their Twitter claimed that the corner blurring was not a known issue but then on private messenger they admitted they were aware of it. I have now been blocked from DJI Support on Twitter for no apparent reason!

Its been so frustrating. I can tell when I talked to support via chat, they knew darn well that it's been a known issue. I cited many threads on their very own forum, and I know for a fact that they didn't click on the link because they knew it was an issue. I'm sure there are thousands of mavic owners out there that have the issue, but they either don't know they have it, or they don't bother to send it in. It's a shame how they are treating their customers. For as much time as they must put into their technology, they are missing the customer service piece. This will bite them hard in the future.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans098027be
lvl.1
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-14 05:21
Its been so frustrating. I can tell when I talked to support via chat, they knew darn well that it's been a known issue. I cited many threads on their very own forum, and I know for a fact that they didn't click on the link because they knew it was an issue. I'm sure there are thousands of mavic owners out there that have the issue, but they either don't know they have it, or they don't bother to send it in. It's a shame how they are treating their customers. For as much time as they must put into their technology, they are missing the customer service piece. This will bite them hard in the future.

Good news - received invoice last night and was able to pay. I would say that DJI is probably swamped, and your intervention is required to keep things on track. I am okay with that.

On another note, I am unclear as to how you can cause more than $750 damage to a Mavic unit.

Hopefully, I will receive a new one.
2017-3-14
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Nathantfisher Posted at 2017-3-13 17:55
I was skeptical of the 1 day time frame they gave me as well. Took 3 days once they received it in and invoiced me.  Paid tonight and says will take 1 working day to process payment so we'll see how it goes. Once i get this back i think i'm just going to stay at 3-400ft for awhile.  The worst was waiting on UPS tho, wish there was a way to upgrade shipping.

That's been my experience so far. Not bad.

Agree! I'll be at 400 feet for a while lol.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans098027be
lvl.1
United States

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-10 17:38
Wowza! I have a feeling, refresh does nothing for us regarding prioritization. I hope you get yours back in working fashion.

No, it is reasonable to conclude that it does not. Interested to see how mine will come back, since the invoice without itemization that I received said the bill would be $814 ($79 for which I was responsible). However, I am unclear as to why DJI would fix a $750 drone that had $814 in damage to it.

PS - The repair process that is stated at 3-4 days has just been revised per online support:
"Please expect around 4-8 business days"
2017-3-20
Use props
Junior_NO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578622 ft
Norway

Not a good experience here...

I've had my bird in for repair and here is the timeline I had.
(these are just the headlines. It was a lot of mails going back and forth between these dates)

Jan/25/2017 - The crash

Feb/01/2017 - Case accepted by DJI Support

Feb/15/2017 - Unit received. Actually it was received Feb/09/2017, but took a while to move to the right department

Feb/20/2017 - Received quotation. Conclusion: Pilot fault, no warranty. Sent mails to have a new assessment

Feb/22/2017 - Got a mail to fill out an DJI Analysis Form and send it back

Mar/02/2017 - 2nd damage assessment finished. New conclusion: battery issue, not pilot fault

Mar/14/2017 - Finished repair (took a while due to parts not in stock)

Mar/15/2017 - No confirmation yet, but I hope they'll get it shipped today

Mar/17/2017 - I received 'my' Mavic back from 'repair'

First of all, it was not my Mavic, this one has a completely different serial number.
I got a refurbished one, sent without the gimbal clamp! (the gimbal cover was attached though)
I had mixed up the batteries (I didn't know which was the faulty one), so Support told me to send all the batteries and they would check them.
What I got back was all my original batteries (including the faulty one). I was told by Support that they would replace the faulty battery.
They also sent it back to me without props (also told by Support that they would replace).

Why does the 'repair' take so long time if they send me a refurbished drone? They told me the repair will take long time because parts out of stock.
How can I trust everything is ok with the gimbal, now that it was shipped without its clamp?
I sent mail to Support 5 minutes after opening the box, but they haven't replied to me yet.
I haven't powered it up yet, waiting for Support to fix this mess.

BTW: I uploaded the flightlog to HealthyDrones.com and it showed me the SN of the faulty battery.
2017-3-20
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

Well, They claim they've made the repair, and it's all covered under warranty. They also say it can take up to 3 days to initiate the ship!  I'll keep everyone updated with how the repair was, if I got a refurb, and if the problem was corrected. 2/25/2017 the drone shipped out for repair, I am estimating the whole process to be 35 days!
2017-3-22
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

Update: Mavic has been repaired and tested. Ready to ship, "within 2 days."
2017-3-24
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

Info1769 Posted at 2017-3-22 17:13
Well, They claim they've made the repair, and it's all covered under warranty. They also say it can take up to 3 days to initiate the ship!  I'll keep everyone updated with how the repair was, if I got a refurb, and if the problem was corrected. 2/25/2017 the drone shipped out for repair, I am estimating the whole process to be 35 days!

I'm 38 days now for a simple replacement https://forum.dji.com/thread-87631-1-1.html
2017-3-24
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-24 07:53
I'm 38 days now for a simple replacement https://forum.dji.com/thread-87631-1-1.html

Complete replacement? You would think they could figure out how to replace an item in less than a month!
2017-3-28
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

Update: I was told I was receiving my repaired mavic, but was sent a replacement. They however could not tell me if it was new or refurbished. Either way, a little upset with all the inconsistencies. All told, it took 35 days from the day I shipped it in. I haven't had time to test it out to see if the problem has been resolved, I'll update this thread as I find resolution.
2017-4-2
Use props
fanse4e99348
New
Flight distance : 54905 ft
United States

Is a total mess.....
2017-4-2
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1654 ft
Italy

going through the repair process for the first time (fingers, toes and eyes crossed lol) they recieved it yesterday 15-2-18 let's see how long it takes for the whole process to complete. hopefully i will be singing their praises in the next couple of weeks but judging by all the negative comments i'm not holding my breath as i want to live lol. wouldnt it be nice to see some positivity about this company. i for one would love to write something positive about them as they produce great products. here's hoping will update when i recieve my mavic back. waiting with baited breath lol. eek! hope i get the battery back and the propellers i left attched. hope it dosent come back as just the unit. thought i'd be kind and leave it ready to fly, probably going to regret that mistake lol.
2018-2-16
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Malaysia

I've had my Mavic sent in twice.  First time the gimbal malfunctioned.  they sent me a brand new Mavic Aircraft - under warranty - no charge.

Second time I crashed it myself, so I enacted my Care Refresh.  This was just before new year, so there were some delays.  I ended getting a completely new one again costing the agreed care refresh replacement price of A$139.

Both times they actually send you a quote first, and you can decide on which way to go.

I am a happy customer.

I just wish you could buy Care refresh for the second year.
2018-2-16
Use props
Игорь Дудник
New

Japan

Hi! My name is Ethan and I'm facing a problem with my Mavic pro. The one I bought from DJI was lost under undefined circumstances, so DJI offered me 30% discount to buy a new one. I was very upset, as there was no human mistake, but they could prove the opposite too... so decided not to buy any at first. But later on I changed my mind. We had a coming trip so i texted DJI and waited for reply. It took them too long so I went online and found one guy who sold me a seems like new drone without batteries and remote control, as i still had them from my last Mavic. But first time I launched it camera had some issues. so i sent it to Shenzhen to fix it. And got a message that there is no SN on it, so they wont return it. So, the problem is they took away my drone and they don't send it back. And no one answers my e-mails. Help me , please.
2018-4-16
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

The time taken to repair can be frustrating, the repair however was carried out with no subsequent problems and very happy with the end result. I would take the timeline on the status with a pinch of salt and allow between 3 and 4 weeks for a repair to be turned around including postage. Consider it a result if you get the job turned around any sooner as the product line up continues to expand. I would like to think the number of technicians employed is changes to meet increased repair demand.
2018-4-16
Use props
djiuser_pCuwembXZYrg
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:30
DJI is a massive facility and when the trucks drop off to the loading docks it can take several days for the packages to move through logistics and to the correct departments.

Hmmmm
I'm having the same issue.  My drone arrived at the DJI facility last week and still no word or update.
Also no reply's to either of the 2 emails sent.

Hard to buy into the "massive facility" reasoning with today's logistics technology.
2020-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

nothing but great service, sent my MP Pro 3 times and always treated great.
2020-1-16
Use props
djiuser_7H4PvRQiMM95
New

United States

I'm currently debating sending my Mini 2 in for a replacement on the camera glass (it shattered), but I want to have it back before the week of Feb 20th (Winter break for me)... anybody know if I'm likely to have it back.
2023-1-26
Use props
John Wilsoniv
lvl.1

United States

I sent my drone for repair and UPS lost it and DJI is not doing anything about it said they would not be replaced it it's a mavic3 I have drop off receipt and pictures of it and factory box dji still refuse to replace
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

John Wilsoniv Posted at 12-30 23:58
I sent my drone for repair and UPS lost it and DJI is not doing anything about it said they would not be replaced it it's a mavic3 I have drop off receipt and pictures of it and factory box dji still refuse to replace

Hi John, I am sorry to hear about the case. Could you please tell me your case number? I will check the details about it and try to help.
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules