Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Exchanging My mavic updates?
2250 28 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

i recently sent off my fly more combo back to DJi for an exchange.
i was asked to send the entire fly more combo back and a brand new fly more combo is suppose to be sent out in exchange.

since this is my first time dealinmg with Dji and returns i am curious how long does it normally take for them to update their online data showing where my exchange is at?

the UPS site shows it was recieved monday but if i type in my case number on dji's site it shows not arrived yet.

i was told as soon as it arrived in carson a brand new set up would be sent out from dji china.
i am assuming since they asked for my entire fly more package the odds of me getting a refurbished set up back is small. if i do get a refurb then i might just get a refund instead and wait and buy one from best buy.

anyway i was told 7-10 days before i should have one in my hands again from the day they get mine back in hand.
just curious how punctual they are about the updates to the website showing my status? or should i call and ask them or try the chat?
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SeanOzz, there might be backlog cause the delay.
It might takes about 3-5 business days to receive and update the case.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to add a note to your case.
2017-3-7
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-7 18:35
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to add a note to your case.

thank you for the quick response.
CAS-432733-C3B9Q7
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-7 21:02
CAS-432733-C3B9Q7

Thanks, we're looking into it now. The system registration of incoming drones take a while
2017-3-7
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-7 23:35
Thanks, we're looking into it now. The system registration of incoming drones take a while

i appreciate it. i ask cuz i have an upcoming trip so i am hoping the new one is sent out asap as i was told it would be so i get it here before the trip hopefully.  Thanks
2017-3-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-7 23:35

i am now showing product received.
at this point they just have to verify i sent it all back and then a new one is sent from china correct?
if that is the case i would imagine the new one would be shipping tomorrow?
2017-3-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-7 21:02
CAS-432733-C3B9Q7

can you please send off my new fly more combo today at the latest. (friday)

you guys received the old one on monday.
it should not take an entire work week just to open a box and verify i sent in all the products back to you to send out a replacement.

i am slowly starting to understand the complaints i always have heard about dji support.
So far i have spoken positively to my audience about this exchange experience.
My subscribers are patiently waiting on me to do an update video about my experience and time it took for the exchange (to see if i get a brand new product or if i am slipped someone else used gear) as well as if the new quad works as intended.

please get in touch with whoever and have them send it out asap.
if you send it the same shipping as the original new unit than i should get in in hand by Wednesday (just in time before heading out of town for our kids spring break).

Thanks
2017-3-10
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hello mindy. i guess i will try and get in touch with someone on this through chat?

i was assuming since two of you answered my original question promptly i might continue to get  to the bottom of this through here.

friday has come and gone (in the states) and i see no shipment yet.
Thanks
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-8 20:51
i am now showing product received.
at this point they just have to verify i sent it all back and then a new one is sent from china correct?
if that is the case i would imagine the new one would be shipping tomorrow?

Like Mindy mentioned, the process can take 3-5 business days from check in. This is a first come, first serve facility, so it can take more than just a day depending on how many there are in front of you. Given the time that it was checked in, you should see further progress early next week.
2017-3-10
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 18:06
Like Mindy mentioned, the process can take 3-5 business days from check in. This is a first come, first serve facility, so it can take more than just a day depending on how many there are in front of you. Given the time that it was checked in, you should see further progress early next week.

thank you for the update.
2017-3-11
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-11 12:15
thank you for the update.

CAN i get a tracking number? so i can make sure to be home for delivery ?
2017-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 18:06

2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-13 09:31

The exchange was recently approved, so a tracking number will be made available shortly.
2017-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-13 11:04
The exchange was recently approved, so a tracking number will be made available shortly.

thanks, i got an updated email about it.  
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-13 16:37
thanks, i got an updated email about it.

Good to hear!
2017-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

***UPDATE***

I recieved my original Mavic Jan 20th. on Jan 21st i contacted DJI about the glitch in my gimbal and Seriously wonky Horizon issues. it took until Feb 7th to get a return label.
I was told at that time i would send it back to California (the entire fly more bundle for some reason). when that arrived i would then receive a brand new FLY MORE COMBO direct from CHINA.

Since i was out of town Dji told me to just send it in when i returned. March 2nd i packed and sent it in.
I received a frankenstein replacement unit without the fly more parts on March 16th.

after an hour on hold with Dji phone support trying to locate the rest of my fly more bundle i was told their computers were down. so i then spent a couple hours online in chat with someone.

they also could not give me any info on where my stuff was.
Also by this time i had some time to look more into the unit i was sent.
it has some issues that lead me to believe it is not a new unit as promised but a refurbished just put together as extra parts and sent out. (which is not ok, if i wanted to buy refurbished then i would at a discounted price or not at all.)  The right stick on the controller makes a popping sound that sounds as if the spring inside will have a short life span. The battery is a much darker shade of grey than the rest of the mavic. and to top it all off it has a similar gimbal horizon issue that the original did. Not to mention the controller had version .200 formware and the mavic was loaded with .300.  an easy upgrade on the assistant app but my mavic that came on Jan 20th was loaded with .300 from factory prior to it even being released. i have a hard time believing a new unit is being sent out over a month later with older mismatched firmware.

What seems like it should have been an easy exchange has turned into a headache to say the least.
at this point since i originally contacted Dji one day after receiving my fly more bundle it seems the easiest route would be to get a full refund of the fly more bundle and my dji care / refresh and i can just order  a new set up at my local dealer. UNLESS, i can get this sent in ASAP and DJI can confirm an ENTIRE fly more combo be sent as i was originally told would be from china with updated care refresh. i have little faith at this point in the latter situation being handled correctly at this point.

i appreciate a quick solution to this issue.
as i am sure my money sent was complete and in proper working order i too would like a complete and proper working fly more bundle.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=H3nGmDX3Kew

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=H3nGmDX3Kew

2017-3-18
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108071 ft
United States

Wow, that sucks man. I can't believe they sent you a referb without the rest of the fly more stuff. Thats BS....as you said, you paid full price for a new unit, and got a new malfuntioning unit. That does not mean it is okay to get a referb. You need to go to your bank and dispute the transaction. That will give you more leverage when you return the referb. At this point, I would get my money back. If you still want a Mavic, which is understandable, I love mine, then make a new DJI account, and purchase another one. Or just buy one from another supplier. Hang in there, you definatly have a right to complain, and you deserve prompt service. DJI should give you a discount, or something free for your trouble. That is how business should be done, but it wont happen. Sometimes things happen due to various reasons, but the customer should not be the one to suffer. Good luck!
2017-3-18
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

check4twenty Posted at 2017-3-18 10:32
Wow, that sucks man. I can't believe they sent you a referb without the rest of the fly more stuff. Thats BS....as you said, you paid full price for a new unit, and got a new malfuntioning unit. That does not mean it is okay to get a referb. You need to go to your bank and dispute the transaction. That will give you more leverage when you return the referb. At this point, I would get my money back. If you still want a Mavic, which is understandable, I love mine, then make a new DJI account, and purchase another one. Or just buy one from another supplier. Hang in there, you definatly have a right to complain, and you deserve prompt service. DJI should give you a discount, or something free for your trouble. That is how business should be done, but it wont happen. Sometimes things happen due to various reasons, but the customer should not be the one to suffer. Good luck!

Thanks for your response.

i agree. as a business owner myself i do what i can to make my customer happy within reason.
Sometimes things happen that are out of my control but i do not ever put that on my customers.
sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet to do what's right for the customer.
better to have them coming back for years to come then make just a quick buck off them and leave a bad taste in their mouth.

Yeah, what sucks is originally i thought the whole process was going smooth.
as soon as i was told one thing and something else was happening i had a feeling things were not going to go as smooth as i was originally lead to believe.

2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-18 09:29
***UPDATE***

I recieved my original Mavic Jan 20th. on Jan 21st i contacted DJI about the glitch in my gimbal and Seriously wonky Horizon issues. it took until Feb 7th to get a return label.

Wow that SUXs --- I think DJI has some sort of inter company conflicts going on !!!
It sure has the signs of it
Bad costumer service
Poor app programing
Poor customer communications
O my God they sound like my ex
Best of luck with what ever you chose to do  
2017-3-18
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-18 11:23
Wow that SUXs --- I think DJI has some sort of inter company conflicts going on !!!
It sure has the signs of it
Bad costumer service

what sucks is i was told by DJI support i would hear back in 24 hours with a resolution to this and it's now pushing 72 hours with no end in site.
2017-3-19
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

update on my exchange...
still no word from Dji.  within 24 hours is now going to be a min of 84 hours.

2017-3-19
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653524 ft
Canada

Hi Mindy sry but they have now had it over a week can you please let me know what's going on or call me about it

Thank you
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-19 19:22
update on my exchange...
still no word from Dji.  within 24 hours is now going to be a min of 84 hours.

Since you didn't click "reply" button, we don't know you are responding to us.
I have brought this to the attention of our management and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-20 07:57
Hi Mindy sry but they have now had it over a week can you please let me know what's going on or call me about it

Thank you

Hello Steve, I have checked your case. Your package was delivered on Mar.15.
And we have updated the case today.
Since there are backlogs for the Mavic Pro, there will be little delay for the case.
Please wait patiently. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-3-21
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 01:53
Hello Steve, I have checked your case. Your package was delivered on Mar.15.
And we have updated the case today.
Since there are backlogs for the Mavic Pro, there will be little delay for the case.

Hi Mandy I'm not and I don't want to get mad at you but what's the point of DJI refresh saying that your put head to the front if everybody bought it and then I'm still behind can you please let me know what to do next I don't want to be missing Mavic here for more like of 1 to 3 months like I hear other people

2017-3-21
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-21 07:22
Hi Mandy I'm not and I don't want to get mad at you but what's the point of DJI refresh saying that your put head to the front if everybody bought it and then I'm still behind can you please let me know what to do next I don't want to be missing Mavic here for more like of 1 to 3 months like I hear other people

Mindy I hate auto correct
2017-3-21
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 01:48
Since you didn't click "reply" button, we don't know you are responding to us.
I have brought this to the attention of our management and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi mindy, i recieved the comment on my video today and back from djisupport on twitter. i had hoped to send them all the info with all the details on my case this morning but work has not let up. i am gathering all the info and will get it all to you tonight or tomorrow  ( i have a light work load tomorrow).

i appreciate whoever needs to looking further into this and getting a final resolution sooner than later.
i fully understand the mavic has sold at a higher rate than expected and there are some growing pains to come along with that. i also fully expect you guys will make everything 110% right by me and hopefully all customers since i am sending you new ones all the time.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-21 08:50
Hi mindy, i recieved the comment on my video today and back from djisupport on twitter. i had hoped to send them all the info with all the details on my case this morning but work has not let up. i am gathering all the info and will get it all to you tonight or tomorrow  ( i have a light work load tomorrow).

i appreciate whoever needs to looking further into this and getting a final resolution sooner than later.

I have confirmed with our support team and we have sent you the remaining parts on Mar. 18.
The tracking number is 1ZE80E403546718622.
Please let me know if you have received that.
As for the battery, you can check the charge cycle times from DJI GO app. There's no need to worry about the color.
And please try to do the controller calibration then test it. If there's nothing wrong with the function, I'd suggest you to enjoy your flight first.
Since there are some backlogs for the Mavic. I'm not sure when you can receive the replacement.
So I'd suggest you to send it in when you don't plan to use it for a while.
And could you please provide me with your aircraft and RC SN?
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-3-21 07:22

I can comprehend your feelings.
I have brought this to the attention of our management and we will escalate the case for you.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules