Why does my DJI Go APP show me as being in China?
1875 22 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I am not in China but the DJI Go app insists all my flights have been in China.

WTF?
2017-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Owned? Haha
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

It's looks like the Chinese want to become part of my country.
It's a conspiracy.  Next thing they will be claiming that Korea and Japan are part of China as well.
2017-3-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Now most know that its an unresolved item ... PRC and Taiwan independence .....

I actually forgot you live in Taiwan and passed over the post ...

Are you saying that maps and so on even though over CORRECT terrain are NAMED as Chinese ?

Nigel
2017-3-9
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Its TRUMP
2017-3-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I thought your government did consider you to be in the "'Republic of China" and the United Nations also considers you to be in China?  Map makers should use official names, not choose the names they personally like.
2017-3-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Seems reasonable to blame Trump, he seems to have abandoned his plan to bring the USA armed forces back home and is now keeping them in Japan and Taiwan so that the issues will never get sorted!
2017-3-9
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-9 05:12
Seems reasonable to blame Trump, he seems to have abandoned his plan to bring the USA armed forces back home and is now keeping them in Japan and Taiwan so that the issues will never get sorted!

There are no US forces in Taiwan. Where are you getting your info?
2017-3-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-3-9 05:20

Having worked with US and other countries armed forces sorting fuel supplies ... I would not be so quick to claim not there.

USA and UK especially have various 'quiet' agreements supplying 'advisors' to various Govts around the world that they do not want you to know about ...

Nigel
2017-3-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-3-9 05:20

If Trump wants his troops in your land then you have no choice!

"Legal and security experts say neither U.S. nor international law prevents President Trump from stationing U.S. troops and military assets in Taiwan."

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news ... aiwan/#.WMFePMJFDX4
2017-3-9
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Lads I only said Trump as he on the fun target list blaming everything on him
2017-3-9
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

solentlife Posted at 2017-3-9 05:52
Having worked with US and other countries armed forces sorting fuel supplies ... I would not be so quick to claim not there.

USA and UK especially have various 'quiet' agreements supplying 'advisors' to various Govts around the world that they do not want you to know about ...

Sure, there may very well be advisers, especially for armaments etc. But the point was US Forces, as in troops and bases in numbers as in Okinawa and Guam. There are no bases or troops in any significant number.
2017-3-9
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-9 05:57
If Trump wants his troops in your land then you have no choice!

"Legal and security experts say neither U.S. nor international law prevents President Trump from stationing U.S. troops and military assets in Taiwan."

The fact that you want to turn this thread into some personal crusade against a US president says we're basically done with attempts at rational discussion.

Point is there aren't US forces in Taiwan. You said "keeping," as in continuing a status quo position. There are no US bases or forces here and no plans afoot to change that.
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

For the first time in decades the American Institute in Taiwan will have US Marines stationed here from this year. It is one of the only US missions around the world not manned by US Marines.

For Nigel, the UN does not recognize that Taiwan is part of China. The UN has no mandate to recognize that. Neither do most countries. They do recognize that China makes claims about Taiwan. These claims are not recognized nor supported by the international community. However back to the topic, yes my Go App shows my place as being in China, which, it isn't.
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-3-9 06:08
Sure, there may very well be advisers, especially for armaments etc. But the point was US Forces, as in troops and bases in numbers as in Okinawa and Guam. There are no bases or troops in any significant number.

Of course there are people from the US companies that make military equipment who work in Taiwan.
May surprise some to know that Taiwan also makes equipment that they sell to NASA and that the US military wants to buy Taiwan's own developed ship killing missiles.
2017-3-9
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Taiwan is not China! Never has been.
2017-3-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-9 06:45
For the first time in decades the American Institute in Taiwan will have US Marines stationed here from this year. It is one of the only US missions around the world not manned by US Marines.

For Nigel, the UN does not recognize that Taiwan is part of China. The UN has no mandate to recognize that. Neither do most countries. They do recognize that China makes claims about Taiwan. These claims are not recognized nor supported by the international community. However back to the topic, yes my Go App shows my place as being in China, which, it isn't.

Hey BC ...

I never said TW was part of PRC ... nor did I say UN recognised it as such ... unless you are meaning another Nigel ?

To another who seems to be 'upset' about this ... please believe me the word Advisor is to be taken with a big pinch of salt !! Look about Vietnam and Cambodia if you want a good example !! They were never there !! Of course such presence should not escalate in TW !!

Wherever arms and training are needed - you can g'tee USA and UK are there somewhere !!

Nigel
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

The USA did station troops in Taiwan previously during the Vietnam war Taiwan was an R&R point and also used for missions.
Perhaps this is why some people still think that US forces are in Taiwan.  They aren't.  Taiwan has also never been part of China.
In fact the Dutch Portuguese Spanish tried getting a foothold.  China had partial rule of part of the island for several years.

Japan had the longest rule from 1895 to 1945.  However Japan only ceded legal control of Taiwan in 1952.

Anyways I can use the healthy drones app which shows me as being in TAIWAN as does Phantomhelp using Google Maps.
No unwanted CHINA flag on there.
2017-3-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-9 07:43
The USA did station troops in Taiwan previously during the Vietnam war Taiwan was an R&R point and also used for missions.
Perhaps this is why some people still think that US forces are in Taiwan.  They aren't.  Taiwan has also never been part of China.
In fact the Dutch Portuguese Spanish tried getting a foothold.  China had partial rule of part of the island for several years.

"Japan had the longest rule from 1895 to 1945.  However Japan only ceded legal control of Taiwan in 1952."

Didn't Japan acquire it from China who had control for centuries before that?

Anyway, using the wrong flag is definitely unacceptable {:4_177:}
2017-3-9
Use props
Sloan Fischer
lvl.3
United States

Recalibrate it!
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-9 10:08
"Japan had the longest rule from 1895 to 1945.  However Japan only ceded legal control of Taiwan in 1952."

Didn't Japan acquire it from China who had control for centuries before that?

China did not rule Taiwan for centuries. Where did you get that idea from?
Fact is that Chinese were at one stage forbidden from going to Taiwan as it was "outside" of China.
The Chinese fought a war to remove Dutch colonists. You also had the Portuguese and Spanish here as well. The Qing Dynasty had part rule (of the west coast of Taiwan) from 1683–1895 but never controlled all of Taiwan.  They were seen as invaders and the Taiwanese inhabitants fought the Qing.   When China legally signed it's rule of Taiwan to the Japanese it was never returned to China.  As China were an invading force they also had no right to have Taiwan returned to it after WW2. That's why both PRC China & ROC was not invited to the 1952 Treaty_of_San_Francisco between Japan and the Allies.
2017-3-9
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Wow._.Reading most of this i swear I'm watching CNN. Let's try to help the OP with their problem. Does it have anything to do with the "China" setting in the settings in the app?
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The labelling of location is merely a technicality and in no way affects user experience.
This is a forum about DJI products and drones, and political debates are not welcome here.  
This thread is locked.
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules