Assistant 2 Flight Data Viewer - HOW??
20310 17 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1104905 ft
Germany

So it's possible to download DAT files with the Assistant, also I can open the Flight Data Viewer (viewer.exe) and I can open a DAT file in the Viewer (it looks as ig the data is loaded - there is a progress bar) - but then NOTHING happens. Please, DJI can you explain how this part of the Assistant 2 Software works?

djifdv.png

viewer.png

2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi noka, please double click the option in the Fly data.
fly data.png
Then you can see the fly data graph.
2017-3-9
Use props
noka
lvl.3
Germany

HI Mindy, I did exactly that (and tried many other clicks as well), but nothing gets displayed. I must be missing something essential...
2017-3-9
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Interested as mine does the same,  yes tried double / single clicks,  but still no data showing on the graphs ?
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

noka Posted at 2017-3-9 01:19
HI Mindy, I did exactly that (and tried many other clicks as well), but nothing gets displayed. I must be missing something essential...

Have you tried to import the flight data again?
2017-3-9
Use props
noka
lvl.3
Germany

Yes - tried different DAT files multiple times - no result.
2017-3-9
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

I think I may have stumbled on your answer.  What Mindy means to double click on, is the individual line. Such as, double click the "motor" line.   I did get graphs after I did that
2017-3-9
Use props
noka
lvl.3
Germany

Not here. I tried doubleclick as well. Which version are you on? I have the latest 1.10 was it I think... and the build of the Viewer is 1092.
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

noka Posted at 2017-3-9 09:26
Not here. I tried doubleclick as well. Which version are you on? I have the latest 1.10 was it I think... and the build of the Viewer is 1092.

Do you have another computer to test with?
2017-3-10
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Same problem here
2017-4-3
Use props
user747ec7fc5a
New
Flight distance : 2228 ft
Canada

I had exactly the same problem on my system (Windows 7 sp1 with Mozilla Firefox).  The problem is that the Viewer window opens with only the "viewer" panel, not the "fly data" or "subview" or other panels.  I tried everything I could think of to get these panels to appear after reading this thread.  I had pretty much given up when I found a little menu/panel icon (the 5 vertical dots) hiding in the upper left corner of the window, just under the main menu.  I could right-click on this to get a menu where these other panels could be toggled on an off (they were all off by default).  Having done that I was off to the races.  I'm not terribly impressed with the flight data viewer overall however.....  
2017-4-9
Use props
UoG geog dept.
lvl.1

Canada

Same thing is happening for me. Ive just installed the IOSD mark 2 and after having it on im trying to see if any flight records exist. Although it lists options in the fly data column, no graphs show up. It doesn't even show roll or pitch.... Has anyone had any luck yet with this?
Capture.JPG
2017-6-1
Use props
davelaican
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57070 ft
Canada

I am having the same issue.  Cannot see any details of flight data.  A very thorough tutorial on using this software would be nice.  
2017-6-29
Use props
TheTruth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1048783 ft
United States

alright guys. here is how you read the flight data with the data viewer. I am using DJI Assistant 1.1.2-2 First plug in the drone to the computer using the usb cable. Make sure you SD card is already in the drone. Next you will open up the DJI Assistant software. Go to the Flight Data tab, and select Open Data Viewer. Once in the data viewer click the Folder icon to open up a flight log. Next go to My Computer and look for a drive called DJI Fly Log (it will be associated with a drive letter). In this drive you should only see files like Fly123.dat. Select one of these files and to open. From there you will see all the different data from the flight you can view and that's it. Hope that helps.
2017-7-7
Use props
Irishbrewer74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119557 ft
United States

Ever a  solution to this? I have the same issues following all steps successfully... but nothing shows on the graphs
2018-1-27
Use props
GJD
New

I'm new to flying my mavic pro, BUT, from what I can see of the assistant software, it has to be the biggest load of rubbish I have ever had the misfortune of trying to use
2018-4-14
Use props
Bosq
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got the same problem, and the DJI Flight Info isn't showing in the browser to open the flight data, and even after copying it to the local desktop it doesn't show anything once opened. . . .
2018-5-12
Use props
fansfea36ea7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 794091 ft
United States

Hey Everyone,

I had the same problem and have since found the solution thanks to a combination of TheTruth's comment and this page:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-114810-1-1.html

First off, I was trying to open the wrong .DAT file. I was trying to open one with a name like this:
EXPORT_FILE_2019-08-13_20-48-01.DAT
instead of a name like this:
FLY104.DAT

If that's where you went wrong, then you need to find the correct file under My Computer (if using a PC). See attached picture. Then you pull the proper .DAT file from that folder and view it in the Viewer.
my computer fly log.JPG
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules