Switching to iPad - Simple question about Lightning cable
835 4 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silvestrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464531 ft
Italy

Hi Everybody.I am not a fan of either Android or Apple. It really doesn't matter to me.
BTW, after having experienced a serie of crashes on my Nexus 7 (II), and after having read many reports about DJI Go App crashing on various Android devices, I came to the conclusion that this app is not mature for use on Android devices. I don't think is a problem of Android devices, but maybe DJI worked more hard on apple devices rather tnan Android OS.
Last time, even the DJI Go App 4 crashed on my solid rock Sony Xperia Z2 (it is the first time that this phone crashed. It never did with any app. It was solid rock even with the oldest versions of DJI Go App). I said to my self : that's enough !
I am switching now to a iPad 4 mini. I am totally new to iPads, and I am rather confused about the fact that it doesn't have a micro usb connector, but this thing called "Lightning". I know that there are converters Lightning->USB (pretty expensive), but I wish to make the following question to iPad users :
- how do you connect your iPad to the RC ? Do I need that adaptor from Apple ?.

2017-3-9
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If you buy a new iPad, there will be a lightning cable in the box for charging. Remove the socket adapter and plug usb into controller and the other end to the iPad.

edit: I run GO4 on the iPad Mini 2, not even a glitch in frame !
2017-3-9
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Lightning is the name Apple gives to the actual connector that plugs into all  current IOS devices. It replaced the 32 pin connector quite some years ago.
2017-3-9
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Lightning cable has USB on one end and apple only plug on other.
2017-3-9
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

the P4 series aircraft comes with the cord needed for  apple devices
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules