2211 5 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomSJA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15587 ft
Australia

Hi all
Just got my Phantom 4 Pro Plus and completed my first test flight. I am wondering if a second device/controller can be linked to the drone so that I can have a co pilot who looks after the role of taking photos and recording video while I concentrate on flying???
Thanks

2017-3-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I'm 99% sure that's not possible, and I'd question the amount of gain given that the camera is not 360 degree rotation (like the Yuneec Typhoon H), so you'd generally set-up shots using flight action anyway. Video, for example, you'd just turn on at the start of the flight and not turn off unless you want to change to different settings in flight. Any errors, set up movements, etc can be edited out.

Otherwise, you can also try out some of the advanced flight modes, such as Tapfly Free, where the craft does it's thing based on your set course, allowing you to turn along the path to take photos as you desire.
2017-3-9
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Two remotes can be used for an Inspire drone, but not that Phantom. As Punchbuggy stated, there isn't much need for separate control of the camera, because you can only move the camera vertically...not 360 degrees.
If you were to instead go for the Inspire drone series to utilize 2 remotes/operators, it will cost you quite a bit more than the Phantom series drones.
2017-3-10
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

When you have a few hours of flying under your belt it will seem second nature, Keep flying and it will all come together!
2017-3-13
Use props
PhantomSJA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15587 ft
Australia

Thank you all for your advice and yes the more I fly and the better I get the more I am feeling confident and can see that I will not need a co pilot.
2017-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's not possible with P4Pro, I don't know why it would be a great add on , you can use with Mavic pro and inspire, so maybe some day.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules