So, how do I activate a phantom 4 plus without wifi?
2465 12 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hrf
New

United States

Can you send me a firmware upgrade by mail so I don't have to activate?
No one told me we had to have wifi to fly this. We live far from internet we to library for email and for things like this. They frown on drones in libraries.
thanks for any help.
2017-3-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If your library has WiFi inside, it should also be accessible outside the building as long as you are close to it. But you will need WiFi to register your aircraft, after than you do not need it.
2017-3-9
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-9 20:13
If your library has WiFi inside, it should also be accessible outside the building as long as you are close to it. But you will need WiFi to register your aircraft, after than you do not need it.

I agree with Geebax but I think you might want to spend a lot of time in your library if only to watch tutorials, learn about dangers and risks of flying a drone.
To be honest I'm not sure I would even dare to fly my P4P without Internet available at first hand to look up questions and solutions for problems on top of, of course, downloading all the necessary updates...
2017-3-11
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Also, without Wifi, you will not have any maps available to you. If you go to the library, or where ever to activate, make sure you set your maps to cache in the background, and scroll to where you think you will be flying, so you will have maps for your area.
2017-3-11
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

if you got on this forum, then you shouldn't have a problem registering your drone !
2017-3-11
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-3-11 17:03
if you got on this forum, then you shouldn't have a problem registering your drone !

Sometimes the best answer is also the most obvious one
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Firmware upgrades will not activate the aircraft for you. The latter will still need to be done while being connected to the internet in some form or another. Just to clarify, did you get on the Forum from said library or elsewhere?
2017-3-12
Use props
fansbd1f1402
New

Australia

Can anyone help me I've just purchased a DJi Phantom 4 pro Plus but cannot activate it because it won't pick up my Wi-Fi signal is it my router or is it something else
2017-12-23
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

fansbd1f1402 Posted at 2017-12-23 16:33
Can anyone help me I've just purchased a DJi Phantom 4 pro Plus but cannot activate it because it won't pick up my Wi-Fi signal is it my router or is it something else

Set your router to 2.4GHz
2017-12-23
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Fans your drone doesnt actually connect to the wifi its your device that connects to the net use it to do any upgrades and registration if not you can connect drone to a computer using dji assistant
2017-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You only need the device like an iPad, to do your drone registration process with DJI.

No need to bring the drone to the public library. ;-)
Unless you are making a documentary about the building itself... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-23 20:15
You only need the device like an iPad, to do your drone registration process with DJI.

No need to bring the drone to the public library. ;-)

The library guy was back in March.
He's probably sorted things out by now.
2017-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-23 20:46
The library guy was back in March.
He's probably sorted things out by now.

Ah gee, caught with my pants down. Haha

I have said it before, and I'll reiterate, check post dates before replying...

As he never wrote back, it leaves us in a limbo... Hopefully he did get it sorted.

Thanks for the heads up. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules