475 3 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if i really need full GPS for the mavic? Or is it ok to just cash the maps out before hand? Just wanna fly as safe as possible and find my drone asap if it dose fly away. Thanks
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You do not need to have a GPS enabled device, below is the list of recommended devices.
You can cache your flying area from home of the map area you want to fly at.
The only thing you will not be able to do is Follow Me, but you can use Active Track if you really want to follow yourself.
Also, you cannot reset the home point to your location, but if you are travelling in a car or boat you can just reset the home point to the aircraft and you'll be fine.
And if you've read the manual and  watched tutorial videos I wouldn't worry about losing it unless there's a crash during your flight.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-3-10
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Hi thanks. You mean I can reset the home point to the controller? I am worried about losing it during flight, I've heard of fly aways. I have not bought it yet. Can I find it from the flight logs? If it gose missing?
2017-3-10
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

fans7744acd0 Posted at 2017-3-10 14:14
Hi thanks. You mean I can reset the home point to the controller? I am worried about losing it during flight, I've heard of fly aways. I have not bought it yet. Can I find it from the flight logs? If it gose missing?

The aircraft has GPS so you can set the Home Point to its location without needing GPS on your device. This is the usual behavior at takeoff, for example. The controller itself doesn't have GPS. If you want to change the Home Point to your location during flight, you'll need a device with GPS or one to which you can link a GPS unit.

Remember, you don't actually need anything other than the controller to fly the drone.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules