Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Centre of Gravity for M600
4716 10 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi all M600 owners,

I have been asked to help find the COG, centre of Gravity for a M600 pro but I am trying to get the drawing for that; however, in the meantime I have calculated the M600 COG for anybody who needs it. It will be +- a few mm because the weight will be different depending on your crafts addons. All measurements for the craft are taken from the bottom plate as shown by the small white marker, it is the drawing start origin and not the centroid of mass. You might notice the X, axis has a 2.9 mm offset, this is due to the compass placement I guess.
One proviso must be taken into account is the weight of the electronics and batteries, this is for a standard battery and single IMU and no gimbal, plus it needs the drawing supplied by DJI to be correct to extrapolate the figures, always a get-out clause!
Hope that helps anybody who needs this type of spec and could not find it.
DJI have a figure of 26mm in the Y, axis acording to the setup of the internal IMU, I dont know if this is the COG or Centroid of Mass, they are diferent beasts and so I suspect its C/Mass because they dont know what camera is fitted and C/Mass is not calculated using the weight of the craft, just geometric locations.
If you think there is an error please feel free to point it out, always happy to learn.
X,=2.9   mm, red
Y,=-52.3 mm, green
Z,=1.4   mm,  blue
ricci
COG.jpg
2017-3-11
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for this @Ricci
2017-3-13
Use props
fans5659ff45
New
Flight distance : 189593 ft

Belgium

Hi Ricci, I need to do the same for my DJI Inspire 1 so I can add it to my Operational Manual. But as I'm not a science boy, I don't know where to begin... Can you help me?
2017-12-18
Use props
fans5659ff45
New
Flight distance : 189593 ft

Belgium

Hi Ricci,
I need to do the same for my DJI Inspire 1 so I can add it to my Operational Manual.
But as I'm not a science boy, I don't know where to begin...

Can you help me?

Kind regards, Matthias
2017-12-18
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5659ff45 Posted at 2017-12-18 05:19
Hi Ricci,
I need to do the same for my DJI Inspire 1 so I can add it to my Operational Manual.

Hi,
I can help but you need to see if there is a cad drawing on the download section of the inspire page.
if it has dimensions it can be calculated.
let me know what you find.

all the best

ricci
2017-12-19
Use props
cagiva851
New

United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-12-19 17:01
Hi,
I can help but you need to see if there is a cad drawing on the download section of the inspire page.
if it has dimensions it can be calculated.

Hi ricci,

Which application are you using the shows that iProperties dialog with the Mass, Area, and Volume input data?
2018-9-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

cagiva851 Posted at 2018-9-17 13:11
Hi ricci,

Which application are you using the shows that iProperties dialog with the Mass, Area, and Volume input data?

hello,
I use Autodesk inverter 2018, you can also use finite analysis programs to from Autodesk and Catica.
hope that helps
2018-9-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

fans5659ff45 Posted at 2017-12-18 05:19
Hi Ricci,

sorry for not getting back to you sooner, you first need a precise cad drawing, dji had one for the matrice 600 on the spec page, then you need a software package like auto cad inventor or maybe fusion and this has a built in calculation package.
there are ways to calculate your cog by measuring and weighting  too

is that any good

ricci
2018-9-17
Use props
AlphaBravo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7356 ft
United States

would you mind sharing your inventor file? This would be very handy!
2019-5-9
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

AlphaBravo Posted at 5-9 11:42
would you mind sharing your inventor file? This would be very handy!

hi
If I can find it I will. please bear with me

ricci
2019-5-10
Use props
tpsetati
lvl.1

South Africa

Thank you for this! Could you give the distances from the white marker to a physical point on the UAV so we can have a rough idea of where the COG lies in space relative to the UAV?
2022-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules