WOW! Spectacular 4K video of the Maldives.
2117 18 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Thailand

Ok ladies and gentlemen, below is a gorgeous 4K video shot entirely with the Inspire 1. The Maldives is one of those locations that makes you realise how beautiful our planet is. There is no other destination on earth with the same crystal clear waters and absolute perfect white sand beaches. It's a very unique region that is bound to be wiped out from the face of the planet in the coming century.

Let me know what you think. Cheers

If you want the 4K version, you can see it on the YouTube link below.

2015-2-24
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Very nice vid, watched this on skypixel last night. I love that place.

Got a few questions if I may as Id like to take mine there in the future;

Did you have any issues with plane travel (take all in cabin or put in the hold) and did you need to ask permission from anyone?

Obvious issues with the sea planes dependant on the island you go to.

Which Islands are they?

I need to pick up a go pro to film my flying and add in some dive vids I think.
2015-2-24
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is a beautiful place.
2015-2-24
Use props
nolan222
lvl.2

United States

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing!!
2015-2-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Awesome piece, well done!
2015-2-24
Use props
kilowong.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20741 ft
Hong Kong

i miss maldives! awesome video!
2015-2-26
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

What a VIDEO my friend!!! I really love it... Make me wish be there .!!!
2015-2-26
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

What setting do you record when using your I1? It looks great! Did you do any color correction to the video? Please share with us if you usually travel with original inspire case as a carry on or you bought a case and you check in the case? We look forward to hear from you!
2015-2-26
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

What setting do you record when using your I1? It looks great! Did you do any color correction to the video? Please share with us if you usually travel with original inspire case as a carry on or you bought a case and you check in the case? We look forward to hear from you!
2015-2-26
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Thailand

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-2-24 19:03

Got a few questions if I may ...

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your feedback. Allow me to answer your questions.

- I used the original DJI case for travel purposes. I was able to bring in carry-on on all flights, but did need to fight my way through on a few flights as the airline staff was sure the case would not fit in the overhead bin. It did fit, but anything bigger would not.

On Cathay Pacific, I got a special tag for my luggage. No issues.
On Bangkok airways, I had issues at check-in, but was able to bring it on board anyhow.

In the long run, I will purchase a more hardcore travel case as this one is really more of a nice decoration. What I find the most annoying is the time required to setup and dismantle the Inspire each time you want to use it.

No restrictions in the Maldives but naturally you have to be careful for the multiple seaplanes flying around. The region I was in was accessible through boat ride so the number of planes flying around was extremely limited.

In the end' i'm happy of the output. Cheers.
2015-2-27
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

Great video.  Two controllers or one? Did you land on any boats?  Or catch Inspire in air?
2015-2-27
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Thailand

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-2-24 19:03

Got a few questions if I may ...

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your feedback. Allow me to answer your questions.

- I used the original DJI case for travel purposes. I was able to bring in carry-on on all flights, but did need to fight my way through on a few flights as the airline staff was sure the case would not fit in the overhead bin. It did fit, but anything bigger would not.

On Cathay Pacific, I got a special tag for my luggage. No issues.
On Bangkok airways, I had issues at check-in, but was able to bring it on board anyhow.

In the long run, I will purchase a more hardcore travel case as this one is really more of a nice decoration. What I find the most annoying is the time required to setup and dismantle the Inspire each time you want to use it.

No restrictions in the Maldives but naturally you have to be careful for the multiple seaplanes flying around. The region I was in was accessible through boat ride so the number of planes flying around was extremely limited.

In the end' i'm happy of the output. Cheers.
2015-2-27
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Thailand

jonathanp Posted at 2015-2-27 23:36
Great video.  Two controllers or one? Did you land on any boats?  Or catch Inspire in air?

Thanks for the feedback. All with 1 controller. No landing on boat and no hand catching. Everything assembled/disassembled in multiple locations, including a sand bank in the middle of nowhere that was accessed by boat. The inspire was super stable, even in 50+ km/h winds. Very impressed.
2015-2-27
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Now, I need to book my ticket and go sit on that beach with a cocktail..
2015-2-27
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Hong Kong

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-28 05:51
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Now, I need to book my ticket and go sit on that beach with a co ...

Thanks for the feedback.  A cocktail on a beach in the Maldives should be on everyone's bucket list.
2015-3-2
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

pump the brakes...that was fantastic footage!!
2015-3-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job guy, makes one want to relax and enjoy being alive.
2015-3-2
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-3 10:30
pump the brakes...that was fantastic footage!!

Thanks for the feedback. I got more than 3 hours of footage on this trip and took it down to 2 minutes. Glad you enjoyed the video. Feel free to share it Cheers.
2015-3-5
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Hong Kong

rodger Posted at 2015-3-3 10:33
Nice job guy, makes one want to relax and enjoy being alive.

Absolutely. The Maldives is one of those places that makes you realise how lucky we are to live on such a beautiful planet, and how we are slowly tearing it apart.  If you are looking for absolute R&R, there are only few places on the planet that can give you that. Maldives is one of those. I'm happy you enjoyed to video. Please feel free to share with others. Cheers
2015-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules