2660 12 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Hi,

I'm upgrading the firmware to the latest version.  I have not done a test flight yet but so far so good (fingers crossed).  That said, in this instructional video it states that if you have more than one set of batteries to perform the upgrade for each set of batteries:

However, after inserting the next set of batteries and when I power on my iPad and connect to the aircraft via the usb port, I don't see any updgrade required message as I did before.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

DC
2017-3-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Maybe the update is not for the battery, have you read the release notes for that particular update? Allways a good idea to read these first.

Mark G.
2017-3-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_2/20170306/Inspire+2+Release+Notes_EN.pdf
2017-3-11
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-11 09:40
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_2/20170306/Inspire+2+Release+Notes_EN.pdf

Thanks Mark.  But I read the notes line for line and sadly there is no mention of the issue at hand.

Can anyone from DJI Support comment, please?

Thank you,

DC
2017-3-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Swarm Posted at 2017-3-12 07:13
Thanks Mark.  But I read the notes line for line and sadly there is no mention of the issue at hand.

Can anyone from DJI Support comment, please?

Did the release notes say anything about batteries? If not, the batteries will not need updating and you're good to go.

Mark G.
2017-3-12
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-12 07:44
Did the release notes say anything about batteries? If not, the batteries will not need updating and you're good to go.

Mark G.

All four of my batteries needed updating after the I2 firmware update. The first set was as soon as I started it up. The second set took few minutes after startup to get the message. Not sure why the second set took longer to get the message though.
2017-3-12
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-3-12 08:14
All four of my batteries needed updating after the I2 firmware update. The first set was as soon as I started it up. The second set took few minutes after startup to get the message. Not sure why the second set took longer to get the message though.

I didn't get a message upon inserting the second set of batteries, hence there is nothing to click to download any firmware update.  This only happened when I updated the first time.
2017-3-12
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Now I'm even more confused...

I downloaded and read the most recent manual in relation to batteries, on page 31.  As you can see from the screenshot I've provided, you are supposed to download the latest firmware from the DJI site and "run it" with the charging hub connected.  However, there is no firmware update listed on the DJI Inspire 2 Downloads page.  Second, in my experience the firmware file is usually a .bin file and isn't a file you can just "run" from your own computer, Windows or Mac.

DJI Support, can you help please?

Thank you,

DC
battery update.png
2017-3-12
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swarm Posted at 2017-3-12 10:53
Now I'm even more confused...

I downloaded and read the most recent manual in relation to batteries, on page 31.  As you can see from the screenshot I've provided, you are supposed to download the latest firmware from the DJI site and "run it" with the charging hub connected.  However, there is no firmware update listed on the DJI Inspire 2 Downloads page.  Second, in my experience the firmware file is usually a .bin file and isn't a file you can just "run" from your own computer, Windows or Mac.

The procedure to which you refer is for the Battery Charger and this would be applicable in the event of new firmware for the Battery Charger. The recent upgrade however did not include the Battery Charger - only the aircraft, the controller and the GO4 App. - as shown:
Date:  2017.03.02
Aircraft Firmware: V01.0.0240
Remote Controller Firmware: V01.0.0110
DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.0.5, Android V 4.0.4

If, having completed the upgrade you were to introduce a new set of batteries, then the aircraft will register/upgrade the new batteries when they are first used..

Hope this helps.
Allan
2017-3-12
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

allanart Posted at 2017-3-12 11:44
The procedure to which you refer is for the Battery Charger and this would be applicable in the event of new firmware for the Battery Charger. The recent upgrade however did not include the Battery Charger - only the aircraft, the controller and the GO4 App. - as shown:
Date:  2017.03.02
Aircraft Firmware: V01.0.0240

Thank you, Allan.  That makes sense.  However, when I insert the next set of batteries and power on the aircraft, I don't get an upgrade required prompt.  That is the main issue I'm trying to understand.  Have you been through this process and if so, when you put in the next set of batteries and powered on, did you get a prompt?

Finally, where online is the firmware update file available for download?  I updated via the iPad/Go app.

Thanks,

DC
2017-3-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-3-12 08:14

Which F/W update was this?  I'm pretty sure the last one was not for the batteries.

Mark G.
2017-3-12
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The aircraft should auto-update any new sets of batteries that it finds that are out of date.

Best way to check manually that everything is ok is to do the following steps:

1)  shutdown everything, aircraft, RC,  Go4 app and tablet..
2) power on RC and connect up your tablet.
3) start Go4 app on your tablet. Make sure it stays at the picture screen with the Go Fly prompt at the bottom right.
4) put a set of batteries into I2, and power it up
5) as the I2 powers up, the Go4 app should find the aircraft and display a message in the top left corner telling you it's checking firmware.
6) if it tells you an update is needed, then slide the slider to confirm it can do the update.
7) once the update is done, power down and restart the I2, make sure Go4 stays at the first screen and checks the firmware is ok again.
8) when it says firmware is ok (the message basically disappears), then power down I2, remove the batteries, shutdown Go4
9) repeat steps 3-8 until you've gone though all your battery pairs.
10) go fly

DJI GO4 willl only prompt you to update the battery firmware if it is at the first screen, if it's showing the camera and flight view screen, it won't prompt you to update. I don't think it shows the additional Battery update prompt when you're using assistant 2, or are using the tablet directly connected to the I2 via the USB cable. As far as I'm aware, there is also no screen which shows the current firmware versions of each of the batteries, nor is there a discreetly downloadable version of the battery firmware - it's wrapped into the big aircraft firmware update.

Hope that helps your!
2017-3-12
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-3-12 14:45
The aircraft should auto-update any new sets of batteries that it finds that are out of date.

Best way to check manually that everything is ok is to do the following steps:

Thank you Electro-Nick, that makes a lot of sense.  I have eight batteries total but haven't attempted to put in the third or forth set of batteries yet.  I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks!
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules