HELP: Mavic Footage won't open on Computer
22902 14 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amullane
New

Australia

Hi there,

I just bought a new Mavic Pro a few days ago, I've been flying it every day since, it's amazing. I've been playing back the footage within the DJI app on my iPhone and it looks fantastic.
Then today I went to download the footage to my computer by connecting the drone to my Mac. The drone folder appears, and inside there is all the files, however - when I go to open the footage I get an error I am unable to open it in Quicktime Player and VLC - I can't even drop the files on my Desktop as another error message appears saying: Finder can't complete the operation because some data in the file cant be read or written.

This is so strange as I'm able to view all the footage fine within the app, I can see the file names on my computer but I cannot open them. And I never turned off the drone mid-recording.

PLEASE HELP!!

2017-3-11
Use props
amullane
New

Australia

Screenshots
2017-3-11
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

have you tried to put in the sd card directly in your mac? do the files have some gigabytes? because infaced the same issue yesterday when having the mavic on my mac via usb, but files had 0kb when putting sd card into mac-but in my case i assume it is because i deleted old files in creator view during flight-i assum only filename is adressed and because i formarted sd card before flight i probably deleted then the new ones....
2017-3-12
Use props
amullane
New

Australia

See screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/MPzDM

They all have gigabites data...
2017-3-12
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

amullane Posted at 2017-3-12 00:35
See screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/MPzDM

They all have gigabites data...

Well... it's a Mac, no surprise ;-) When handling anything connected to a Mac you need to take compatibility into account. In so many cases - there is none (like bluetooth headsets, 4G modems etc). Therefore I'd advise as follows:
- if you need to copy via USB make sure you have the latest DJI Assistant software installed,
- even if you do - I'd advise to copy directly from the SD card via card reader.

My significant other had a thing for Apple devices a while back and I had to endure it - hence my practical experience. Since then I've managed to persuade most of this out of the house and had not a problem since.
2017-3-12
Use props
fans9651128a
New
Flight distance : 217425 ft
United Kingdom

It's not a MAC specific problem, It just happens when you shut down the app on your phone before the card has properly finished writing the end of the file to the sd card... just turn on your Mavic Pro and wait for about 30-40 seconds for the Mavic to finish writing the file... it will then open properly on your computer. I had this a few times when I was in a rush and found this solution to work. Hope it helps.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... the message tells you that not the right software is installed to play the files... follow the advise in the pop-up!

I record in MP4-format, much easier to recover when the file ends unexpected and gives errors while playing!
2017-6-2
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

First, the footage on your app is the footage that's beamed back from the mavic during flight.  It's not the same file on the SD card, which is why it plays flawlessly on your phone.  That res is 720p.  
Secondly, if your mac isn't opening .mov files, which are designed to run on mac, and especially in quicktime, that sounds more like a codec issue.  I'd download the h264 codec and the mpeg codecs and install them separately then try to open them again via quicktime or even vlc.  Normally vlc has all the needed codec's but your computer may not have them.

You can also try opening imovie and drag/drop the video file into imovie and see if it plays there.  If it does, then you can export and it'll write the correct information to open.  I'd also check this link out for a little more detailed help.

https://www.idealshare.net/itune ... y-mov-solution.html
2017-6-2
Use props
Bigglesworth
lvl.1
Sweden

fans9651128a Posted at 2017-6-2 07:13
It's not a MAC specific problem, It just happens when you shut down the app on your phone before the card has properly finished writing the end of the file to the sd card... just turn on your Mavic Pro and wait for about 30-40 seconds for the Mavic to finish writing the file... it will then open properly on your computer. I had this a few times when I was in a rush and found this solution to work. Hope it helps.

Thanks!!!  This solved it. I just reinserted the SD card and waited "a while". Great!!!
2019-7-25
Use props
Toney Brown
lvl.1

United States

I have a mavic mini and can't open djifly
2021-4-3
Use props
Toney Brown
lvl.1

United States

I have a  mavic mini and  can't download the  djifly apt
2021-4-3
Use props
Toney Brown
lvl.1

United States

???????????????
2021-4-3
Use props
Toney Brown
lvl.1

United States

its not a mac!!!!!!!
2021-4-3
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Toney, You would be better off starting a new topic rather than posting in a year and a half old thread that has nothing to do with the subject you are asking about.
When you do post a new thread in the Mavic Mini section of the forum, include what type of phone you are attempting to use and where you are attempting to download the DJI Fly app from.
2021-4-3
Use props
cgaborit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510541 ft
Australia

fans9651128a Posted at 2017-6-2 07:13

This is the BEST advice ever - you are correct, I did what you said and I got my 3.4GB of drone footage of Byron Bay. Thank you for being so brilliant
2021-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules