514 1 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Although the general concept of P4P remote control with integrated monitor is very appealing to many of us (including yours truly), reports of breaking/freezing video feed are scattered all over this forum. Apparently the issue is related to either 4K video being recorded during flight, Android OS problems, RC system overheating or whatever. It seems that this particular Android device is not well suited to perform video monitoring task, since P4P with external monitors doesn't experience problems of such nature.
The questions are very simple:

1. Is this issue common to all P4P+ models or just a few bad apples were exposed?
2. If it's typical, is it fixed at this moment (3/12/2017) of P4P+ firmware evolution?
3. Is it fixable at all or a new, improved hardware will be needed?  

2017-3-12
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I had the problem with freezing video feed before the latest firmware update, I flew her yesterday without any problems Upto 1500 metres away, although I haven't tried the 4K yet but I will and post, yes there is several threads regarding this issue and it makes it all very confusing as to the cause of the problem as some have mentioned a software issue and others a hardware issue with the RC overheating, I think the built in screen is great as it's one less thing to worry about and have to charge separate devises, I just wish someone from DJI would nip this in the bud and clarify if it's a hardware or software issue!
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules