Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brandon Shores
570 3 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

Inhospitable winter weather has me bored & eager for an opportunity to fly so here is a flight near Brandon Shores Power Plant on a particularly cold & windy day.  Not too difficult to discern from the emissions that the plant is running at high capacity.  Breaker breaker one nine, watch @ 4:00 for a close call with the Rubber Duck.  The Mavic Gods were with me this day as I was watching the display & not the bird!

Musical Tracks:

"He Who Brings the Night" - Two Steps from Hell (Archangel)
"Dragon Rider" - Two Steps from Hell (Archangel)

2017-3-12
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Cool but you should have flown through the steam ,LOL. just kidding .

Is that a power Plant ? I had a friend that was taking pictures with a SLR and telephoto lens of one here and he was off the side of a public road and still got harassed by the security that came to where he was .
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-12 12:15
Cool but you should have flown through the steam ,LOL. just kidding .

Is that a power Plant ? I had a friend that was taking pictures with a SLR and telephoto lens of one here and he was off the side of a public road and still got harassed by the security that came to where he was .

I thought about it but wasn't sure what was in the emissions & didn't want to coat the drone with possible carcinogens or stuff that might affect the shell or electronics.  I have since learned that the exhaust is 99.9% water vapor.  Technically you are not supposed to fly directly over power plants.  They are on some sort of protected status sans 9-11.
2017-3-12
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Poop Chute Posted at 2017-3-12 12:28
I thought about it but wasn't sure what was in the emissions & didn't want to coat the drone with possible carcinogens or stuff that might affect the shell or electronics.  I have since learned that the exhaust is 99.9% water vapor.  Technically you are not supposed to fly directly over power plants.  They are on some sort of protected status sans 9-11.

Yeah that's what I was inferring to about a friend that security jumped all over and he was on the side of a public road using a standard telephoto camera . I guess they thought he was scouting it out or something , lol
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules