Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2017-3-21 19:23
I decided to join the party again.  I think there are a lot of assumptions and perceptions festering within the posts of these threads.  I'll be the first to play devil's advocate and say that I understand where Perry is coming from.  He is not looking for a guarantee.  He is looking for reassurance and hoping that DJI will respond to his questions.  Of course DJI can't guarantee the aircraft won't have issues.  Of course they can't guarantee that it won't crash.  What they can guarantee is that it will operate as intended and be safe for the consumer excluding any anomalies or poor use of control.  I think it's fair to say that DJI can help him as he did receive the refund and does have working aircrafts that are just fine.  No matter how you look at it, a refund will always be implied as a companies failure to meet your expectations/needs regardless of the reason. This is considering a small margin of consumers that simply changed their mind, no longer needed it, etc.  When I look at this from an analytical standpoint, DJI has just as much to gain from putting a sales rep or two on these forums as they do a tech rep or two.  The sales rep could re-assure they buyer, Perry, that he is making a sound purchase.  And the tech rep could confirm that they will resolve any reasonable issue should it arise.  DJI may be the leader in the drone industry, but there are many other companies that produce aircrafts that will capture a shot comparable or better than the Inspire 2.  What you get with the Inspire 2 is a cost affective camera (and yes, this is excluding all the many issues I have with it myself).  Additionally, as a leader in the industry, that means that consumers hold DJI to a higher standard than other companies.  That means DJI will suffer the criticism when they make a mistake or drop the ball.  Why?  Because other companies are supposed to be the ones making the mistakes and dropping the ball.

Personally, I'm waiting this one through.  If DJI can't improve upon the Inspire 2 by the beginning of 2018, I'm bailing on this aircraft.  I have no reserve about selling it and finding something better. Believe me..... there is something better.

Thanks GabeZ ,you said it so well. I did not think my post would cause so many different views .It was not my intent.I guess I just want a I2 so bad but do not want to lose it or hurt someone .My P2P+ experience just scared me so much .I had a drone in the sky which I could not connect with or see . Many minutes went by and I connected with it over my town . No where near where I thought it should be . I connected doing a reboot in the air and yes the RTH worked after many attempts  .My P4 and I1 work just great never a problem .I am going to stop my post as most people do not see what I am asking and think I am just complaining.I use my drones mainly over my Vineyards .It is very hilly with trees all around.I have very little room for mistakes either from me or the drone . GabeZ thanks for your time and input .
2017-3-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

perryb Posted at 2017-3-21 20:04
Thanks GabeZ ,you said it so well. I did not think my post would cause so many different views .It was not my intent.I guess I just want a I2 so bad but do not want to lose it or hurt someone .My P2P+ experience just scared me so much .I had a drone in the sky which I could not connect with or see . Many minutes went by and I connected with it over my town . No where near where I thought it should be . I connected doing a reboot in the air and yes the RTH worked after many attempts  .My P4 and I1 work just great never a problem .I am going to stop my post as most people do not see what I am asking and think I am just complaining.I use my drones mainly over my Vineyards .It is very hilly with trees all around.I have very little room for mistakes either from me or the drone . GabeZ thanks for your time and input .

Well, to put things into perspective, real recreational aircraft have been with us for many years now and every year, there are a few fatalities, some pilot error, some not.  

As for replying, these forums are monitored so, you get a measure of feedback though admittedly, it would be nice to have a more personal touch. They are a mass market company though...

Most posts here will be weighted to some negative experience since its just human nature.

IMO the end 2016 generation of DJI craft represent a significant increase in reliability and performance. I've flown all their non-industrial craft (i.e. sans the Matrice and S900/1000 series) and my confidence gain is justifiable.

The P4P is really a good craft and for most flyers, perfect for aerial photography. While the I2 is a delight, it takes more time to set up and to fully appreciate. So if you want to stick to what you have, that's perfect. I think that as Hallmark said, its good not to conflate different threads of that very personal purchase decision here. Thanks for you comments all the same.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules