CAMERA FORGETS SETTINGS!
931 7 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Whitema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

I can report that my Phantom 4 PRO+ forgets it's camera settings. I pretty much always have AEB (5) set, yet each time I power-up the aircraft the setting is for "photo".  Very annoying and a waste of battery each time, going through all the settings just to check and make sure that all the aircraft settings are as they should be, and my confidence each, therefore, is impacted by this unexpected behaviour and increases the expectation of risk.
2017-3-12
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

Right there with you... some settings are "sticky", others aren't. I keep hoping DJI fixes this problem with each upgrade, but not so much...
2017-3-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah. I hate this!
2017-3-13
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

It's the same for the P4 standard. I still am on the side of the glass that is in awe that we have the opportunity to fly these things in the first place so I will live with that little bit of trouble. Right now I am trying to be patient because I am sending my P4P in to get the gimble replaced or the whole thing.. Only had it for five days and started noticing jello in my videos.. Turns out the gimble is vibrating pretty bad.. thought it was the cooling fan at first.. These things are high precision instruments that are being made in mass quantities.. Pretty impressive still if you ask me..
2017-3-13
Use props
andremeintjes
New

South Africa

It's a joke, how you can pay so much money for something so unreliable, I constantly have to go through the menu to see whats changed, Even the custom menus change and do what ever they want. I have 5 Nikon cameras and never changed setting or automatically reset everything. This stupid P4P also thinks its year 1951, what GPS device can't even get the time right, Even my cell phone knows what year it is.
2017-3-13
Use props
CharlesWhiteman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

I do agree and sympathise.  The P4 PRO+ is very expensive and I would have expected these kinds of issues to have been tested out as part of design and manufacture.
2017-3-13
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

andremeintjes Posted at 2017-3-13 10:33
It's a joke, how you can pay so much money for something so unreliable, I constantly have to go through the menu to see whats changed, Even the custom menus change and do what ever they want. I have 5 Nikon cameras and never changed setting or automatically reset everything. This stupid P4P also thinks its year 1951, what GPS device can't even get the time right, Even my cell phone knows what year it is.

That's what gets me- The fact that my "custom" settings will randomly load whatever they want. I can deal with the issue but it does annoy me.
2017-3-13
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

Interesting how if you put the histogram on your screen, it will always be there. Gimbal adjust, not so much. I suspect that it is a deliberate programming choice by DJI.  Just one other note... to address another's complaint regarding the "1951" folder... it appears that with the latest updates this problem has been rectified (at least on my computer).
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules