Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zoom terrible images
916 6 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

Does anybody else have issues with camera zoom focus,  plus clarity is absolately terrible certainly not digital optical only maginification is this the case DJI ?Please advise if this a known problem.My Sony action camera is far superiour quality.  

2017-3-12
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you getting the 'zoomed' images from the SD card on the Mavic? Or are you getting it from the cached files off your ipad/android??
2017-3-12
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
New Zealand

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-3-12 20:09
Are you getting the 'zoomed' images from the SD card on the Mavic? Or are you getting it from the cached files off your ipad/android??

Sorry for the long delay in replying it is when I'm flying I want to zoom into something for inspection and it is  looking like terrible and very hard to identifie. I have not tried taking images yet but suspect they will as blurry and out of focus as well.
2017-3-13
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Mavic is using 2x digital zoom, don't think it has any optical zoom... Digital zoom is not really that sharp and i would rather fly low  for any image if possible.
2017-3-13
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I was using the digital zoom yesterday for a 1080p video I was shooting up close of some ducks.  I actually thought the images were decent.  I wouldn't focus on the zoomed image, but rather would tap to focus, then zoom on the subject.  I was already pretty close to the subject, and enjoyed it more as I pulled the image in closer with the digital zoom.

Maybe at different distances I would experience the same, but for what I was doing (close in zoom), it was a nice feature to play around with........
2017-3-13
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

High FlyerCokie Posted at 2017-3-13 16:28
Sorry for the long delay in replying it is when I'm flying I want to zoom into something for inspection and it is  looking like terrible and very hard to identifie. I have not tried taking images yet but suspect they will as blurry and out of focus as well.

You still haven't answer the question...

So are you looking at the images in the SD Card from your Mavic or just the cache images on your mobile device? (Images you see stored on your mobile devices are just a cached sample not the full quality)
Again if you are looking at your device of what the camera sees, its just the streaming from the Mavic to your device.

I suggest looking at the SD Card from your Mavic (e.g. connect the Mavic to your Computer).
2017-3-13
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
New Zealand

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-3-12 20:09

SD card from Mavic connected to my PC
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules