Controller Power Button / Switch replacement?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans358f06e8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United States

Hi gang, my controller power button has lost it's spring, I assume.  It doesn't "bounce" back after the button is pressed, and the power turns on and off every few seconds.

Is there a good source to purchase this part?  It is directly beneath the power button, it also has the LED that lights up when the power is on.  It does not spring back.

If I put it upside down and shake it, I can get the part to come back out, about a millimeter or so.  But this does not work to hold the controller upside down to power on or off.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I don't think you will find a replacement for that switch very easily. The only thing I can suggest is to find someone who is selling their RC for parts and see if they will sell you just the switch. Either that or send it to DJI for repair.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about it, we do suggest you send it in DJI repair center to get it fixed.
You can submit a case number and apply for a pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-12
Use props
fans358f06e8
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-12 23:19
Sorry to hear about it, we do suggest you send it in DJI repair center to get it fixed.
You can submit a case number and apply for a pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

I'll give it a try, thank you
2017-3-13
Use props
joelee951
lvl.1
United States

If you press the tabs on the side of the switch, the plastic inside will come out. The metal spring in the bottom should pop back up with a little coaxing. Take a file and work on the center post of the plastic part.  I just fixed mine an hour ago and the center post pushed the spring down to far and it got stuck.
2017-3-13
Use props
fans358f06e8
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the feedback, and joelee951 that's actually what I did, I came back to post my "probable" success and then I read that you had done the same thing.  I was able to access the little silver plate spring and tweak it a bit to bend upwards.  

I can power on and off with ease.  I'm just charging the controller now and will take it for a test flight.  There are a lot of little cable ribbons in there that I need to be sure I reconnected properly.  Yikes, wish me luck!

But thank you, DJI, you were very accommodating in both email and live chat (and in this post!), so thank you for your support.

I've had it for over a year so I wasn't expecting much warranty.  Once I opened it up, I voided it, and that was expected.  So if you can wait the 10 business days without flying, and you're within warranty range, I would still suggest you go through the proper repair channels.

Thanks all, and here's a little clip I filmed 2 days ago, just for opening this thread

The trail is called "More Cowbell"

2017-3-13
Use props
Dark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154954 ft
United States

Nice little video. Thanks for posting and I'm glad you could fix it. Note to self: Don't push the buttons to hard
2017-3-22
Use props
djiuser_9Zrb6TKiHlKe
New

Ecuador

Hi, I'm having some troubles with power button as well. In my case it just won't work. I press it and nothing happens. At first it was having this problem but after some tries it would response but now it became worst and it doesn't matter how many times I try it just won't do anything. I have this issues turning it on and turning it off. Is there anyway I can fix that? Can I assign an other button to be the "power" button? When I managed to turn it on, after several tries, all other buttons work perfectly, it's only the power one.
2019-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules