Since last update the software crashes so much more, why?
3196 45 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

Android is freeware. Every manufacturer customized it to work on their device. For simple apps it's not a big deal but with large processor intensive apps this causes problems. So while being open source is Androids key to a large share of the market place it is also its greatest weakness. If you truly want to run large processor intensive apps get an iPhone its OS is just better suited for processor heave apps.
2017-3-25
Use props
CraigA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42516 ft
United States

fans2e9aa3da Posted at 2017-3-25 03:04
Android is freeware. Every manufacturer customized it to work on their device. For simple apps it's not a big deal but with large processor intensive apps this causes problems. So while being open source is Androids key to a large share of the market place it is also its greatest weakness. If you truly want to run large processor intensive apps get an iPhone its OS is just better suited for processor heave apps.

I have to disagree.  Android is Linux, and Linux has been around for decades, runs well and is heavily supported from developers around the world.  I've been running different flavors of Linux since 1995 (prior to 1.0).  Many commercial products contain Linux, like most internet routers.

I'm also a developer/hardware designer and have done non-trivial development using GCC and G++.

The issues I'm experiencing with DJI GO feel like improper initialization of DJI GO data areas with each upgrade.  My 4.0.5 setup is working a lot better since I cleared all data/cache and reinstalled 4.0.5.  I think the DJI GO developer(s) need to carefully walk through the code looking for improper initialization / data remapping issues during upgrade.
2017-3-25
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

CraigA Posted at 2017-3-25 09:13
I have to disagree.  Android is Linux, and Linux has been around for decades, runs well and is heavily supported from developers around the world.  I've been running different flavors of Linux since 1995 (prior to 1.0).  Many commercial products contain Linux, like most internet routers.

I'm also a developer/hardware designer and have done non-trivial development using GCC and G++.

CraigA,  Those are my thoughts as well. I write PLC programs for automated machinery and I have seen 1st hand some programs written abroad for some tobacco machinery that was not structured well at all. Instead of developing data blocks to be used (bits, Bytes, words, Dwords, Integers, etc...) they used internal memory in the PLC which really slowed down the processors scan rate a lot. It seems with each upgrade of the software from DJI it gets worse. Its all in the structure of the code as to how smooth it will run without glitches and bogging down the process.  
2017-3-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

One word, accually two words, DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE !!! Accually four words.
2017-3-25
Use props
fansfa0ca5c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133317 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem, cannot fly with their crappy Go 4 software. I have switched to Litchi and it has not crashed once.
2017-5-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-25 09:55
CraigA,  Those are my thoughts as well. I write PLC programs for automated machinery and I have seen 1st hand some programs written abroad for some tobacco machinery that was not structured well at all. Instead of developing data blocks to be used (bits, Bytes, words, Dwords, Integers, etc...) they used internal memory in the PLC which really slowed down the processors scan rate a lot. It seems with each upgrade of the software from DJI it gets worse. Its all in the structure of the code as to how smooth it will run without glitches and bogging down the process.

Yeah optimizing code is a art in itself. Can do much more faster bit shifting. Working with pic qfn and vqfn that fit on the end of your fingertip, they have like 8k of eprom, you have to know what the registers do at the assembly level. With guys using these bootloaders today (like arduino), but don't know assembly, it's not surprising to see wasted cycles and data space including the loader itself.

Android is linux. But google keeps changing things. Like unix was back in the day, people would write their own commands. Problem was, new guy come along and use that command in his own. It became a cluster because you'd have commands built on commands. Dji should hire better programmers to help the team on android side.
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules