2914 44 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

General toner I am going to see if there is much difference between the feet level and the prop level. My understanding is however that it is the sensors within the craft that need to be level and there is little we can do to get this 100% accurate.
2015-2-28
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

General toner I have just been thinking about your top of prop level point. I think you are right. If you level the top of the props and then calibrate the IMU this should be better than just using the feet.
2015-2-28
Use props
info.rossfeighe
lvl.1

United States

I don't think we really have to calibrate the IMU before every day of flying?  I haven't calibrated mine in 3 weeks and everything seems fine, did about 30 flights since then. I calibrate the compass before every flight though if changing locations.
2015-2-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

info.rossfeighe Posted at 2015-2-28 21:21
I don't think we really have to calibrate the IMU before every day of flying?  I haven't calibrated  ...

Do you calibrate when at home with props attached or without
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

The levelling does not need to be surgical. There are other factors that will have greater effect than being off by a degree or two, such as wind or illusion... What say you? Yes clouds slowly moving behind your aircraft can trick you into believing your aircraft is drifting. The aircraft, when in GPS lock should compensate for small indescrepancies. If you are flying in free willy mode you are the level so for beginners... BEWARE.
2015-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules