12Next >
4138 62 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

The Blackcrusader DJI Star ship P3S flew 18.75 km or 11.65 miles yesterday. She sure does like flying up and around. I can only say some of the mountains where I live the air is thin. The video is NOT speeded up. I have no idea how fast my drone was going or how fast the clouds below were moving. If you suffer from vertigo please do watch. No clouds were harmed in the filming of thse videos. No filters nor post editing has been done to the colours they are natural.

2017-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Keep it up... ;-)

You put the word envy in my mind, every time I watch your incredible videos.

Thanks for sharing them with me. Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-3-14
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You are one lucky individual to have this type of scenery available to fly in!
What a great job of filming also. Truly amazing. I only wish I had somewhere like this to capture footage from.
Keep up the great work, very enjoyable to watch.
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-14 03:00
Keep it up... ;-)

You put the word envy in my mind, every time I watch your incredible videos.

My first ever video edit on the second link.   Nothing but joined together some existing footage.
by the way all taken yesterday within 1 hour did 3 flights.  

2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-14 03:53
You are one lucky individual to have this type of scenery available to fly in!
What a great job of filming also. Truly amazing. I only wish I had somewhere like this to capture footage from.
Keep up the great work, very enjoyable to watch.

Thanks I am very lucky to live where I do.  I'm still a newbie so learning as I go along.  
2017-3-14
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Awesome, just awesome.
2017-3-14
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Quite impressive, good work.
2017-3-14
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.2

United States

Fantastico!
2017-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-14 03:53
My first ever video edit on the second link.   Nothing but joined together some existing footage.
by the way all taken yesterday within 1 hour did 3 flights.

You are one lucky guy. Please do not ever slow down... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-14 12:49
You are one lucky guy. Please do not ever slow down... ;-)

I have rain today.  So no flying for today.  I'll do 30km next day out lol
2017-3-14
Use props
srfcocoa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259974 ft
United States

Just out of curiosity, what height are you at when filming above the clouds like that?
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

srfcocoa@hotmai Posted at 2017-3-14 18:00
Just out of curiosity, what height are you at when filming above the clouds like that?

I assume you meant height from place of launch,  I needed 400m to clear the clouds and do fly at the max 500m to get shots like these.  Sometimes you have no choice about needing to use the drones capability.  I was landing with 25% - 30% battery on these flights.  It takes a few minutes to get back to my landing area due to distance and height.

If you are asking about the actual altitude I would need to check my flight log. However I generally fly at several thousand feet in altitude.  You just need to find a nice high place to fly from and sometimes I need to fly a mile distance to get into positions for shots like these.

4000 feet up

4000 feet up
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-14 18:05
I assume you meant height from place of launch,  I needed 400m to clear the clouds and do fly at the max 500m to get shots like these.  Sometimes you have no choice about needing to use the drones capability.  I was landing with 25% - 30% battery on these flights.  It takes a few minutes to get back to my landing area due to distance and height.

If you are asking about the actual altitude I would need to check my flight log. However I generally fly at several thousand feet in altitude.  You just need to find a nice high place to fly from and sometimes I need to fly a mile distance to get into positions for shots like these.

I'm sure you're getting plenty of exercise from all the hiking that must go into it. Thanks for sharing.
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-14 21:35
I'm sure you're getting plenty of exercise from all the hiking that must go into it. Thanks for sharing.

A lot of the places I go to I can drive m 4x4 close to launch sites. Yesterdays clouds all I had to do was step out of my truck and go fly.   The great thing is that I have around 2.4 miles distance I can get and can do 30,000' mileage and still land with 25% battery remaining. Let your drone to the work hahahaha

2017-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

What a beautiful observation deck. ;-)

On a clear day you can see Heaven. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-15 02:40
What a beautiful observation deck. ;-)

Just hope me next thread title isn't Tears in Heaven then.
2017-3-15
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

Your videos look cool. I think you could do a timelapse with clouds rolling over a mountain based on your location? that would be awesome.
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

fredq2 Posted at 2017-3-15 03:13
Your videos look cool. I think you could do a timelapse with clouds rolling over a mountain based on your location? that would be awesome.

Yup I will try to get in some 15 minute video's at one location and time lapse them. You need the right shot and just hover and record.

However you need really long clips for that.  Those clips I too above are a bit short and anyways I thought they were fine as is.  
2017-3-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Time lapse is taking a pic every few seconds. Then play them back together.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-15 04:16
Time lapse is taking a pic every few seconds. Then play them back together.

Can send up my go pro for that
2017-3-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-15 06:56
Can send up my go pro for that

Absolutely, but your phantom camera can be set up to do it better... ;-)

Go through the still camera menu settings...

It's all in there.

RedHotPoker

2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-15 07:01
Absolutely, but your phantom camera can be set up to do it better... ;-)

Yup camera setup is similar to my go pro. I should sticky pad it on top of drone hahahaha
2017-3-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-15 07:05
Yup camera setup is similar to my go pro. I should sticky pad it on top of drone hahahaha

Sure, have one facing backward too. ;-)

Sorry, maybe that's just a left handed thing to do.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-14 17:30
I have rain today.  So no flying for today.  I'll do 30km next day out lol

For Rainy Day Woman?

Use the onboard Flight SIMulator!

RedHotPoker

2017-3-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

What ever possessed you the use that particular score in your video? A perfect match between music and video!  
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-3-15 08:36
What ever possessed you the use that particular score in your video? A perfect match between music and video!

Thanks.

Well I decided that sometimes it's easier to put in a decomposed composers name and see what comes up.  I guess I was just feeling lucky.  Wasn't sure when I first played it but second time through I thought OK this will actually work.
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Thanks.   I may one day need to find time to video the same locations when there are no clouds. There are actually some stunning mountain ranges up here.  However the spring weather brings the clouds.

We need some rain really so later in the year we will have better greenery to film.  
2017-3-20
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-15 07:34
For Rainy Day Woman?

Use the onboard Flight SIMulator!

Well did some post rain flying today. Colours in the tea farms are stunning.
MIST COVERED TEA FARMS.jpg
TOURIST AREA LELEYA 3.jpg
TOURIST AREA LELEYA.jpg
2017-4-11
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Snuck in some cloud surfing as well.  

2017-4-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You are showing, us all, just how it can be done. ;-)

I enjoy viewing your videos, and have gotten much encouragement from them.

Unfortunately, our new drone laws in Canada, make flying a bit more challenging.

RedHotPoker
2017-4-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

+1 to all the other comments, but it's the photos which I found particularly interesting. Post #12: it's aerial shots like this which allow you to see challenging aspects of landscape and how us clever humans have created space on it. Those villages are literally grafted onto those hills, and joined by paths which follow the terrain. Fascinating...
2017-4-13
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-13 15:01
+1 to all the other comments, but it's the photos which I found particularly interesting. Post #12: it's aerial shots like this which allow you to see challenging aspects of landscape and how us clever humans have created space on it. Those villages are literally grafted onto those hills, and joined by paths which follow the terrain. Fascinating...

I got a nice comment from about the pics that timing is everything.  I had a short time to drive about 30 mins to get setup and take these pictures and just after I left it started raining again. I'm lucky that I live in these mountains.  Funny thing is the owners of the land are finicky.  They send some staff member out saying you can't fly on my land.  My reply was that firstly I am not on your land, secondly you don't own the air or the sky, and I was actually taking a video of the mountains not taking photos of their place. So later on I flew nearby and took these pictures.  We don't like you taking photo's.  My reply, tough titties they are my photos' and video's not yours and I did not even fly over your property to get them lol. There is another area higher above them about 800m distance so I will go there and do more droning.  Can't help it if I do a few flights past their place.
TOURIST AREA LELEYA 2.jpg
2017-4-13
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

do you use litchi waypoint mode
2017-4-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-4-14 01:07
do you use litchi waypoint mode

No I fly DJI Go App.  Have not used the Litchi app yet.
2017-4-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-3-15 08:36

Here's another video and music score I hope you like. We have had some decent rains recently giving us some lush colours back to the foliage and some water to go river rafting in if you are keen on that sort of thing.  Tso today I skipped out bewteen some rain drops just above the cool temperatures where dew forms.

2017-4-27
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Blue Danuee Waltz.....Perfect!
2017-4-28
Use props
Andy1963
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40548 ft
United Kingdom

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-27 23:34
Here's another video and music score I hope you like. We have had some decent rains recently giving us some lush colours back to the foliage and some water to go river rafting in if you are keen on that sort of thing.  Tso today I skipped out bewteen some rain drops just above the cool temperatures where dew forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXD1_rVlXfg&t=1s

Your captures are truly AWESOME, I'm a photographer of 20 years experience & would love to have the chance to photograph places of such beauty. Great work
2017-4-28
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-4-28 02:04
The Blue Danuee Waltz.....Perfect!

Somehow that fits in with my video purely by chance. I listened to several tracks and funny thing was I had been remembering the Movie 2001 so thought yeah, go with that Blue Danube.  
2017-4-28
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Philippines

Andy1963 Posted at 2017-4-28 02:12
Your captures are truly AWESOME, I'm a photographer of 20 years experience & would love to have the chance to photograph places of such beauty. Great work

Here's a nice sunset.   About 400 ft altitude over ocean looking from Cebu Island to Negros island. Resized to fit on this forum.
CEBU TO NEGROS 04 JUNE 2017.jpg
2017-6-4
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

you know BC for some reason those videos are strangely addictive. Really nice work.
The RTH get a workout by any chance?
2017-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules