Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 For Android Has Been Released (V4.0.5)
12Next >
9807 61 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Release Note:
  • Date:2017.03.14
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.0.5

What's new?

1. Mavic Pro:
  • Increase max flight speed to 15m/s in ActiveTrack.
  • Added feature that preciously record takeoff point.
  • Added support for simultaneous control of aircraft by Primary and Secondary remote controllers.

2. P4P:
  • Added precise record function of takeoff point.

3. Editor:
  • Added Free Eye feature, which enables image slideshow.
  • Added support for create a movie with photos
  • Updated music library.

4. General:
  • Added support to save video in mobile device cache when SD card is full or or unavailable.
  • Updated options in Color Mode.
A4.png

2017-3-14
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

There's new nothing for P4 {:4_142:}
2017-3-14
Use props
Fatboysdotco
New

United States

Pakawan Posted at 2017-3-14 22:30
There's new nothing for P4

it would be really nice to be able to use my pixel and save video without adding music
2017-3-15
Use props
THREEDWAG
New

United States

Lots of crashes with Go 4 on Android: Newly-acquired Phantom 4 Pro - DJI Go 4 on Nvidia Shield tablet. Just installed latest Android build, brand new download of DJI app. Frequent app crashes during flights. No warning message. App just quits. Drone maintains flight control, and restarting app resumes control, but one crash happened during "Return Home" and resulted in a nerve-wracking loss of monitoring capability  It appears that the new Go 4 Android release needs work.
2017-3-16
Use props
Malsua
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86959 ft
United States

THREEDWAG Posted at 2017-3-16 22:53
Lots of crashes with Go 4 on Android: Newly-acquired Phantom 4 Pro - DJI Go 4 on Nvidia Shield tablet. Just installed latest Android build, brand new download of DJI app. Frequent app crashes during flights. No warning message. App just quits. Drone maintains flight control, and restarting app resumes control, but one crash happened during "Return Home" and resulted in a nerve-wracking loss of monitoring capability  It appears that the new Go 4 Android release needs work.

I have a K1 Shield that I use.  I had the same issue.   I downgraded it to 6.0.1 Marshmellow from Nougat and all the problems stopped.

I only use this K1 for the Mavic and had disabled everything but maps and DJI Go 4.

A guy posted the instructions here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... peid=386&page=1

Works like a charm.

2017-3-18
Use props
Blah
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It is what it is. It's pretty obvious DJ Iphone loves ..erm... You know..

I paid the £20 on top of the £1000 I paid DJ Iphone for the Phan 4, for Litchi.  Litchi is the only real way I could get this to work (trouble free)  on an Android device.

It works, it's a small amount in the great scheme of things!

Just know that when I get another Drone, it may not be a DJ Iphone model {:4_142:}

I love the way their 'tecs' come in here and say..."OMG, please give us your crash report, we don't get why this has happened. It's a totally new thing and we've never had this happen before" "NO, really, we haven't" {:4_154:}

When I get a new drone, it likely won't be a DJ Iphone. My cash, their loss!
2017-3-18
Use props
Blah
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sayin all of that, they still make the Best Drones but when they don't....My money goes elsewhere...GRRRrrr

We're so screwed, maybe it's time to go Dj Iphone after all...
2017-3-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
Hong Kong

How to get in China mainland in English version. Google dissent work at all
2017-3-19
Use props
fansa29f08f6
New

Pakistan

Sansor error and berometer error problum
Phantom3 pro
Please help me
2017-3-19
Use props
fansa29f08f6
New

Pakistan

Hi my phantom 3 pro have in problum so please help me
2017-3-19
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Malsua Posted at 2017-3-18 04:50
I have a K1 Shield that I use.  I had the same issue.   I downgraded it to 6.0.1 Marshmellow from Nougat and all the problems stopped.

I only use this K1 for the Mavic and had disabled everything but maps and DJI Go 4.

I did the downgrade as well and NOTHING has improved.
Cleared the cache yesterday which some people recommend: No changes.

2017-3-19
Use props
FMcNeely
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446329 ft
United States

THREEDWAG Posted at 2017-3-16 22:53

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Everything is going fine and then -- blank screen (crashed). What a nightmare.

My "in a pinch" work around for the time being is simply to use Litchi software. It's a great alternative.
2017-3-19
Use props
Sheffaphro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1205184 ft
Russia

When remote controller pro+ update to 4.0.5?
2017-3-20
Use props
Sheffaphro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1205184 ft
Russia

and add Russian language???
2017-3-20
Use props
FMcNeely
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446329 ft
United States

NVIDIA SHIELD users - don't upgrade your tablet or DJI GO. Instead, do some searching on these forums for Shield users who are experiencing complete software crashes of the DJI GO application. This is not a simple annoyance bug, you're flying and your screen goes black and then GO has to be restarted. If you're flying FPV and your Phantom is out of sight, your only hope is that you'll reconnect or have to use the Fly Home option. If you're trying to do actual work like site surveys or video, this bug is a deal breaker. The fix in most cases is downgrading your tablet's OS which voids the warranty and brings you back to a factory reset -- assuming you have the technical grit to do the downgrade in the first place. Some excellent instructions on how to downgrade the OS can be found on these forums but it's not for the weak of heart.

We are all hoping that DJI will resolve this issue as soon as possible. Until then, DON'T upgrade your tablet. You will regret it.

F. McNeely
2017-3-21
Use props
Zoriq747
New

Israel

I had phantom 4 and galaxy tab 3 lite, and i can't succeed to install dj go 4,
The android veraion is 4.2.

Someone can help me please??
2017-3-26
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Updated and quick flight afterwards all OK!
2017-3-27
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my Mavic and flew for the first time yesterday.  Using HTC ONE M8 with Android 6.0, the DJI GO 4 app crashed constantly.  Most of the time I could regain connection by closing the app and re-opening it.  However, once it never regained connection and I had to fly it in manually in ATTI.  No way at this point I can trust the Mavic to fly like I do with my Phantom 4 using DJI GO app.  This is as bad as my first Phantom 2 Vision+ app in the early days of lost connection issues.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans31441475
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

DJI and android have never gotten along. EVER! I can go all the way back to the Phantom vision, the one with the big egg underneath and no gimbal. Even back then it was the same story. Crash! Freeze!! GRRR!! I’m not an Apple user BUT I ended plunking out a few hundred for an iPad. Maybe DJI and Apple are in bed together?! LOL!
Just did a flight with the mavic and my Moto Zmaxx and all the sudden BAM! App is just closed. No crash, no freeze just closed. Some things will never change I guess.
2017-3-28
Use props
Matt W Ruff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601178 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I just went outside to fly my drone and the newer version keep crashing with my Galaxy S7 it worked a couple of weeks before now it just crashes. Thank Heavens my iPhone works fine but it a pain to switch out the cable
2017-3-28
Use props
Matt W Ruff
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:01
So I just went outside to fly my drone and the newer version keep crashing with my Galaxy S7 it worked a couple of weeks before now it just crashes. Thank Heavens my iPhone works fine but it a pain to switch out the cable

I used the link to install from DJI and it appears to be working
2017-3-28
Use props
Matt W Ruff
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:06
I used the link to install from DJI and it appears to be working

Yup that worked use the QR code above and it works.....Google play no!
2017-3-28
Use props
fansd5fef3dc
lvl.2
United States

Please allow us to use the original GO app. I used the new GO4 app today while doing a shoot for a client. Horrible. Embarrassing. Nvidia crashed over 15 times. Galaxy S 5 crashed over 15 times. Could not get more than a 30 second video. Please fix this immediately.
2017-3-28
Use props
iperov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63868 ft
Russia

HELP PLEASE!

Cannot do first start!
in this screen both buttons not works, so I cannot continue. Restart progam result same problem.

2017-3-29
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

When will it be updated as the iOS version? I saw that there are functions on iOS version that we still don't have on Android version.

Plus, it would be great to patch those bugs that make the app crash on most people's phone
2017-3-29
Use props
Nebonit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274393 ft
Australia

iperov Posted at 2017-3-29 02:36
HELP PLEASE!

Cannot do first start!

Had the same issue on my nexus 6P, the app clearly doesn't play well with it. But to get around the issue force your phone to stay in portrait orientation throughout that and you should be able to finish it.
2017-3-29
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

I have not found the  possibilty for Mavic Controller , to  cancel the loadfunction to the connected Android smartphone.  
2017-3-30
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

There is no switch in the menue of Go4 , to cancel the load function to the connected smartphone / tablet
When you connect a smatphone with android, equal which version up from 4.4 then the loadfunction is startet over the cable.
In case of this the battery from the controller, when switched on,  loads the smartphone/tablet  and in few minutes the controller battery is empty. No longer fly possibility
2017-3-30
Use props
fLaMePr0oF
New
United Kingdom

P1 Interoperability defect in DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.0.5 - When used with a Huawie P9 (stock firmware) it is not possible to complete the activation process for a new mavic Pro.
2017-3-30
Use props
fLaMePr0oF
New
United Kingdom

P1 Interoperability defect in DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.0.5 - When used with a Huawei P9 (stock firmware) it is not possible to complete the activation process for a new mavic Pro.

When the user reaches the third screen of the activation process; "LCD Screen" which shows info on the various elements of the remore LCD screen, the controls "Next" top right and the back arrow top left are inoperable; tapping them has no response.  The info on the screen can be scrolled, so it is clear that the app has not crashed, but it is impossible for the user to progress beyond this screen and activate their drone.

Any users who only have access to an Huawei P9 will therefore not be able to activate and use their Mavic Pro.

This was tested both with and without USb debugging mode enabled and also checked that all app permissions were granted.
2017-3-30
Use props
fLaMePr0oF
New
United Kingdom

P1 Interoperability defect in DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.0.5 - When used with a Huawei P9 (stock firmware) it is not possible to complete the activation process for a new mavic Pro.

When the user reaches the third screen of the activation process; "LCD Screen" which shows info on the various elements of the remore LCD screen, the controls "Next" top right and the back arrow top left are inoperable; tapping them has no response.  The info on the screen can be scrolled, so it is clear that the app has not crashed, but it is impossible for the user to progress beyond this screen and activate their drone.

Any users who only have access to an Huawei P9 will therefore not be able to activate and use their Mavic Pro.

This was tested both with and without USb debugging mode enabled and also checked that all app permissions were granted.
2017-3-30
Use props
fLaMePr0oF
New
United Kingdom

2017-3-30
Use props
fLaMePr0oF
New
United Kingdom

You also seriously need to fix this forum, the multiple posts above are the result of nothing occurring on my screen when clicking the "Participation" button to post my reply
2017-3-30
Use props
fLaMePr0oF
New
United Kingdom

HELP PLEASE!

Cannot do first start!

There is no way past this issue except to use a different device for the activation - I had the issue on my Huawei P9 and managed to complete the activation process using a tablet - appart from this issue the app seems to run ok on my P9
2017-3-30
Use props
fansbac103d4
New
Netherlands

HELP PLEASE!

Cannot do first start!

I've had the same issue while activating today. I got past it by rotating the phone from landscape to portrait. I couldn't get to the next or back button while in landscape.
2017-3-31
Use props
MavicUAV
New
Netherlands

Is there a trick to get the offline maps? When I start the Go 4 App there is a offline maps section in the main menu (on the startpage). But the only maps I can see in the list are in China. Offline map capability is a really important feature imho, ideally we should at least be able to use OpenStreetMap maps (like all offline capable navigation systems do these days). Or have an input field where we can provide our own map server via wifi or locally on the android device.

A cool feature would also be another intelligent flight mode: "Map Area -> Ascent to max allowed alt, tilt gimbal down and follow a snake pattern while taking pictures of the area below that will be used as offline pseudo satellite view in the Go App.
2017-3-31
Use props
Stro3579
lvl.1
United States

Keeps crashing on my Samsung 7s
2017-4-1
Use props
Stro3579
lvl.1
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:01

I am having the same issue.  It didnt crash before, now it just shuts down during flights.  Any fix yet?
2017-4-1
Use props
Stro3579
lvl.1
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:12

so. are you guys deleting the app that was installed from google play and installing it from dji site?
2017-4-1
Use props
Stro3579
lvl.1
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:12

so. are you guys deleting the app that was installed from google play and installing it from dji site?
2017-4-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules