Inspire 1 range seems very low...
2810 8 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ak2280101
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys, so Im new to the forum, been flying for about two months. On a recent trip to the Dominican I crashed my Phantom 3 standard into the ocean (have the video if anyone is interested in seeing it). Came back home without a drone and obviously pretty bummed out. Then out of nowhere, I came across a ridiculous deal on craigslist for an Inspire 1 (Drone, all the essentials, two controllers, two carrying cases, 4 batteries, two chargers, and an ipad Mini, all for $1,000) so I obviously ran out and got it.

Been flying it for a bit and love it, however I am a little concerned about the range. I read somewhere that the range can be close to 3km. I obviously dont intend to fly it that far out, however, I tend to loose signal and disconnect at a few hundred meeters (500ish) I tried flying in multiple locations and got the same result, so it wasnt interference. I recall seeing a video somewhere stating you can adjust the signal frequency inside the app or something? Anyway, if anyone has some good tips I would appreciate it because Im at a loss. Its the Inspire 1, not the v2.0.

Thanks!
2017-3-14
Use props
ak2280101
lvl.1
United States

Video of my phantom crash if anyone is interested: https://vid.me/hNbM
Was using my tiny phone screen, had a lot of glare. Was trying to swoop down and forward to that pirate ship. All of a sudden some lady comes up to me and starts asking where the drone is, can I see, etc. I get distracted for 2 seconds, and this is the result.
2017-3-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi ak,  welcome to the forum. Yes you can use the manual HD setting for streaming your video and this is limited from channels 13-20 unless using the 32 ch hack. I will look for a screen shot and post this information for you   Rich
2017-3-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

once you open your DJI Go App and then enter into the camera screen, look at the HD icon located in the top tool bar. Tap on this icon to enter the image transmission settings menu. You can select a clear channel using the custom mode in the drop down box. Stay away from the unstable channels. Please note that if you use this mode, check it at the flight location before you fly. This can change causing you to loose the video stream.  You can also adjust the transmission strength to match or take advantage  of your estimated flight distance
I found this screen shot while the Inspire was not connected.  I will post another active screen shot when I find it.  PS this is showing the 32 channels provided by the hack. You can see the 13-20 ISM channels that are provided by DJI by default.   You can search on this forum for more information on the 32 ch hack if you want to pursue this later.

Rich
IMG_0090.PNG
2017-3-14
Use props
ak2280101
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Rich, that was very helpful!
2017-3-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sorry, I had to use my iPhone and didn't get everything into one screen shot.

Rich

IMG_8422.PNG IMG_8420.PNG IMG_8421.PNG
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to Rich's advice, do you have any of the distance limiters enabled in the Go app? Do you recall with iPad Mini model you have? If it's older than the Mini 2, that could be an issue as well?
2017-3-14
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-14 08:52
sorry, I had to use my iPhone and didn't get everything into one screen shot.

Rich

Rich does it still work?
2018-3-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi
sorry, if you are using one of the later versions of FW and Go / 4 Apps, the 32 channels are no longer available. I believe this software was changed after version 4.1.7 Go 4 App.

Rich
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules