Computer Won't Read Mavic Micro SD Card
5181 10 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Hey guys,I shot a really cool video today, but when I went to my computer (windows) to download it, the computer didn't even reconize the SD card. Like I didn't even insert the SD card. I was using Transcend Micro SD adapter (not USB adapter) with the Lexar 633x 16 GB card (photo below) that comes with the Mavic Pro. Though, when I connect it to my iMac, it works fine. Any ideas?

Regards,
yhadar

FullSizeRender (5).jpg
2017-3-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

I ran into a similar issue, the card will not read in my 4k tv but works in other devices.  I would try another adapter or transfer the file to another card.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If you were able to see your videos on the iMac, then maybe your Windows box is having a driver issue for the card slot?

It also might just not have been seated well in your slot -- sometimes the card won't mount on my desktop and I have to remove and replace the card again.
2017-3-14
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

I've tried a different Micro SD card with the same adapter and it works. It seems like the problem is with windows because it works great with a iMac. Which is weird because trying the same adapter and same slot just different Micro SD, seems to work.

Thanks for any replies,
yhadar
2017-3-14
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

What OS Windows is on your computer? Check your Device Manager and see if there's a caution symbol in the USB section. Also check to make sure you have the latest Windows update. If all checks are good I think restarting your computer will solve the issue.
2017-3-14
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Oops! Forgot to mention, sometime wiggling your SD card in the slot a little could also solve your problem. Hope this helps!
2017-3-14
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

First of all, thanks for all the answers.
Second of all, I've found a solution. All you need to do is give the Micro SD card a name on the iMac, and it will work also on windows! On the iMac, it displayed the SD card as "No Name", and when I changed it to "Mavic Pro", it worked on the windows like a charm!

Thanks for all the answers anyway,
Yhadar
2017-3-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-14 12:25
First of all, thanks for all the answers.
Second of all, I've found a solution. All you need to do is give the Micro SD card a name on the iMac, and it will work also on windows! On the iMac, it displayed the SD card as "No Name", and when I changed it to "Mavic Pro", it worked on the windows like a charm!

Huh, what version Windows are you running?
2017-3-14
Use props
Capt Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37566 ft

United States

You answered it yourself, Why use Windows when you have a Mac??????
2017-6-24
Use props
Capt Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37566 ft

United States

You answered it yourself, Why use Windows when you have a Mac??????
2017-6-24
Use props
Stampatur
lvl.1

Malta

I had the same problem windows  could not read my sd card. But what I did plugged my drone with the available usb cable and read the card from there. I copied the files to a pen drive.
2022-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules