Conflicted about getting P4 Pro or keeping Mavic
545 6 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

Mavic Pro is the first drone for me and it has got me totally hooked on drones now. I have nothing bad to say about the Mavic, the list goes on and on about what i love about it.
  • Beatiful and stealthy drone (Black, looks like a bird in the sky, lightweight)
  • Very quiet
  • Shoots beatiful videos with the right settings and filters
  • Really small drone and controller is really nice as well.
  • Since its small its less worrying to fly for me personally, it can go in tight woods and fit places not normally fit for a drone

I had no idea about a Pro version of the Phantom 4 and was kinda shocked when i read it had 4K @ 60fps. Im gonna use my drones for a lot of water activities so having the option for slowmo is very nice, and in 4K? Thats mindblowing to me. Looking at clips like this is amazing:   (4k 60fps)
Im kinda at a loss here, i totally LOVE the Mavic but having the option for 60fps at 4k......  What do you guys who own the drone feel about that option? Is it a MUST HAVE or you guys still film at 30/24 fps?  Its a lot less bitrate per frame but looking at the clip above, you cant say anything bad about it really.

Ive read countless reviews, comparisons on youtube between these drones. It boils down to if 4k 60fps is really worth it cause for anything else, i really think the Mavic is just perfect. Had no issues with it. So need some advice about that 4k @ 60FPS option the P4 Pro has. Is it worth to change drone over?

2017-3-14
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stunning clip, whoever shot that! I'm going with the P4pro myself... as soon as I get my P3 sold. I think the adjustable aperture as well as the 20mp stills really brings it home. I'm also in the process of starting my own business centered around aerial shots, so that better camera will add a bit of an edge. I'm really betting that they'll have a new version of the Mavic later this year with the same camera that is now on the P4pro... so it might be worth waiting a while if you don't seriously need it.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Both drones have their purpose, it really depends what kind of flying you want to do. if you want to fly more for fun with the added option for nice video, just keep the Mavic. If you want a little more camera quality and want to get into more filming, then get the Phantom. You do have a 3rd option to just have both, but not all wallets will allow that.
2017-3-14
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-14
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I have a P4P and I am extremely happy with it's video and photographic performance.  I purchased it mainly or still photography.  Having said that, I know I'd be flying more if I had a drone that was more portable.  I may end up purchasing a Mavic as well.  Good luck!
2017-3-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. All comments above are very valid, but I'd just summarise by suggesting it's:

Portability = Mavic / Photography = P4P

I have both a P4 and P4P now, and the option of having a second if your wallet is big enough (even if not a Mavic), is also handy for sucking your partner into your interest too. ;-)
2017-3-14
Use props
Avean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-14 15:33
Both drones have their purpose, it really depends what kind of flying you want to do. if you want to fly more for fun with the added option for nice video, just keep the Mavic. If you want a little more camera quality and want to get into more filming, then get the Phantom. You do have a 3rd option to just have both, but not all wallets will allow that.

haha yeah, i am considering getting both.... We will see. Right now i feel i really really want that 4k 60fps option but i just cant imagine getting rid of the Mavic. Its just too cool of a drone. Phew! Drone life is hard
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules