Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Satellite error in active track
763 6 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desert Toad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

I've been flying my Mavic using an iPad mini 2 wifi via hotspot to my iPhone with no problems.  But when I try to use active track, I get an error that there is weak satellite signal.  Is this because of my iPad?  Didn't think anything should affect the satellite signal, shows I'm tracking over a dozen.

Thank you!

2017-3-14
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Good question. I'm curious too.
2017-3-14
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Active Track shouldn't care about the GPS signal on your mobile device, just the Mavic's. (Definitely trying Active Track, not Follow Me?)
When you try this, how many bars do you have on the GPS signal indicator? Was the Mavic in GPS or ATTI/OPTI mode at the time? Is the flying environment likely to be causing satellite interference?
2017-3-14
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

I get the same message when I try the Follow Me mode. Have never got it work. It doesnt matter how many bars are shown. Even having 17-19 satellites doesn make it work. Always the same message - bad GPS signal.

Does somebody else experienced that and got it solved? It is not about weak satellite signal for sure.
2017-3-15
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
United States

Whoops, yes I meant follow me as well.

Here is a screen shot, as you can see I'm in a pretty open area here.

%5BURL=http://s923.photobucket.com/user/deserttoad/media/IMG_0078.png.html%5D%5BIMG%5D%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
2017-3-15
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Desert Toad Posted at 2017-3-15 15:42
Whoops, yes I meant active track as well.

Here is a screen shot, as you can see I'm in a pretty open area here.

Follow me mode relies on your phones GPS to follow you as its sending the GPS coordinates from your current phone position. As you're using an ipad that doesnt have GPS in, you cannot use follow me mode.

In all honnesty, Follow me mode is pretty useless anyway, use activetrack and one of its functions rather than follow me mode, its more precise
2017-3-15
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
United States

Appreciate the reply, was just thinking the sideways shot might be cool for my kid on a four wheeler.  I figured the iPad was the problem, guess an easy fix is to just use my iPhone if I want to do that.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules