819 7 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waskeee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 808396 ft
Switzerland

Hello there!
When I finally got my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo I unfortunately had to realize that the included quad-charger actually charges only one battery at a time so it takes like 5 hours to fully recharge all three batteries instead of 1 1/2. Is there any possibility to "convince" the device to charge all connected battery packs at the same time (through a future FW-Update maybe)? If not, do you know about a compatible (and safe) 3rd-party charger capable of doing this?
Thanks for your help!
Daniel
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This one seems popular but getting it shipped to Switzerland may take a little extra doing.
2017-3-15
Use props
Waskeee
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks for the link, this is exactly what I'm looking for! Yeah, getting it shipped to where I live  might be tricky. On the other hand, after reading the more detailed customer reviews I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort since I don't wanna damage the batteries (someone said they were only charged to almost full capacity) or myself due to the lacking ground. Looks like I'm gonna have to play the waiting game for now
2017-3-15
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Waskeee Posted at 2017-3-15 05:45
Thanks for the link, this is exactly what I'm looking for! Yeah, getting it shipped to where I live  might be tricky. On the other hand, after reading the more detailed customer reviews I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort since I don't wanna damage the batteries (someone said they were only charged to almost full capacity) or myself due to the lacking ground. Looks like I'm gonna have to play the waiting game for now

I have the charger in the link and have been using it for 3-4 weeks.  It is working perfectly.  I think the ground is much ado about nothing.  I would recommend if you can get it.
2017-3-15
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

Waskeee Posted at 2017-3-15 05:45

You might wanna consider soldering a wire from the ground terminal to the metal chassis. Even though the socket has 3 prongs, the ground terminal is not wired to anything.
2017-3-15
Use props
Waskeee
lvl.1
Switzerland

I just found the charger on eBay (with free worldwide shipping): http://www.ebay.de/itm/Remote-Co ... Drone-/401280818016. Still not sure if I'm willing to take the risk though
2017-3-15
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

The blue charger has been around for years. Many phantom owners used them. I have one now for the Mavic, and have used it several times. Works fine. I DID add the one wire for the ground (super easy to add). To be safe.

Now that said? To be 100% honest? I do fly a lot, but haven't had but once or twice where I NEEDED to have all 3 batteries charged back so quickly.  At the end of a flying session, I have found myself just using the hub/tossing all 3 batteries on the hub, then using the USB ports from the DJI AC adapter to charge my controller and my Ipad.  I also have the car charger...and have never even used it yet.

So make sure you have a need for the blue one..vs just having it..to have.
2017-3-15
Use props
Waskeee
lvl.1
Switzerland

You do have a point! On the other hand, if this charger really is safe to use with the Mavic batteries (other than the guy on Amazon suggested) I think for 40 bucks I could buy the thing on a "just in case"-basis. I do have one more question though: is the cable to the power supply exchangeable (like for example with computer PSUs)? I'm asking because I'd like to avoid relying on a power plug adapter just so I can use it in Europe.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules