Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin in a helicopter horizon issues
2530 5 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rotorhead8
lvl.1

United States

I've made a mount for the back seat of the R44, and the gimbal can actually keep up with the vibrations pretty well, the only big thing we have a problem with is the horizon roll. Very tough to keep up with. Movi has GPS built into it to compensate for movement, does anyone know if DJI will come out with something for the Ronin?

2015-2-24
Use props
tahoejmfc
lvl.1

United States

i had alot of the same issue you are having on my car mount when I first got my Ronin. after I did the system calibration all horizon issues I was having went away and have not come back. check out cinemilled adapter plates and get some wire rope isolators on the R44, every time I have been up in a Robinson, lots of shaking. http://www.isolator.com has the SM series of wire rope isolators that I use on my truck mount and we get smooth rolling shutter free video with them.
2015-2-24
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Did you solve this problem? Which FW are you using? I am trying Ronin on a multirotor. Had a test with 2.1 and had terrible drift in roll and pitch. Now I will try with the 2.3. I see that 2.2 is not available anymore.
2015-2-25
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Just wanted to add that this DIY Wire rope vibration isolator/vibration damper/Jello killer also works well
2015-2-26
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3540098 ft
Bulgaria

quadslo Posted at 2015-2-25 22:00
Did you solve this problem? Which FW are you using? I am trying Ronin on a multirotor. Had a test wi ...

Hello quadslo. I am having the same problem with my RONIN on a X8 copter. It looses horizon when having even slight raw movement on the copter on start or change of direction. I am with firmware 2,1. Did you managed to fix this issue with 2.3 or it is still the same ? Thank you in advance.
2015-3-14
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Hi mitarashiki, I didn't find solution. DJI has to change PID settings with gyro thrust.
2015-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules