I need a charging hub, fast. What do?
897 9 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

So here's the deal, im going on a last minute trip and I need a charging hub in my hands within 8 days. Since DJI still hasn't managed to get accessories into US retail stores a full 5 months after release (lol), I can't just go grab one at Best buy.

Anyone have any ideas? If I order it from the DJI store, it'll arrive sometime in the year 2047, so that's not an option. The legit sellers on Amazon are all sold out, the only ones I've seen up have a lot of "knockoff" red flags that scare me a little.

I'm just looking for a hub, standard or advanced, from a well-known reputable dealer in the USA that can do priority shipping and have it here within 7-8 days from now.

Why is this so hard? I love ya, DJI, but this availability thing is getting really old at this point. Bush league.
2017-3-15
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

And no one say "eBay". I might as well go buy one out of the back of someone's van at that point. eBay is LOUSY with knockoffs and I don't have time to screw with returns/exchanges.
2017-3-15
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

I was trying to avoid the 5 in 1 rapid charger that's around, due to possible damage to the batteries/warranty and the shoddy Chinese construction with no ground wire, but it's starting to look like my only widely-available option on the web or retail at this point. Has anyone had any bad experiences with that blue thing?
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

There are a number of retailers of various types that sell it, many of which would probably get one to you in time with standard shipping and some of which will all but guarantee to get it to you within a few days if you pay more for expedited shipping. Go to Google Shopping and search for "mavic pro charging hub"; you may even find a place that's local to you.
2017-3-15
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I bought the advanced hub from eBay and it works as it should was a USA DJI Authorized agent so I felt safe buying it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302244974922
2017-3-15
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

#Quick Reply Here# 5# I bought the advanced hub from eBay and it works as it should was a USA DJI Authorized agent so I felt safe buying it http://www.ebay.com/itm/302244974922
2017-3-15
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-15 13:53
#Quick Reply Here# 5# I bought the advanced hub from eBay and it works as it should was a USA DJI Authorized agent so I felt safe buying it http://www.ebay.com/itm/302244974922

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about... Those guys are NOT on the authorized DJI dealers list. The chances that thing is counterfeit are significant.
2017-3-15
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

Nevermind, looks like at least the regular hub is back in stock at B&H photo. I trust them a bit more than most to have had their stock actually come from DJI vs coming from the factory next door to DJI in shenzen that pumps out poorly wired/insulated fakes. If we weren't talking about live electricity and $300 worth of batteries here, I'd be less picky.
2017-3-15
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

Impossible J Posted at 2017-3-15 15:17
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about... Those guys are NOT on the authorized DJI dealers list. The chances that thing is counterfeit are significant.

It works just fine for me charges 4 batteries in the time it says as per the manual I'm happy beats waiting a month to get one from DJI direct fake or not it works and works very well
2017-3-15
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Impossible J Posted at 2017-3-15 15:23
Nevermind, looks like at least the regular hub is back in stock at B&H photo. I trust them a bit more than most to have had their stock actually come from DJI vs coming from the factory next door to DJI in shenzen that pumps out poorly wired/insulated fakes. If we weren't talking about live electricity and $300 worth of batteries here, I'd be less picky.

Not sure where you are in the US, but there's a Canadian retailer named Vistek who has them in stock.

https://www.vistek.ca/store/ProV ... y-charging-hub.aspx

I don't know what their shipping into the US policy is, but worth a try.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules