Deserializer Disconnected - Hardware malfunction.
2510 5 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seancool
lvl.1
United States

I was delighted to see my brand new Inspire 1 three weeks ago.  Howerver within few hours of use I received this error message (Picture attached)

Deserializer Disconnected.
Hardware Malfuction.  Contact DJI support for repair.

Online support suggested send in for repair.

Anybody had similar problem.  After 2 weeks of waiting DJI said there is no problem with the drone.  I am confused and hope it will work when I get it back.
Will appreciate any input.    Thank you in advance.

IMG_4262.jpg
2017-3-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did happen to go into the HDMI module on the back the RC by any chance .  There are some ribbon cables in there that are very fragile and could have come loose .  Here is some information I found on other threads regarding this.
Have you recently opened the housing of your RC or replaced USB module with an HDMI module? If so, you may have damaged or loosened the ribbon cable that extends from the USB module to the Main Board inside the RC.  Or you may have damaged the ribbon cable connector on the Main Board - this is most likely if you opened the RC housing without first disconnecting the black ribbon cable from the USB module.

If the ribbon cable is loose, you may be able to reconnect it.  It the cable or the connector on the Main Board are damaged - you're done.

good luck

donnie
2017-3-16
Use props
ombravo
New
Ecuador

Hi, anybody got this problem solved, in my case I flew with no problems four months ago until today that I connected everything normally and found this message and the drone connects for like 5 seconds but no image signal and then disconnects, this is very strange. Thanks in advance for any advice
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ombravo Posted at 2017-10-25 17:45
Hi, anybody got this problem solved, in my case I flew with no problems four months ago until today that I connected everything normally and found this message and the drone connects for like 5 seconds but no image signal and then disconnects, this is very strange. Thanks in advance for any advice

Please tell me the model of your drone. When did it happen? Did you just update your devices? Please try to update again and keep us updated.
2017-10-25
Use props
ombravo
New
Ecuador

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-25 23:20
Please tell me the model of your drone. When did it happen? Did you just update your devices? Please try to update again and keep us updated.

Hi Elektra, I have a phantom 3 advanced:
Aircraft Model: W322 - Firmware: 1.11.20
RC Model: GL300A - Firmware: 1.9.2
DJI GO app: 3.1.18

When I first turned on the aircraft and rc since like 4 months ago (I kept it inside a case everything normal and untouched) the DJI Go app connects to the rc with no problem, the rc shows the green light but the app shows "no image transmission signal" for like 5 seconds and then "disconnected", then again the app looks like trying to connect but same message and disconnect on and on, the status shows the Deserializer Disconnected - Hardware malfunction message also.

After that I updated the aircraft to the last firmware with no problem, but the app at some time displayed that the rc needs upgrade to 1.9.3 and when I try upgrading from the phone it gets stucked at 89% after 2 minutes

I already tried turning on aircraft, rc and app in different order, I even used an old ipad air which had an older version of dji go but with the exact same behaviour, re linked the rc and aircraft but nothing.
The rc connects correctly the to aircraft according to its green light, i can even move the camera, but the app shows the same messaging connecting and disconnecting every 5 seconds.

Thank you very much for your help
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ombravo Posted at 2017-10-26 08:20
Hi Elektra, I have a phantom 3 advanced:
Aircraft Model: W322 - Firmware: 1.11.20
RC Model: GL300A - Firmware: 1.9.2

Please try to update your RC through the devices in the recommended list. You can try to reset your RC by pressing C1+C2 , recording button, the ISO shutter button and reopen the RC. Then update your RC again. If the problem still remains, please send it back.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules