Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Editing software
123Next >
127024 100 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MickyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4526535 ft
United Kingdom

I've downloaded all my video files to my PC. Any recommendations on easy to use video editing software.
Appreciate any advice, am very new to tis, so the simpler, the better, for me.
Thanks
2017-3-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

A lot of people like Adobe Premiere Pro, but it's a little pricey. I personally use Cyberlink PowerDirector, which is a bit more affordable and works well for me.
2017-3-16
Use props
NikolasB
lvl.2

Germany

Magix Video - easy and powerful
2017-3-16
Use props
MickyD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-16 03:03
A lot of people like Adobe Premiere Pro, but it's a little pricey. I personally use Cyberlink PowerDirector, which is a bit more affordable and works well for me.

Thanks for the prompt response, I'll check it out now.
2017-3-16
Use props
MickyD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NikolasB Posted at 2017-3-16 03:21
Magix Video - easy and powerful

Thanks for the prompt response, I'll check it out now.
2017-3-16
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Yeap, powerdirector 15 Ultimate, very powerful and easy but also has advanced functions too....

Link

One of my vids done with it...

2017-3-16
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Video Win Movie Maker ----- supper simple
2017-3-16
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I didn't want to have a recurring payment so I tried PowerDirector as well and it worked the best for 4K video of all the options I tried. Before that I was using Davinci but it just didn't work well for the 4K video (was fine for 1080p).

2017-3-16
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Best overall-package and workflow if 4k-editing is intended: Premiere Elements 15. Why ? Premiere Elements renders 4k at 100 MBit/s with least loss of quality, has perfect auto-optimizations (color, contrast etc.) and a full bunch of needful filters/FX/tracking etc. and is cheap (~ 100 bucks). Second choice: DaVinci Resolve 12, which is free, but rendering 4k is a catastrophy. Pinnacle Studio 20/Magix etc. are fine, but not so good for 4K at high bitrates (e.g. PinnacleStudio 4K max. 40 Mbit/s = immense quality loss)
2017-3-16
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I just use Filmora

https://www.wondershare.net/ad/v ... WJNWQi5saArVT8P8HAQ
2017-3-16
Use props
Timdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60702 ft
Guernsey

Filmora one off payment of like £50 and so much for your money
2017-3-16
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Everybody has the their favorite. Check the reviews and read about why certain software is better or worse.  Just reading that XYZ is great, isn't that helpful because we all have different aspects that are important to us.  See if the strengths and weaknesses are things that matter to you and go from there.  Cost is obviously a consideration as well. If cost were no issue, I'd go for Elements.
2017-3-17
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

DaVinci Resolve 12.5 best color correction, tracking tools and more. Best part its FREE!!!!Work with proxies as well

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
2017-3-20
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
lvl.4

Switzerland

To edit my videos, add titles, and apply some cute effects , I always use Viosk video creator .  This software can be successfully used by a newbie to video editing as well as by a video editor guru. With this tool, video editing has become a highly intuitive process.
2017-3-31
Use props
freelook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239862 ft
Russia

Is there any good editing software for Android?
2017-4-1
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

I'm also pretty new to video editing.  After comparing and contrasting between a few, I settled on Premiere Elements.  It isn't the best or most full featured, but it is easy to learn.  Right now, I'm more concerned with learning, and as far as I can tell the quality is still perfectly fine.  I figure I can always upgrade to different software down the road.
2017-4-1
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I have been using the Lightroom demo and I think I will be going with that it did take a little while to figure it all out but it's nice to have the cloud part if you want to work at 2 different computers
2017-4-1
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-3-16 03:29
Yeap, powerdirector 15 Ultimate, very powerful and easy but also has advanced functions too....

Link

I will second the recommendation of PowerDirector.  It worked for me after Davinci wouldn't work on my PC with better than 1080 video.
2017-4-1
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-4-1 05:42
I have been using the Lightroom demo and I think I will be going with that it did take a little while to figure it all out but it's nice to have the cloud part if you want to work at 2 different computers

Lightroom for video editing ?
2017-4-1
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

VAS67 Posted at 2017-4-1 08:31
Lightroom for video editing ?

I guess I haven't messed with it to much but I imported a video from the Mavic and it showed up and I could edit it.
2017-4-1
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I know it won't be the answer ou like, but consider changing your computer to a Mac. It will save you time, and lots of pain while editing/rendering your videos. I use Final Cut Pro X with a Mac Book Pro (not the a high end model) and it do the job flawlessly, anywhere you want.
2017-4-1
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-4-1 10:19
I know it won't be the answer ou like, but consider changing your computer to a Mac. It will save you time, and lots of pain while editing/rendering your videos. I use Final Cut Pro X with a Mac Book Pro (not the a high end model) and paid my investment

Mac is nice if don't want to setup a pc and jump right in. But a pc can be so much cheaper. There's no real debate on this. My intel x99 8 core broadwell cost me $1400 with the 4k monitor, video card, the whole rig ps, memory, case, heatsink, fans, everything. Overclocked to with adaptive power saving enabled, can edit and encode 4k video that beats anything apple. Found h.264 is only around 60% efficient encoding on 8 cores. You really only need 5.

Built a skylake quad last year that can do 4k also. But far as getting going, apple does everything. And laptops, it's apple.
2017-4-1
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Start with something simple that comes with your PC. If you're using Windows you could give Windows Movie Maker a try (not sure if it still has the same name and simplicity it had years ago), or iMovie if you have a Mac. If you run into the limitations of those apps you could check out some open source software, Adobe Premiere (which is now subscription based if I'm correct), or Final Cut Pro X (purchase once, but only runs on a Mac).

As for Lightroom: it does import the video, but it's not made for video editing. It's made for developing photo's and works wonder when shooting in RAW.
2017-4-1
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I'm a newbie and I have been using Wondershare Filmora . It took me a few youtube video's and now I'm editing my video's and they look good. Well good to me.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans848f2e4b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 291929 ft
United States

I'm with everyone else on Powedirector 15.  Very powerful, easy to use.
2017-7-13
Use props
djiuser_ziE4yUO
New

India

freelook Posted at 2017-4-1 01:53
Is there any good editing software for Android?

There are a lot of great Android apps for editing videos on a smartphone.  You can give a shot to Cyberlink Power Director, Kinemaster, FilmoraGo.
2017-8-20
Use props
djiuser_ziE4yUO
New

India

If you can spend for Adobe Premiere Pro, then go for it. It is an amazing video editing tool. It offers you a lot of tools within it. Apart from that, PowerDirector is another great tool for video editing. I also like Filmora from Wondershare. You can check other video editing software here

If you are Mac user, Final Cut Pro is the best option for you.
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_5onoLjl
New

India

Try Video Editor Master, it is an windows app with inbuilt video editing tools and available on Microsoft store
2017-8-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey droneflying - are you still using cyber link power director?
Does it have color correcting features?
Thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-3-16 05:40
I didn't want to have a recurring payment so I tried PowerDirector as well and it worked the best for 4K video of all the options I tried. Before that I was using Davinci but it just didn't work well for the 4K video (was fine for 1080p).

hey wolfgang - are you still using power director?
2017-8-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-21 08:59
hey wolfgang - are you still using power director?

Yes, I am. It has been working great for editing 4K video from the Mavic.
2017-8-21
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

I grabbed magix pro a few weeks ago it was on sale for £40.. works great for the 4k stuff. Simple too.
2017-8-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-21 11:58
Yes, I am. It has been working great for editing 4K video from the Mavic.

thanks wolfgang - appreciate yr reply
2017-8-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-21 22:23
thanks wolfgang - appreciate yr reply

Sure thing.   It's the best one I have tried and it's pretty easy to learn. There's a lot of good tutorials out there on it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Supermofo
New
Flight distance : 100052 ft

United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC77yogVKOTQDrrLnIK7SdLA

I use power director 10 and its plenty good enough for me, Computer specs are the problem when editing, Mines pretty crap so PD10 works well and is easy to use once you get the basics sorted

The link above will take you to my channel, Its not all drone footage, have a look through, Ive done all sorts of edits all using PD10
2017-8-25
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I use Filmora not to much to buy works well not to complex
2017-8-25
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I'll throw my two cents in for Lightworks. I was looking for something a little more advanced than other editors and Lightworks fit that bill. It took me a bit to get up to speed with it, but there are a ton of tutorials out there to help.

If you're just looking for something simple, this may be overkill. But if you want a professional level editor (this one has been used to produce Hollywood films) that is FREE for personal use, Lightworks will be hard to beat.

Again, just my opinion.
2017-8-25
Use props
RWBishop
lvl.1
United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-3-16 03:29

Link

wow, impressive flight control!
2017-8-25
Use props
Canmake
New

Hong Kong

I like apoweredit. It's super easy to use. I like its pip function and free elements.
2017-11-7
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

There are many video editor software that can help you edit your drone footages. But which is the best and free one? We gathered top 10 best free Drone Video Editor for beginners according to the editing features. You might be able to pick out the one you need. With the drone video editor below, you can edit all the drone videos.
Lightworks, Pavtube Video Converter, iMovie, Kdenlive, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Pro, AvideMux, Pavtube Media Magician, Cinelerra, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac.
2017-11-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules