Video Editing software
123Next >
127088 100 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon C.
lvl.2
Switzerland

I use personally Final Cut Pro X. I like it because it is very simple to use but let you do advanced things if you want.
2017-11-10
Use props
Frank2505
New

India

I prefer using some high end tool to edit videos as it allows you to edit with more controls. You may however need to compress the video as such videos are often of very large size. There are many tools to do so, but I simply recommend going with Vegas.
2017-12-21
Use props
alinajetly
New

India

Hey, try my favorite FREE video editor for Mac, the easiest video editing tool ever used.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJISparkie
lvl.4
Singapore

For Mac users, here's a quick tutorial to get started using iMovie:
2018-2-20
Use props
harald3
lvl.1

Sweden

Hej, had a similar question and looked through the replies, thanks!

Some more specific aspects: What is important for me (in order of importance) is:

a) Output quality of rendered movie (I render to Full-HD 1080p)
b) Fast pre-view and editing of 4k footage
c) Ease of use (I am a beginner)

I also wonder what export/render settings are recommended. I have a mavic air and capture in 29.97fps 4k, so far I use for the rendering: 1080p, H264 main profile, 29.97fps, 10Mbps but the quality with PowerDirector that I otherwise like is disappointing.

Input especially on what reasonable rendering settings are and how the encoding quality of the different softwares compare is super welcome!

Thanks
2018-4-2
Use props
harald3
lvl.1

Sweden

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-3-16 06:24
Best overall-package and workflow if 4k-editing is intended: Premiere Elements 15. Why ? Premiere Elements renders 4k at 100 MBit/s with least loss of quality, has perfect auto-optimizations (color, contrast etc.) and a full bunch of needful filters/FX/tracking etc. and is cheap (~ 100 bucks). Second choice: DaVinci Resolve 12, which is free, but rendering 4k is a catastrophy. Pinnacle Studio 20/Magix etc. are fine, but not so good for 4K at high bitrates (e.g. PinnacleStudio 4K max. 40 Mbit/s = immense quality loss)

Angelo, with my setup (Gaming Laptop, sorry too lazy to find all the details), Premiere Elements just doesn't provide fast enough preview and I need something that works with proxies. Still the output quality appears nice, so I am looking for a tool that is fast in pre-view and good in output quality, not really conflicting requirements I would say,. I don't mind waiting for the rendering.
2018-4-2
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey, I say it would all depend on how much editing/learning you want to do, what specs you have, and the price you are willing to spend on an editor.

Personally, I use Premiere Pro. If you sign up as a student, you get the whole 20 something apps for $20 monthly for a year including Photoshop, After Effects and Lightroom. One advantage to subscription-based service is you get every update that comes out. They just did one few says ago where the software will match the colors from one clip to another in a click.
2018-4-9
Use props
Hannan-NZ
New
United Kingdom

After reading all the suggestion and watching Youtube videos then I have chosen Filmora for a PC. I would say it is the best one for someone new like me who wants to creates and edits videos very easily. It was very simple and had everything I needed. Took me one hour or so to edit a video for the first time. Adding music, cutting, filters etc.. I do also use a VPS for streaming.

Thanks
2018-4-29
Use props
fans68fbc0ad
New

MickyD Posted at 2017-3-16 03:23
Thanks for the prompt response, I'll check it out now.

CAS-1862688-Z9J6Z2 Orer. Just got back today and. Remote does not paired with new drone, remote is missing button
2018-7-16
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

I m using GoPro Studio which is simple and straight forward
2018-7-16
Use props
MuuSer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5036 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

For quick results I use Magix Movie Edit Pro, but if I want achieve some special results, then HitFilm Pro is another software in my arsenal. From HitFilm there is also a free version – HitFilm Express - with almost the same possibilities as Pro. But yes – HitFilm requires some learning process as Magix Movie Edit is very instinctive and easy to use, but not free.
2018-7-17
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wolfgang is it a free version you use or the paid for version? Any suggestions for a free windows based piece of software?
2018-7-18
Use props
choochvicwas
New
Australia

ive just received my phantom 4 and great taking photos but when it comes to shoot video the screen goes blank  why that
2018-7-30
Use props
tinderlogan
New

India

try to know how to use kinemaster on pc by this link here. https://www.tinder-pc-download.c ... -free-download.html
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_cz613c3ii60L
New

Hi all...
Is there not a DJI app or program for pc that works like the mobile DJI GO 4 app? Where you can load and edit video from your micro sd card?
2018-9-4
Use props
Wlee2060
lvl.2

United States

As for the simple and easy-to-use video editing software, I strongly recommend this professional yet powerful video cutter called Joyoshare Media Cutter.  It can help cut a large video file into smaller pieces, remove the unwanted parts, join the video clips together, etc, without any original quality damage. You can get a free version to have a try.  It won't disappoint you.
2018-10-9
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27733 ft
Austria

I'm using VideoPad and it's really nice!
2018-10-10
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

I bought Pinnacle 22 Ultimate having used pinnacle products before.. Sadly It sucks a lot... Davinci Resolve is very powerful and FREE to use...
2018-10-11
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Windows Movie Maker simple but good if you find the last version before the finish of free download.
2018-10-13
Use props
Filipok
lvl.2
United States

I really like OpenShot.. and it's free. https://www.openshot.org/
2019-4-3
Use props
djiuser_wLSRZufNGTt3
New

United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-3-16 03:29
Yeap, powerdirector 15 Ultimate, very powerful and easy but also has advanced functions too....

Link

OMG dude!  Enough with the guy on the bike already! Most boring video I have ever seen in my life!
2019-4-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-1 10:50
Mac is nice if don't want to setup a pc and jump right in. But a pc can be so much cheaper. There's no real debate on this. My intel x99 8 core broadwell cost me $1400 with the 4k monitor, video card, the whole rig ps, memory, case, heatsink, fans, everything. Overclocked to with adaptive power saving enabled, can edit and encode 4k video that beats anything apple. Found h.264 is only around 60% efficient encoding on 8 cores. You really only need 5.

Built a skylake quad last year that can do 4k also. But far as getting going, apple does everything. And laptops, it's apple.

Good info. Price point on a PC that will edit 4k is MUCH lower than a Mac.
2019-4-13
Use props
Jericho January
New

United States

Here's some free video cutting program you can check on. I think these software are very easy-to-use for beginners.
https://www.tuneskit.com/video-cutting-tips/5-best-free-online-video-cutter.html

2019-6-18
Use props
jajarmy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162536 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

https://youtu.be/OIuswLYPN4I
Windows movie maker is free and easy to use
2019-6-25
Use props
gioman101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7903081 ft
United States

I use Final Cut Pro X very easy & sharp rendering!!
2019-6-27
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-3-16 03:29
Yeap, powerdirector 15 Ultimate, very powerful and easy but also has advanced functions too....

Link

Great video. Well done.
2019-6-29
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Filmora9 is a good choice for the price ($50). That's what I use for all my videos.
2019-7-2
Use props
CelticShadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144 ft
United Kingdom

DaVinci Resolve

One of the best 'free' editors on the market, it's professional grade software and despite the feature restrictions you can easily edit, grade and output good quality footage. Like all professional applications it doesn't hold your hands but there's plenty of tutorials on YouTube to get to grips with it. Current version is 15 but there's a beta 16 out for testing which brings some nice new features and much needed improvements.

The other great aspect of Resolve is that it's designed for performance, so if you have a GPU with an encode unit (such as NVenc) and a multi-core CPU then it will leverage all that hardware. The other aspect, it's about $300 or so to fully unlock the software if you needed the advanced features.
2019-7-7
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

I personall use, Wondershare Filmora for editing m videos, it has in my opinion (Rookie) easy to use LUTS, Colorr Correction and other features.  Give it a try.  It also has the ability to create Proxy Files to work on as well, if the device isnt up to highest of standards.
2019-7-9
Use props
anshulraletta
New

India

https://technologymoon.com/ best video editing software
2019-7-12
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

I use wondershare Fimora On an i5 Laptop with 12GB Of ram windows 7 64Bit
2019-7-12
Use props
Marry Anderson
lvl.1

Ukraine

This topic will never lose relevance!
2019-7-22
Use props
NikkiBella
New

United States

Hi,  you can try using RecoveryTool Video Editor. The a free and professional video editing software is designed to be easy to use even if you don’t have any experience with video editing.
2019-8-28
Use props
NikkiBella
New

United States

More: https://www.recovery-tool.com/recoverytool-video-editor.html
2019-8-28
Use props
Jane Smith
lvl.2

I'm using Joyoshare Media Cutter, easy to use with powerful features.

https://youtu.be/AsIDy-BmRzo
2019-9-5
Use props
tonyburgos
lvl.1

I agree with Magix Video - easy and powerful
2019-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Its worth putting some effort in and learning something a bit more complete like Davinci Resolve which is free.
2019-9-9
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>

Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 Ultra is both powerful and easy, with plenty of online videos to walk you through... Same applies to HitFilm (which has a Free version).
2019-9-13
Use props
Syed Talha
lvl.1

If you are a Beginner then goto Filmora. Its easy to use and really amazing
2019-9-15
Use props
Syed Talha
lvl.1

Also Try Adobe Premier Pro
2019-9-15
Use props