9353 74 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-21 06:44
If it's an old device then it may not have the processing power to operate the GO app.
Here is a list of recommended devices.

"Android: Samsung tabs 705c, "

Hello Ken,,

Is a Samsung Tab A compatible with 4GO app ?  The main reason I ask is with app ver.4.0.4 the tab A worked fine. After firmware and app update to ver.4.0.5 it now sporadically says "No signal". Thanks for any advice.

RAMJET-1
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-21 08:04
"Android: Samsung tabs 705c, "

Hello Ken,,

As firmware updates go on it can take more processing power, so if it's not on the DJI recommended list it may work, it may not, or it may partially work.
For a Tab A, I think you would need one of the recommended devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-3-21
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-21 08:32
As firmware updates go on it can take more processing power, so if it's not on the DJI recommended list it may work, it may not, or it may partially work.
For a Tab A, I think you would need one of the recommended devices.

Thanks for the reply Ken. It's kind of odd because my Huawei Raven phone is older, Android 4.4.4, Quad core 1.2GHz, RAM 1.0 GB, ROM 8GB. and it works flawless although I have not updated it to app V.4.0.5 . Still running V4.0.4 on my phone with the latest firmware update running on the Mavic Pro, with at least 18 flights and no issues at all.  The spec's for the Tab 'A"(2016) are Android 5.1.1, Quad core 1.5GHz,  RAM 1.5GB, ROM 8GB. The tab's processor is just a little stronger than my phones. I don't want to update my phone in fear that the app won't run smoothly. I've already invested around $1,900.00 in my setup and don't want to spend $200-&300 for another Tablet.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-21 09:13
Thanks for the reply Ken. It's kind of odd because my Huawei Raven phone is older, Android 4.4.4, Quad core 1.2GHz, RAM 1.0 GB, ROM 8GB. and it works flawless although I have not updated it to app V.4.0.5 . Still running V4.0.4 on my phone with the latest firmware update running on the Mavic Pro, with at least 18 flights and no issues at all.  The spec's for the Tab 'A"(2016) are Android 5.1.1, Quad core 1.5GHz,  RAM 1.5GB, ROM 8GB. The tab's processor is just a little stronger than my phones. I don't want to update my phone in fear that the app won't run smoothly. I've already invested around $1,900.00 in my setup and don't want to spend $200-&300 for another Tablet.

I understand. I use an iPad Air2 and a Mini3 and I love them.
2017-3-21
Use props
Malsua
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86959 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 05:03
By the way Ken and I seem to be the only ones running the Nvidia K1 shield without any Problems or Crashing with the GO$ app --- I hope my answer satisfies You ?

I downgraded my K1 to 6.0.1 from Nougat and all my crashing stopped.  I only have about 40 minutes flight since the downgrade, that said, I couldn't go 5 minutes when I was running nougat.

2017-3-21
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-3-16 08:48
When is DJI going to have this software support Samsung Galaxy S7, which Samsung has shipped 13.3 million units so far for consumers?

I have been using DJI GO 4 w/my Galaxy S7 Edge with success since December 2016. Is the non-Edge S7 different enough that GO 4 doesn't run on it?
2017-3-21
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
United States

At this point I would like to downgrade the app version on my tablet back to V.4.0.4 . At least I could use it again. Can this be done and if so where do I find the older version. Using DJI Assistant2 you can upgrade/downgrade firmware but why isn't there an option to downgrade the GO4 app to the last version prior to the latest version.  
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Malsua Posted at 2017-3-21 09:34
I downgraded my K1 to 6.0.1 from Nougat and all my crashing stopped.  I only have about 40 minutes flight since the downgrade, that said, I couldn't go 5 minutes when I was running nougat.

I think you'll have no more Problems until another update changes something
I'm gonna try to keep every thing the way it is ( I hope )
and Welcome to the club your only the 3rd. person I know now that is using the K1 Shield
IT'S AWESOME

2017-3-21
Use props
AliB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 517021 ft
United Kingdom

working great for me
2017-3-21
Use props
Malsua
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 10:04
and Welcome to the club your only the 3rd. person I know now that is using the K1 Shield

I'm quite happy with having the big tablet.  I bought one of those Hooshion tablet extenders and it works great.  The only thing I'm seeing with this tablet is that I can't figure out where the .TXT file of my flight record is.  I was able to find it with my Galaxy S5 when I used that, but I can't seem to locate it on this K1.  Not really an issue unless it gets lost or something.  Flight Data in the app seem to work, so it's probably somewhere...damned if I can find it.

2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Malsua Posted at 2017-3-21 15:22
I'm quite happy with having the big tablet.  I bought one of those Hooshion tablet extenders and it works great.  The only thing I'm seeing with this tablet is that I can't figure out where the .TXT file of my flight record is.  I was able to find it with my Galaxy S5 when I used that, but I can't seem to locate it on this K1.  Not really an issue unless it gets lost or something.  Flight Data in the app seem to work, so it's probably somewhere...damned if I can find it.

LoL --- If you do find out where the Flight Record .TXT is, let me know too

2017-3-21
Use props
Malsua
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 16:50
LoL --- If you do find out where the Flight Record .TXT is, let me know too

Is it not named that?  Am I missing something?  All the tutorials about uploading your flight record point to certain folders in Android and that there is a FlightRecord there.  It exists in my Samsung s5 in dji\dji.go.4\flightrecord\djiflightrecord....[17-21-35].text, but not in this K1.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Malsua Posted at 2017-3-21 17:11
Is it not named that?  Am I missing something?  All the tutorials about uploading your flight record point to certain folders in Android and that there is a FlightRecord there.  It exists in my Samsung s5 in dji\dji.go.4\flightrecord\djiflightrecord....[17-21-35].text, but not in this K1.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm unable to find it too !!!!!
I'll worry about it when I need it ----- I'm having to much fun now
2017-3-21
Use props
Egika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379593 ft

Hong Kong

The 4.0.6 on iOS does not load any satellite maps outside of China.
In the Flight Record I can zoom into any area I've flown within China and Taiwan.
But it would not load any satellite map e.g. in Germany or Malaysia...

@DJI: Please fix this!
2017-3-21
Use props
Eyesaround
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271010 ft
Argentina

Can anyone explain to me why am I seeing mine as 4.0.5 with no update available?
20170321_225456.png
2017-3-21
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-21 06:44
If it's an old device then it may not have the processing power to operate the GO app.
Here is a list of recommended devices.

NO that was not the problem. The problem was that I need to update the firmware to 4.4.2 android then it worked. It appears that for previous versions of Android it is simply not compatible
SOLVED
Sp1k3
2017-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sp1k3 Posted at 2017-3-25 07:54
NO that was not the problem. The problem was that I need to update the firmware to 4.4.2 android then it worked. It appears that for previous versions of Android it is simply not compatible
SOLVED
Sp1k3

Glad you got it sorted out.
2017-3-25
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Eyesaround Posted at 2017-3-21 17:58
Can anyone explain to me why am I seeing mine as 4.0.5 with no update available?

4.0.5 is the latest version for Android.
4.0.6 is the latest version for iOS.

2017-3-25
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-21 02:53
In regards to DJIGO4 V4.0.5 for Android. I have a Android phone (Huawei Raven) and a Galaxy Tab 'A' .  The GO4 V4.0.4 was working flawless on both devices. When DJI pushed out the 4.0.5 update I loaded it on the Galaxy Tab and now I can't use it because it constantly intermittently says "No Signal" during pre-flight or during flight. I do not have auto update enabled on my phone for certain app's so I never upgraded it to 4.0.5. and it is working great!!!!  With this being said, there is a problem with 4.0.5 update since I know for a fact that my SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab 'A' WAS working just fine before it updated to 4.0.5. DJI should push out 4.0.4  for all Android users to load and can downgrade firmware on MAVIC's.  until DJI engineering corrects the problem with the latest update V4.0.5. I don't use IOS so I don't know if the update 4.0.6 is stable or not.

I'm using a 7" Galaxy Tab 'A' (2016) Android ver. 5.1.1 Works without a problem with the GO3 app and yesterday was forced to update to the GO4 and have nothing but problems with it. Right from the time they came out with it up to and including the lastest update. Constant disconnects, lagging videos and complete cutouts. Was scared to even fly high or over water for the fear of losing the Mavic.
Here was my solution:  I went to www.apkmirror.com  and downloaded DJI GO 3.1.3 , uninstalled GO4 and reinstalled GO3.1.3 and turned off the auto-update for it.  
Once again I'm a Happy Camper and flying with confidence and no fear of something going wrong with the app or Mavic. I will be staying with this version until there is a definite fix on any newer apps (GO4)
2017-3-26
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-3-26 09:07
I'm using a 7" Galaxy Tab 'A' (2016) Android ver. 5.1.1 Works without a problem with the GO3 app and yesterday was forced to update to the GO4 and have nothing but problems with it. Right from the time they came out with it up to and including the lastest update. Constant disconnects, lagging videos and complete cutouts. Was scared to even fly high or over water for the fear of losing the Mavic.
Here was my solution:  I went to www.apkmirror.com  and downloaded DJI GO 3.1.3 , uninstalled GO4 and reinstalled GO3.1.3 and turned off the auto-update for it.  
Once again I'm a Happy Camper and flying with confidence and no fear of something going wrong with the app or Mavic. I will be staying with this version until there is a definite fix on any newer apps (GO4)

Thank you GungleJim for the info. Incidentally, Crazyhorse gave me the apkmirror info one day last week. I have reverted back to go4 version 4.0.4 on the Tab"A",  which is what I have on my phone. The video does lag somewhat but not bad. The only issue I have with the app is if I have cache locally turned on and I am videoing, it eventually starts freezing up and progressively gets worse to the point its terrible. Does this happen on your Tab "A" with the DJI GO version 3.1.3 app.???
2017-3-27
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

When is DJI going to have this software support Samsung Galaxy S7, which Samsung has shipped 13.3 million units so far for consumers?

I have been using the Mavic Pro with the Samsung S7 Phone since I got it in Nov.
2017-3-27
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-27 04:44
Thank you GungleJim for the info. Incidentally, Crazyhorse gave me the apkmirror info one day last week. I have reverted back to go4 version 4.0.4 on the Tab"A",  which is what I have on my phone. The video does lag somewhat but not bad. The only issue I have with the app is if I have cache locally turned on and I am videoing, it eventually starts freezing up and progressively gets worse to the point its terrible. Does this happen on your Tab "A" with the DJI GO version 3.1.3 app.???

No, that doesn't happen on mine with the Go 3.1.3  the only issue I had with cache is it fills quickly as it only wants to save to internal memory rather than the sd card and you get notifications that it is full and found it annoying. For that reason alone I have turned that feature off. You can limit the amount of space it uses in the settings.
Also some of the Intelligent Flight Modes are not in GO3 that are in GO4, the Home Lock and Course Lock, but I'll happily give them up to feel save while flying.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans45d028e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5332014 ft
Estonia

I have Sony Xperia Z3 Compact with android 6.0.1  and after dji go 4 4.0.4 upgrade I can't log in anymore to dji account, upgrade the drone and so on.  I can use the flying part, because it is the only thing that works. Some friends have the same problem. When the 4.0.6 for android will be available?
2017-3-27
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-3-27 10:41
No, that doesn't happen on mine with the Go 3.1.3  the only issue I had with cache is it fills quickly as it only wants to save to internal memory rather than the sd card and you get notifications that it is full and found it annoying. For that reason alone I have turned that feature off. You can limit the amount of space it uses in the settings.
Also some of the Intelligent Flight Modes are not in GO3 that are in GO4, the Home Lock and Course Lock, but I'll happily give them up to feel save while flying.

Well I deleted 4.0.4 last night and installed 3.1.3 version. Couldn't test it due to weather conditions, the kp scale was 6 on UAV forecast and it was 17 mph winds. I will test when I get off work if weather permits. One question regarding the downgrade... what firmware version are you running in the Mavic? I have the latest firmware and was curious if I should downgrade to the previous version using DJI Assistant2. Thank you.
2017-3-28
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-28 01:45
Well I deleted 4.0.4 last night and installed 3.1.3 version. Couldn't test it due to weather conditions, the kp scale was 6 on UAV forecast and it was 17 mph winds. I will test when I get off work if weather permits. One question regarding the downgrade... what firmware version are you running in the Mavic? I have the latest firmware and was curious if I should downgrade to the previous version using DJI Assistant2. Thank you.

I have the latest firmware install when GO3 told me to use GO 4.0.4 and then after uninstall GO4 and installed the GO 3.1.3   Have flwon a couple of short flights but weather isn't co-operating for me either.
2017-3-28
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

Since updating to both versions of GO3 and GO4, I've been facing issues with my Mavic.

First, Active Track is now useless for the most part: submenus for AT modes (Spotlight/Profile/Trace) can't be found, and the AC is so slow that even a snoozing turtle can escape the tracking. Serious, it can't keep up with me walking slowly anymore, whereas it used to follow me perfectly on my MTB before. It was very intuitive and solid, can't help but wonder HOW DJI managed to ruin that.

Second, I started to have app crashes (iOS only - iPhone 6S and a dedicated iPad Mini4) during flights. Never had a single crash before, and I'm flying DJI quads since 2013 so it must be something with the new apps as everything else is running fine.

I'm patiently awaiting a fix (hopefully) for those. At the same time I'm saddened that the latest GO3 won't connect anymore to my Mavic and P4P. Alas, I wasn't going to update, now regret  I did and I'm all over Charles Proxy and stuff trying to get an older GO3 version to install back on my iDevices, so far without much success.
2017-3-28
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132923 ft
Vietnam

Phantom 4 with Dji go 4 ver 4.0.6 on iOs (iphone 6s)
Gestures mode and terrain follow mode had been taken off the list

Anybody have any idea to bring back these features.??
2017-3-29
Use props
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477448 ft
Philippines

I can't download it to my iPod mini 2, reading the specification it compatible with IOS 9 or later, my iPod was on IOS 9, what shall I have to do?
2017-3-30
Use props
Bobby8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84774 ft
  • >>>
Bahamas

Im using a nvidia shield (android) and the go4 app ver. 4.0.5 keeps shutting down..
2017-4-7
Use props
fans7f42a200
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-21 10:04

4.. on k1 shield.. same experience of crashing with 7.x downgraded to 6.01 dji go 4 4.06 and mavic on 1.4 instead of 1.6...

using Litchi as my main flight program..

gh
2017-4-14
Use props
fishtremble
New
United States

Running my P4 with a k1 shield (using 6.0)  on dji go 4.0.4 and currently working flawlessly for me so not looking to jump into an update putting myself back at risk.  Only thing I found strange with my k1 is the only way the app works perfectly for me is to turn on remote and tablet then connect cables from tablet to remote before I power on bird.  Any other combination leads to vid freeze and app crashing.  Not complaining as at least I have a very stable solution and far better than having to shell out a bundle to Apple.  Hopefully just this one little change in order of operations helps a few shield owners out as I now have a solid dozen flights turning recorder on and off and snapping pics with zero problems.

Also did lock screen in landscape mode and I always use airplane mode on tablet.  Did not have to enable usb debugging.
2017-4-19
Use props
Darren_69
New

Canada

I'm going through my flight logs using Airdata and found that after GO 4 V4.0.4 I got a lot of "strong interfearence" warnings. Is there a wat to load the older version. Every upgrade brings more problems, with app crashing. I don't want the new firmware, that brings on more "wind warning" error messages.
2017-8-8
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I've been using GO 4 on my S7 Edge for some time.  Is it an S7 issue alone?
2017-8-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

Maybe when Samsung stop butchering the android OS out of all recognition and start deploying devices that are proper android ?
2017-8-8
Use props
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

That software is pure junk on Samsung S7
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules