A word to the wise:
1147 5 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneyBaloney
lvl.1

United States

This may have already been covered but, I just want to help make sure no one else makes the same mistake that I did.
Make sure you stop recording BEFORE you turn off your inspire.  I failed to that on my last flight (about an hour ago) and I lost the entire video clip that I was rolling.  In all it was only a few minutes of footage but.... it was some pretty sweet stuff and I'm afraid it's all lost.  Live and learn I suppose right?

2015-2-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I did that once and didn't loose my clip. I put the chip back into the camera and replayed it on the ipad so I knew it was there but then it wouldn't let me copy it but I could import the video straight from the chip into FCPX..... I don't make that mistake anymore..... Or haven't yet lol..... I'm human like everyone else hahaha

Mike
2015-2-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I have heard that if you put the micro SD back into the Inspire and take another short clip then you can resurrect the missing clip.   Worth a try if you haven't reformatted.
2015-2-24
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

This is correct, tried and tested a couple times.
2015-2-24
Use props
DroneyBaloney
lvl.1

United States

Well what'ya know.... I got the footage back!  Thanks jimhare and svencool!

Let's just hope I don't have to deal with that ever again. haha
2015-2-24
Use props
anhtuan.nguyen.
lvl.1

South Korea

I got this as well and from what I read and tried, you just need to put the sd card back, and power the Inspire 1 on for 30 seconds, it will automatically repaired damaged clip.
2015-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules