Download Maps for iOS
3242 6 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Since the release DJI go 4.0.5 some users are reporting the ability to download maps.  This new feature is different from map caching included in previous releases of the DJI Go 4 application.

Does anyone know if this new feature is supported in the iOS version of the DJI Go 4.0.5 application.

Donald Barar
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The map is working the same way as before for me.
2017-3-16
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

It doesn't appear to.   I downloaded  the latest go 4 to a android and ios device.    The map option wasn't given on the ios but was on the adroid
2017-3-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb2edd25e Posted at 2017-3-16 18:54
It doesn't appear to.   I downloaded  the latest go 4 to a android and ios device.    The map option wasn't given on the ios but was on the adroid

Hi Fans,

I have posted this question on Phantom Pilots and DJI Forums and have received numerous replies.  None of them remotely answered the question that I was asking.  You are the first to read, understand, and specifically answer the question that I asked.

Thank you so very much.

Donald Barar
2017-3-17
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

There is a "Cache Map in Background" on the iOS three dot menu that is not on the Android version.

I read that you make sure that is turned on, then expand the map and move around where you wish to fly. Do not turn off the iOS device, as the cache is cleared when powered down.

If anyone can verify this is how it works on iOS?

Thanks!

iOS Map Cache

iOS Map Cache
2017-3-17
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rparge Posted at 2017-3-17 09:53
There is a "Cache Map in Background" on the iOS three dot menu that is not on the Android version.

I read that you make sure that is turned on, then expand the map and move around where you wish to fly. Do not turn off the iOS device, as the cache is cleared when powered down.

Hi R,

What you are describing is map caching.  This has been a feature of DJI Go 4 since it's release (a potentially in previous versions of the application).  However, with the release of 4.0.5 a new feature was describing which allowed  for the downloading of a map in advance.  This is different then the caching that you described.

In an earlier response, "Fans" confirmed what I have suspected that downloading of maps is a feature only available on the Android version of the application.  If you are using iOS, then we only have map caching as you described.

Donald Barar
2017-3-17
Use props
Bone Saw
New

United States

That would be nice! Also anyone know how to have the map follow the 'arrow' of the drone when viewing in map mode? similar to when you use the gps feature of the map app on iOS? It stinks to have to zoom way out so that your 'arrow' doesn't fly out of the screen on a 'no image transmission RTH'
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules