First successful flight out of beginner mode!
3705 15 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choptlivah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 795633 ft
Canada

Just wanted to share my delight with my first flight today out of beginner mode.  Everything went incredibly well.  I had one quick scare while flying farther away that I lost GPS connection, but I remember to not panic, and very shortly after it came back and I flew it in for a landing.  All in all it was about a 15 minute flight and got some great footage of the tops of some bluffs out in the praries.
2015-2-24
Use props
gmhorse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455505 ft
United States

Congrats on the successful flight. Would love to see the video when you get it posted. Heres to many more successful flights. Cheers!
2015-2-24
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice same here yesterday though I had a few "No signal" and camera issues. (Also my 1st flights)
2015-2-25
Use props
connerinspired
lvl.1

United States

Had my first last Sunday.  I had a camera issue as well but the issue was that I was getting the feel of things and forgot to hit record.

2015-2-25
Use props
choptlivah
lvl.2
Canada

I went through a consistent stage of either forgetting to hit record, or forgetting to raise the landing gear up.  LOL  but now I'm getting better at remembering.  Had 3 very successful flights today and am getting more footage for the reel!  Cheers to all the flyers out there!
2015-3-9
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Sweet! I'm almost feeling the need to unlock but after the dreaded GPS signal dump today I'm not sure.
2015-3-9
Use props
choptlivah
lvl.2
Canada

Here's a video of my first few flights.
2015-3-10
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Newbie here also. Just got my Phantom 3 Thursday. Have a lot of experience with a Blade 350, but the Pilot App started me out in Beginner Mode and I can't seem to get that mode turned off.

Am I going to be forced to fly a minimum number of hours before I can disable Beginner Mode?
2015-5-9
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-10 09:56
Newbie here also. Just got my Phantom 3 Thursday. Have a lot of experience with a Blade 350, but the ...

I turned it off before my bird left the ground for the first time ...
2015-5-9
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

w1der Posted at 2015-5-10 13:38
I turned it off before my bird left the ground for the first time ...

Sounds like the App itself is balky in my case, then. Thanks for the feedback.
Enjoy!

Art
Leesburg, FL
2015-5-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-10 19:20
Sounds like the App itself is balky in my case, then. Thanks for the feedback.
Enjoy!

Are you connected to the bird when you are trying to change this setting ?
2015-5-10
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

w1der Posted at 2015-5-10 20:41
Are you connected to the bird when you are trying to change this setting ?

I think so, but I'll be more careful the next time! I started all wrong - turned my S5 onto airplane mode. My wife pointed out how to avoid interruptions without utilizing airplane mode. Part of my first problem was that airplane mode shuts off all networking - that probably caused me some initial problems.

Been toying with buying a tablet just to use for the Phantom.

Thanks for your comment - I'll be more cautious next time.
2015-5-10
Use props
markalanb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21480 ft
United States

I've run 7 flights now and am ready to get out of "Beginners Mode". I found the MX settings page and both "Distance Limit" and "Beginners Mode" show off. In fact, I can slide both switches to the on position, Green, and the stay only a few moments and return to the off position. Can anyone walk me through this?
2015-6-7
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good for you. How do I get the dji app off beginner mode? I flipped the switch but it switches back.
2015-7-20
Use props
Kyuubi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81250 ft
Nigeria

Hello, Can someone please tell me how to switch off my beginner mode, i need it to go further, probably not higher
2015-10-8
Use props
videomaker
lvl.2

Brazil

choptlivah Posted at 2015-3-11 04:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6PlgKtgAhY

Here's a video of my first few flights.

Lovely. First flights really? Very brave man. Using Iphone and all? nerves of steel...
2015-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules