Flying Indoors With The Inspire
3486 7 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joseyapo
lvl.1

United States

I'm looking for tips on flying the inspire 1 indoors.  I just tried it today for the first time and the Inspire 1 started to drift and sway by itself.  Are there any settings to adjust this?  I do realize I am an ameteur and have not practiced indor flights very much.  Flying outside with the GPS control is so easy, and I guess I assumed it would be about the same with the vision positioning system.  But, my bird starts moving all by itself.  Any tips are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
2015-2-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Don't fly over carpet or at least be prepared for it to drift and I've only flown inside just a handful of times and a floor and has a nice tight pattern has worked best for me. The pattern that's I guess small and close together but different seems to work really well with the optical flow sensor. That's just my experience. Hope this helps yea,

Mike
2015-2-24
Use props
ldavis
New

United States

I've flown mine indoors in a few different rooms, mostly over wood floors. Experience this drift all the time. It's not nearly as stable as outdoors with GPS. I really have to constantly adjust with the controls otherwise it could drift off into something. Wish there was more on this topic.
2015-3-5
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

Flow the Inspire indoor with no problem,but you have to control it very,very gently.This machine is fast so it's quickly out of control.If you have the opportunity to fly it through a wide open door then I suggest do this and start by going slowly inside and if you feel not comfortable go back outside.
Take your time and do not forget to set your RTH to 1mtr(3 feet).And switch to ATTI will help also.
Good luck
2015-3-6
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

How about an ice rink?
2015-3-15
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft
United States

don't fly above 8 feet,  and maybe practice free flying with a small inexpensive drone!  It worked for me!
2015-4-18
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft
United States

and make sure to set RTH lower than your ceilings !
2015-4-18
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

dentin11 Posted at 2015-4-19 11:52
and make sure to set RTH lower than your ceilings !

Without GPS (indoors) pretty sure there is no RTH!  
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules