No satellite map when moving away from wireless network
813 3 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Why do I lose my satellite map images on the pro + controller when I move away from my wireless network? Even if I pre cache the satellite map at home it does not reappear when flying at a different location. All I get is a poor map image with roads but little else. Also the option for cellular network is greyed out.
My Mavic Pro works fine caching maps and if I use my Airpad 2 on a separate Phantom 4 Pro remote controller everything works fine but not if I use the built in screen and remote controller.
Whay am I doing wrong?

2017-3-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What do you mean by "poor map image with roads"?

Do you mean you get a road map but not a satellite image?  If so, you should be able to toggle that by touching an icon on the map.

Do you mean the image is blurry?  If so, you should recache the maps but this time zoom in and out of the areas you are flying.  
2017-3-17
Use props
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

I know how to toggle between the various map options and how to zoom in when looking at the composite satellite image but as soon as I go out away from a wireless connection all I see in the map window is a type of base map with roads but no detail eg coastline or other ground features. I believe it has something to do with the change in mapping provider that dji have now used. Please revert to google earth or google maps.This appears to be a fault in the android system that dji useson the built inscreen on the phantom 4 pro plus.Everythi g is ok if Iuse my other RC withmy air2.
2017-3-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I don't believe you are doing anything wrong, it is simply a limitation of the built-in screen. And yes, the cellular option will be greyed out because the built-in screen has no cellular connection ability.

2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules