Canadian Drone laws caused by "MDD"
1918 16 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

NEW Canadian Drone laws don't make sense.

I think they should ban cars from driving within 75 meters of another car. They should not be allowed in cities or or within 75 meters of people. Cars are the number one killer of people in the world. They cause more damage to other cars than anything technology has ever created. Guns and all the wars combined kill less people than cars.
How many people have drones killed in the world to date?  "0"
How many people have cars killed? "MILLIONS and climbing daily" It's far more intelligent to phone 911 if you see a car driving down the road than a drone in the sky.
What a waste of precious 911 resources!!! Marc Garneau is really spaced out on this one. This the first politician that I have to admit is on a drone hate agenda and out of touch with reality. The regulations for Airports was already in place and that is where the concern should be, not in your own backyard. The threat ratio to the regulation ratio is blown way out of proportion.
It's easy for people that do not have a drone to hate them. It's a trend fueled by media reports not accident reports.
The trend now is to hate drones and phone 911 if you spot one. WHAT????
What are our politicians training it's citizens to do? Have they gone power mad with their hatred of an innocent hobby that has not killed a single person?
Sure give someone a rock and even that can be abused. Lets regulate rocks over 300 grams! But wait.... rocks don't kill, people do.
The last set of regulations that were set in place already had all the safety problems address. The only regulation that should be added which they didn't was to register your drone with transport Canada and put your registration number on your drone. Now that makes sense. How many cars have the owners name on the outside of the vehicle? Only business owners who want to advertise.
This Government would rather regulate drones out of existence and with the other hand regulate POT into everyone hands..... like we really need another threat to our already dangerous highways.
The scales of justice are way out of balance when it comes to these new drone regulations verses the threat level.

What kind of a country do we live in when it’s top politicians tell it’s citizens to phone 911 when they see a drone?
I tell you, they have MAD DRONE DISEASE “MDD” and need to be quarantined. It’s already out of control.

2017-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sad days for SUA enthusiasts, draconian laws...
2017-3-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Canadians need to realize that all politicians especially career politician create the very problems and then lay claim later on to have fix them --- Why ? --- cause I guess they have to justify there very existence in government.
Like you said, there are more important matters that they should deal with but those are too hard so they pick on something simple like --- DRONES ---Your politicians need to take there heads out of there butts and the people of Canada need to come out of the box that they were put in by them.  
2017-3-17
Use props
RWalrond
New
Canada

LOL, just bought a Mavic, haven't even had my first flight yet. Looks like unless it's in my living room it will never fly in this country.
2017-3-17
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RWalrond Posted at 2017-3-17 05:20
LOL, just bought a Mavic, haven't even had my first flight yet. Looks like unless it's in my living room it will never fly in this country.

It sounds like Canada must be  such a crowded country that flying outdoors is practically lethal.
You should look at google earth instead like nice people do.
2017-3-17
Use props
Bunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89898 ft
Canada

sad day... but what can you do. Go north 20 -45 mins youll be ok. May even find some fresh air lol.... (all sarcasm)
2017-3-17
Use props
Deepfreeze
lvl.4
Canada

It's purely a privacy issue. People see a drone and think they are being spied on. It makes no sense that a fine for flying a drone within 200ft of a house or person will net you a fine larger than getting a dui ..... because drones kill more people than drunk drivers.
2017-3-17
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

They even have a dude flying a Mavic shown on this document.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/docum ... nal_drone_users.pdf
2017-3-17
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our hobby has virtually no association, union, lobbying or political presence. For this reason, the other "team" will always get what they want.
2017-3-17
Use props
RMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93215 ft
Canada

That's quite the rant. What's your point?  see -> http://www.copanational.org/files/TCMinister_Drones.pdf
2017-3-17
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

4wd Posted at 2017-3-17 05:33
It sounds like Canada must be  such a crowded country that flying outdoors is practically lethal.
You should look at google earth instead like nice people do.

Ever fly a drone in the forest? My area of Canada is trees, lakes, oceans and cities. All federal Parks are no fly zones for drones. Nice people fly their drone looking at their google earth? I am a nice person but I can no longer fly my drone without fear of someone calling 911. If someones see's my drone unless they have binoculars I am to close to people or their vehicles and breaking the law.

You think this is trivial, wait till tough regulations hit the UK and your freedoms are eroded.
2017-3-17
Use props
RMan
lvl.4
Canada

Ceiling used to be 400ft now its 300. 250ft from other peoples property has always been prudent. 5.6 miles from an airport, used to be 5. The 1640ft from pilot is a problem but they might be persuded to increase. This an interim rule pending the final law. Can live with most of it.
2017-3-17
Use props
RMan
lvl.4
Canada

RMan Posted at 2017-3-17 15:26
Ceiling used to be 400ft now its 300. 250ft from other peoples property has always been prudent. 5.6 miles from an airport, used to be 5. The 1640ft from pilot is a problem but they might be persuded to increase. This an interim rule pending the final law. Can live with most of it.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroo ... model-aircraft.html
2017-3-17
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

I'll assume you meant hobby drones as US predator drones kill people all the time. Your comment about 0 people killed is completely false.  If you do a google search you will find that an 11 year old girl was killed when a Hobbyist lost control of his model plane and it hit her on the head.  There was also a very skilled helicopter pilot performing acrobatics when the aircraft bucked towards him and decapitated him.  There are many reports of injuries as well long before the TC introduced the interim laws.
2017-4-17
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

The reality is that there will always be accidents. Cars kill people, planes crash, Buses crash, trains derail, Cruise liners and boats sink. we dont ban those or put in stupid rules telling people to stay away from those! now do we?
2017-4-17
Use props
fans7eb9c9c6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 599944 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Theres actually pretty strict laws regarding automobiles...

In Norway it is forbidden to fly 150m close to cars, people, houses etc. so your weakly 75m is easy to live with.
2017-4-17
Use props
Bijengum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166804 ft
Australia

fans7eb9c9c6 Posted at 2017-4-17 14:34
Theres actually pretty strict laws regarding automobiles...

In Norway it is forbidden to fly 150m close to cars, people, houses etc. so your weakly 75m is easy to live with.

You get what you vote for. Vote lefties and you get more and more big government trying to control every aspect of your life.
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules