Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which SD card do you recommend for a DJI Mavic?
15144 17 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United States

So im sure there are one a lot of threads on this but i can find a definitive.  

On the specs it says a Max of 64GB

I have seen some recoemmend the Sandisk Extreme Plus and others the Lexar 1800x?

What do you use ? How many would you get through reguarly?

2017-3-17
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

I think the best card for the price is sandisk extreme 32 GB and buy two of them.
2017-3-17
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

You can try Scandisk Extreme 64gb will be good. Notice a drone logo at the top

2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

I use the SanDisk Extream Pro 64GB

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-E ... k+64+gb+sd+card+pro
2017-3-17
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-17 06:39
I use the SanDisk Extream Pro 64GB

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-MicroSD-Memory-SDSQXXG-064G/dp/B01LRXI59Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489761527&sr=8-2&keywords=sandisk+64+gb+sd+card+pro

Hey, I know you're a tech guru.... what's the main difference between the SanDisk Extreme and Extreme Pro? Thanks
2017-3-17
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I'm running with a SanDisk ExtremePro 128 GB without any problems.  The Mavic formatted and works well with this card.
2017-3-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-3-17 06:46
I'm running with a SanDisk ExtremePro 128 GB without any problems.  The Mavic formatted and works well with this card.

Approved ! It´s a dream not to have to change the mSD on a film-trip every 6th flight and the more footage You can record the more usable material You will have !
2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

81SFORLIFE Posted at 2017-3-17 06:45
Hey, I know you're a tech guru.... what's the main difference between the SanDisk Extreme and Extreme Pro? Thanks

There isnt much other difference other than the read and write speeds being a little faster. PS im not Guru.
2017-3-17
Use props
quadflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184649 ft
Germany

Hi, the mavic can only handle max. 60Mbit/s for Videos and that means you will need a SD-Card that can write 7,5mb/s. A SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro is not necessary. I use a ovi-card from china and works great (can write 25mb/s).

greetings
Jan
2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

quadflyer Posted at 2017-3-17 08:14
Hi, the mavic can only handle max. 60Mbit/s for Videos and that means you will need a SD-Card that can write 7,5mb/s. A SanDisk Extreme or Extreme Pro is not necessary. I use a ovi-card from china and works great (can write 25mb/s).

greetings

Except when you are uploading to your computer. Also I use my cards between a Canon 5D iii and Canon 80D. So i always opt for the better card.
2017-3-17
Use props
quadflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184649 ft
Germany

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-17 08:24
Except when you are uploading to your computer. Also I use my cards between a Canon 5D iii and Canon 80D. So i always opt for the better card.

that's right, but nearly every sd-card can be read faster than be written. My Ovi can read with 50Mb/s and and write up to 25mb/s.
2017-3-17
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

See the differences in this post -> http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=87379&pid=718784&fromuid=44480
The write speed is the number to pay attention to.......
2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-17 12:12
See the differences in this post -> http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=87379&pid=718784&fromuid=44480
The write speed is the number to pay attention to.......

pretty much every one of those are fast enough.
2017-3-17
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Flyboyz Posted at 2017-3-17 05:59
You can try Scandisk Extreme 64gb will be good. Notice a drone logo at the top

+1 on the drone symbol. I'm so far behind the 8 ball on media cards.
2017-3-17
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

One is for Pros.
2017-3-17
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

All kidding aside.  Here's the difference: the 'pro' version is spec'd at roughly 2x that of the Extreme version (both in Read and Write speeds).  Back in the day when Sandisk's Extreme and Pro first came out the ONLY difference was that the Pro version had a 10 yr warranty and the Extreme was 5 yrs; also the Pro came with data recovery software; for all these 'extras' they charged about double for it.  Now they are differentiated only by these specs (and maybe the Pro has Lifetime warranty vs 10yrs; not sure). Given the Mavics' lower data rates when in 4K, Extreme is perfectly good so save some some cash.    To be honest, I've been at this a long time with digital vid/photography and can say that Write speeds really don't matter much for capturing video as the mavic has the full record time to write the video.  Where Write speeds become crucial is when taking pictures- only only specifically when you are doing sports photography at say greater than 5 frames per second.  For example when shooting in RAW format, file sizes can be upto 20MB or larger...so if you need to shoot 5 Fps, that's 100MB/s write speed before the camera craps out and this EXCEEDS the Sandisk Extreme Pro's spec Write @ 60 MB/S; so you can only get 3 pictures per second in this scenario, But the Pro will give you 100MB/s and will capture the full burst.

In short, Extreme is perfectly suited to the Mavic.  The Extreme is about 10x faster than the Mavic requires (max datarate of 60 Mbps = 4.5 MB/s, vs 60MB/s in the card). However the Mavic states that it can shoot upto 7 Fps; possible at full resolution with the Extreme Pro but NOT the Extreme (5 only here); not a big deal at all as you can just drop the image size down a bit and get your 7 Fps if you want...
2017-3-17
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-3-17 20:22
All kidding aside.  Here's the difference: the 'pro' version is spec'd at roughly 2x that of the Extreme version (both in Read and Write speeds).  Back in the day when Sandisk's Extreme and Pro first came out the ONLY difference was that the Pro version had a 10 yr warranty and the Extreme was 5 yrs; also the Pro came with data recovery software; for all these 'extras' they charged about double for it.  Now they are differentiated only by these specs (and maybe the Pro has Lifetime warranty vs 10yrs; not sure). Given the Mavics' lower data rates when in 4K, Extreme is perfectly good so save some some cash.    To be honest, I've been at this a long time with digital vid/photography and can say that Write speeds really don't matter much for capturing video as the mavic has the full record time to write the video.  Where Write speeds become crucial is when taking pictures- only only specifically when you are doing sports photography at say greater than 5 frames per second.  For example when shooting in RAW format, file sizes can be upto 20MB or larger...so if you need to shoot 5 Fps, that's 100MB/s write speed before the camera craps out and this EXCEEDS the Sandisk Extreme Pro's spec Write @ 60 MB/S; so you can only get 3 pictures per second in this scenario, But the Pro will give you 100MB/s and will capture the full burst.

In short, Extreme is perfectly suited to the Mavic.  The Extreme is about 10x faster than the Mavic requires (max datarate of 60 Mbps = 4.5 MB/s, vs 60MB/s in the card). However the Mavic states that it can shoot upto 7 Fps; possible at full resolution with the Extreme Pro but NOT the Extreme (5 only here); not a big deal at all as you can just drop the image size down a bit and get your 7 Fps if you want...

correction in the above.  In " before the camera craps out and this EXCEEDS the Sandisk Extreme Pro's spec Write @ 60 MB/S;"  I obviously meant 'Extreme' not "Extreme Pro' here...
2017-3-17
Use props
StillnMotion
New
United States

Anything Sandisk Extreme and up... I preferably go for the Pro or the Extreme plus
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules