DJI SHOULD SPEAK UP ( NEWS DRONE LAW IN CANADA )
12Next >
4452 50 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
Canada

DJI should speak up abouth NEW DRONE LAWS in Canada
or the sales of drones will drop dramatically in CANADA
IMG_0678.PNG
2017-3-17
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I just got mine last Sunday. Zero flights so far
2017-3-17
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI did speak up, regarding the weight FAA requirement on the copters and got slammed for being big headed.
2017-3-17
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-17
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is just so sad. A technology suppression in action.
P.S. I foresee plenty of cheap Phantoms on Ebay from Canada.
2017-3-17
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Looking at these rules they are exactly the same as the rules for UK drone hobby flyers, and the same as in Australia, and most places in the US so dont feel to hard done by. Your max alititude is a little less that we are allowed in the UK at 122 metres.
2017-3-17
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

I saw this in the paper today and was shocked that Canada was so strict.  I thought Canada was a progressive country.
2017-3-17
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-3-17 06:50
This is just so sad. A technology suppression in action.
P.S. I foresee plenty of cheap Phantoms on Ebay from Canada.

Might be worth buying several at one time and shipping them elsewhere.

2017-3-17
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-3-17 07:20
Looking at these rules they are exactly the same as the rules for UK drone hobby flyers, and the same as in Australia, and most places in the US so dont feel to hard done by. Your max alititude is a little less that we are allowed in the UK at 122 metres.

Australia is not restricted in height everywhere.  Canada's laws are far stricter.
2017-3-17
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

If all drone enthusiasts contacted their MP we could possibly get sensible rules implemented.

You can find your MP contact details here.  http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlIn ... erByPostalCode.aspx

Please also CC Marc Garneau (Transport Minister) on your communication.  marc.garneau@parl.gc.ca
2017-3-17
Use props
Draiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

Found this.... Thought it was appropriate....
Infographic-New_rules_for_recreational_drone_users.jpg
2017-3-17
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Draiter Posted at 2017-3-17 08:19
Found this.... Thought it was appropriate....

That's great! I am saving this meme.
2017-3-17
Use props
Draiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-3-17 08:29
That's great! I am saving this meme.

Yes.... Photoshop is your friend. LOL
2017-3-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would move.  
2017-3-17
Use props
LackedMule1217e
lvl.1

Canada

It is really a bummer. Night shots would have been great.
But they did say that the real regulations are coming in June and how the police is currently not enforcing the current orders to the fullest extent.
Fingers crossed for lighter restrictions in the future.
2017-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantom 4 pro Posted at 2017-3-18 04:41
Drone Manufacturers Alliance Responds to Canada’s “Sudden” Drone Laws     Thats a GOOD NEWS )

The Drone Manufacturers Alliance, an organization representing manufacturers of most recreational drones produced, said that they believe the new rules “will provide only a negligible increase in safety while sharply curtailing the ability of Canadians to explore, photograph their country, and teach their children about science and technology. ”

Drone pilots and drone communities need to wake up and start doing something about these draconian rules and regs,

The reason these rules are being brought in unopposed is the drone communities have been backwards in coming forwards, drone communities need to put their case forward spelling out the rules that will keep general public and aviation safe, and what they propose to do about insuring that as a community , they can operate with safety and proper concern for all groups who are concerned with safety privacy and any other issues they might have.

I think some sort of license testing should be brought forward by drone hobbyists and enthusiasts to show they are capable of flying safe at reasonable heights and distances, if you don't want to bother with sitting a test or have no need for it, then you can fly under the strict rules set out.

But I can't see this happening unless drone communities take the initiative set out proposed rules that they think are fair for qualified pilots, and come to the table with a proper safety programme set out by them and how they would like this implemented.
2017-3-18
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

German airline LUFTHANSA has initiated  a programm to work with drone pilots, free training for recreational users, certificate and so on.
It's in their best interest that drone pilots have knowledge and fly responsible.

I find that a good approach if drone communities interact with a major airline.
It builts up trust and shows the public that we are acting responsible.

SafeDrone by Lufthansa Technik
2017-3-18
Use props
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-18 07:22
German airline LUFTHANSA has initiated  a programm to work with drone pilots, free training for recreational users, certificate and so on.
It's in their best interest that drone pilots have knowledge and fly responsible.

Thats cool
2017-3-18
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well Canada is now bottom of the places I want to visit again!
2017-3-18
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Don't the rules mean that if you fly between 75m and 90m, you can fly wherever you want, apart from airports and forest fires?
2017-3-18
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-17 08:17
If all drone enthusiasts contacted their MP we could possibly get sensible rules implemented.

You can find your MP contact details here.  http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlIn ... erByPostalCode.aspx

Just did. I hope everyone here from Canada does the same. This essentially makes us all criminals. Crazy!!
2017-3-18
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Changes start with voting...  remember next time!  Western democracy is a joke.  Once the politicians are voted in you are out, DONE!  The majority vote them in and afterwards the minority (politicians) make the rules... and a lot of stupid one too.
2017-3-18
Use props
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Canada

GOOD NEWS )
IMG_0705.JPG
2017-3-18
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Was so proud to be Canadian.
Rules went overboard, needed better rules for the idiots, but this went too far.
I actually got a little depressed, I constantly watch the weather for when I can fly safely.
2017-3-18
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

For what ever it's worth, here is a link to the petition that is circulating.
https://www.change.org/p/marc-ga ... utm_medium=copylink
2017-3-18
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-3-18 11:21
For what ever it's worth, here is a link to the petition that is circulating.
https://www.change.org/p/marc-garneau-allow-responsible-hobbyists-to-work-with-transport-canada-to-make-regulations-around-fpv?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Thanks man
2017-3-18
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

its literally easier to buy a gun in Canada than it is to fly my freaking 450 gram racing quad that will fit in two palms
2017-3-18
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Michael M Posted at 2017-3-18 12:07
its literally easier to buy a gun in Canada than it is to fly my freaking 450 gram racing quad that will fit in two palms

Yeah - the gun lobby is very powerful.
In the US no one can make politics against them, Obama tried and failed.

Something like the NRA is needed - the NDA!
NATIONAL DRONE ASSOCIATION!
2017-3-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Those Canadian laws are so ill-conceived and nebulous, that it will only take one serious lawyer to take them on in a court case and they will be defeated.
2017-3-18
Use props
fans1c64a935
New

Canada

i signed the petition but am selling off what i have, been flying for years and knew this day was coming when the general populace ruins the hobby just like everything else. this government crap takes ages to get sorted out and am not expecting a resolution anytime soon. funny enough people have started bitching at me for flying it in public areas and telling me its illegal just recently when dji and other companies started to release ready to fly drones, before this i only got people coming up and saying "this is so cool" "wow" etc

sad thing is that its a tiny amount of people causing these problems
2017-3-18
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The so called "new" rules are not new at all, with the exception of 90 m height limit, too draconian perhaps. The list of restrictions reflects very basic approach for recreational drone piloting, known to any responsible hobbyist since the very beginning of this social phenomenon. Thing is it's official now, finally in form of government document. Anybody sane enough should expect such rules to be articulated sooner or later. Only a complete moron would question the reasoning behind ...
2017-3-18
Use props
fansc06c05ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410623 ft
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-17 06:22
I just got mine last Sunday. Zero flights so far

Bless you, you are a good citizen.
2017-3-18
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

Same here in Austria
2017-3-19
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-17 07:45
Australia is not restricted in height everywhere.  Canada's laws are far stricter.

We're restricted to 120m in controlled airspace and we can't fly within 5.5km of airports, police stations or hospitals. No flying within 30m of people, buildings, roads. No flying over busy parks, beaches, sporting events and so on. basically if it falls out of the sky it shouldn't land on anyone or damage anything.
Where I live under the revised rules back in october I can now fly at 500m which is awesome I might add.
2017-3-19
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-19 01:07
We're restricted to 120m in controlled airspace and we can't fly within 5.5km of airports, police stations or hospitals. No flying within 30m of people, buildings, roads. No flying over busy parks, beaches, sporting events and so on. basically if it falls out of the sky it shouldn't land on anyone or damage anything.
Where I live under the revised rules back in october I can now fly at 500m which is awesome I might add.

Yup easy to download the PDF in Australia.

http://www.airservicesaustralia. ... ontrolled-airspace/
2017-3-19
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

Managed to fly legally yesterday, but went for a huff and puff trek through the deep snow first to get to the space zoinks, must be getting old hehehe.
So doable but a pain in the arse.
2017-3-19
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-19 03:11
Yup easy to download the PDF in Australia.

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/services/unmanned-aerial-systems-in-controlled-airspace/

https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft ... ng-drones-australia
2017-3-19
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Not only DJI but every single drone manufacturer is going to get a big hit in sales after these new regulations. Well, I got my P4 last Sunday and I never had a chance to fly  a minute yet as I have a not working RC.
I don't know what DJI can do, they can't advocate on our behalf.  
2017-3-19
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Canada

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-19 08:36
Not only DJI but every single drone manufacturer is going to get a big hit in sales after these new regulations. Well, I got my P4 last Sunday and I never had a chance to fly  a minute yet as I have a not working RC.
I don't know what DJI can do, they can't advocate on our behalf.

Hopefully that  petition will heps a bit)
https://www.change.org/p/marc-ga ... utm_medium=copylink  
https://www.change.org/p/marc-ga ... b4wYjY4YTRjZQ%3D%3D

2017-3-19
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

tiscali Posted at 2017-3-18 09:27
Don't the rules mean that if you fly between 75m and 90m, you can fly wherever you want, apart from airports and forest fires?

Short answer - No

The 75m is a lateral distance not absolute.

Here in Australia it is 30m.
2017-3-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules