DJI SHOULD SPEAK UP ( NEWS DRONE LAW IN CANADA )
4479 51 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

tiscali Posted at 2017-3-18 09:27
Don't the rules mean that if you fly between 75m and 90m, you can fly wherever you want, apart from airports and forest fires?

Short answer - No

The 75m is a lateral distance not absolute.

Here in Australia it is 30m.
2017-3-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Michael M Posted at 2017-3-18 12:07
its literally easier to buy a gun in Canada than it is to fly my freaking 450 gram racing quad that will fit in two palms

Interesting. Perhaps you Canadians are missing an opportunity here then. How about mounting a gun on your drone and then re-classifying it as a 'mobile hunting aid' or similar?

But that a poor attempt to lighten up this obvious knee-jerk of the unenlightened Canadian bureaucrats. Hopefully the petition may help to raise awareness and encourage the government to take a more balanced and liberal approach.
2017-3-19
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-19 14:45
Interesting. Perhaps you Canadians are missing an opportunity here then. How about mounting a gun on your drone and then re-classifying it as a 'mobile hunting aid' or similar?

But that a poor attempt to lighten up this obvious knee-jerk of the unenlightened Canadian bureaucrats. Hopefully the petition may help to raise awareness and encourage the government to take a more balanced and liberal approach.

Will be cool )
2017-3-21
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

That modified Enjoy your Drone in Canada regs was funny, I laughed my head off. I just heard that Canada issued another law, drones can not be flown over trees or within 100 meters of a tree, nor can drones be flown over insects.
2017-3-21
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

The protesting worked! Canada has modified the law.
Rules.jpg
2017-3-21
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Well, at least you got to use it! Here in Sweden it's totally forbidden!
2017-3-22
Use props
UKIEMAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
Canada

http://www.nodecampaign.org                Node, the first drone pilots advocacy group in Canada   
IMG_0720.PNG
2017-3-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Dioden Posted at 2017-3-22 10:40

Sweden considers camera drones to be surveillance devices. Hard do believe.
2017-3-22
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Dioden Posted at 2017-3-22 10:40

Really? I thought I saw some drone video's posted from Sweden recently.
2017-3-22
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

P4P+ Posted at 2017-3-22 22:13
Sweden considers camera drones to be surveillance devices. Hard do believe.

Totally agree, stupid rules
2017-3-23
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-22 22:52
Really? I thought I saw some drone video's posted from Sweden recently.

Could be, I dunno. I sure don't want to take that chance, I have a coupple of drones and I want to keep them, I have a few vids myself on Youtube but they are not new.
2017-3-23
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-17 08:17
If all drone enthusiasts contacted their MP we could possibly get sensible rules implemented.

You can find your MP contact details here.  http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlIn ... erByPostalCode.aspx

received a reply from our transport minister today.

Mr. Rob Sinfield
Rob.Sinfield@removed.com

Dear Mr. Sinfield:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the recent Interim Order on new rules for operating unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

The safety of aviation and people on the ground is one of Transport Canada’s top priorities.  The Interim Order in question was introduced in response to a growing number of reported UAV incidents and associated hazards to the general public.  The rules set out new restrictions for recreational UAV operations only.  Existing rules pertaining to the commercial use of UAVs remain unchanged.

In the case of a violation of the Interim Order, Transport Canada Enforcement Inspectors and local law enforcement officials will conduct an investigation and exercise discretion in taking enforcement actions.

I should note that the Interim Order is a temporary measure to address increasing risks until a more comprehensive set of regulations can be put in place.  There will also be an additional opportunity for Canadians to provide input on the proposed regulations once they are published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, in the coming months.  I would encourage you to provide your views and concerns as part of that process.

I would invite you to visit Transport Canada’s website at http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/drone-safety.html for information on the department’s activities with respect to UAVs.

Again, thank you for writing.

Yours sincerely,

The Honourable Marc Garneau, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Transport

c.c.       Mr. Arnold Chan, M.P.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules