2941 11 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Hi,

For some reason the compass on my P3P will not calibrate.  I push the "calibrate" button, I get a confirmation dialogue, hit "ok" but then nothing happens.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

DC
2017-3-17
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

Try to remove dji go app and then install it again.
2017-3-17
Use props
T3rdEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Compass won't calibrate?
After pushing "calibrate" button on DJI Go app are you rotating the aircraft?
If so are you doing the calibration dance in an open area free of any metallic obstructions?
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you seeing the steps to perform the compass calibration "dance" at all? Try post#2's advice and see if it helps.
2017-3-17
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Hi Guys,

Update: Compass will now calibrate.  However, its not consistent.  When I push "calibrate" in the settings and the confirmation dialogue appears, if I hit "ok" right away, then no, the calibration "dance" graphic does not appear.  However, if I wait about three or four seconds, it does appear and I'm able to calibrate.  I was able to recreate the same issue on my other iPad as well.  No idea why this is happening but its a pain in the ass because without calibration, obviously the aircraft must be grounded until the issue is resolved.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

DC
2017-3-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Swarm Posted at 2017-3-19 14:35
Hi Guys,

Update: Compass will now calibrate.  However, its not consistent.  When I push "calibrate" in the settings and the confirmation dialogue appears, if I hit "ok" right away, then no, the calibration "dance" graphic does not appear.  However, if I wait about three or four seconds, it does appear and I'm able to calibrate.  I was able to recreate the same issue on my other iPad as well.  No idea why this is happening but its a pain in the ass because without calibration, obviously the aircraft must be grounded until the issue is resolved.

How often are you attempting to recalibrate the Phantom's compass?
You don't have to do it every flight.
Just get a good calibration and leave alone after that.
2017-3-19
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

I only recalibrate if my last job was over 80 miles from my last job.  I read that somewhere from DJI in a support post.
2017-3-21
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Swarm Posted at 2017-3-21 11:33
I only recalibrate if my last job was over 80 miles from my last job.  I read that somewhere from DJI in a support post.

There are some mixed  opinions about how often to re-calibrate. I myself have only calibrated twice in the last 9-months and I have ventured out a couple hundred miles from my home. Never had a problem. I used to be one of those when I first got my phantom that I would calibrate before every flight. No more! You can actually mess up a good calibration that way. If you get a good calibration in an open area, I wouldn't be doing it again, unless you were prompted to by the Go app. Just my opinion though.

Just wanted to add the following comment:
I don't know why it takes a few moments for the calibration instructions to come up, but could you have some other apps running in the background? You said the same things happened with your I-pad..........just can't imagine anything but others apps taking resources that would cause a delay in it like that. Could be wrong.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans78de9f6b
New

Indonesia

Hi friends are you know how to fix DJI 3 pro cannot Fix in flying position
Thanks.
2017-3-22
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

fans78de9f6b Posted at 2017-3-22 18:37
Thanks.

You are going to have to try again with that translation. If does not make sense.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans78de9f6b Posted at 2017-3-22 18:37
Thanks.

I responded to you on another thread.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Swarm Posted at 2017-3-21 11:33

If there is a major change in location, getting compass errors or stabilization issues away from interference, then you would want to calibrate the compass. You may want to look into doing a IMU so that all the sensors are reading appropriately.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules