New Pilot needs reassurance
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paulbuddin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157234 ft
United Kingdom

I'm new to this forum and new to flying drones. Having purchased my new flying machine a couple of weeks ago, I'm slowly gaining confidence and distance by having the opportunity to practice on a local farm. However, there is one issue I'm constantly trying to deal with and that is flying over farm buildings. I have a dread that it will simply drop from the sky... how stupid is that thought? Do I have any reason for concerns or should just get on a do it? Have there been any issues by other flyers? Any tips, advise and reassurance would be very helpful.
2017-3-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The odds of a properly working aircraft, flown by a pilot who knows all the different features of his aircraft,  falling out of the sky are about as low as you can get.  Stay away from buildings until you get confidence.  The way to get confidence is to fly a lot.   And before you do that, make sure you read and fully understand the flight manual.  Knowing all the different things that can happen by design will make you more able to deal with the unexpected.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not worry in the least bit of it falling out of the sky. Which aircraft did you purchase?
Study the manual, The only way it's going to fall out of the sky is if you preform a CSC (in the manual) during flight. Or if you strike something like a tower or bird.
2017-3-17
Use props
Paulbuddin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 09:30
I would not worry in the least bit of it falling out of the sky. Which aircraft did you purchase?
Study the manual, The only way it's going to fall out of the sky is if you preform a CSC (in the manual) during flight. Or if you strike something like a tower or bird.

I have the P3S. Not sure what CSC is but will read it about it. Thank you for your advice
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paulbuddin Posted at 2017-3-17 09:33
I have the P3S. Not sure what CSC is but will read it about it. Thank you for your advice

If you do not know what CSC is then yes, it is easily possible that your aircraft can fall out of the sky.
I suggest reading the entire manual and fully understanding all of the features, functions, and especially the limitations of your aircraft.
The manual is also in the app in the Academy section along with several videos.
I also suggest subscribing to the DJI Support YouTube channel as there's a bunch of videos that can really help you. Below is a good one for you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

2017-3-17
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

some really good technology here........highly unlikely.....fly and have fun!
2017-3-17
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first flight was TODAY and had practiced on simulator loads. i Was terrrified tbh , was like taking driving test again and that was 35 years ago ..it was very windy and nearly cancelled it,but thought i would just practice take off and landing and managed it perfectly .so my advice is go do it do some notes to yoursefl for preflight , dont use generic ones because if you do yourown(even though will prob be same) they will make more sensce to you personally) hope this helps ..good luck ....ps what a buzz when you get home with drone in one piece..lol
2017-3-17
Use props
Paulbuddin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

wobbles Posted at 2017-3-17 10:05
My first flight was TODAY and had practiced on simulator loads. i Was terrrified tbh , was like taking driving test again and that was 35 years ago ..it was very windy and nearly cancelled it,but thought i would just practice take off and landing and managed it perfectly .so my advice is go do it do some notes to yoursefl for preflight , dont use generic ones because if you do yourown(even though will prob be same) they will make more sensce to you personally) hope this helps ..good luck ....ps what a buzz when you get home with drone in one piece..lol

Considering it was your first flight it was brave of you to fly in today's wind conditions. In the two weeks I've been flying, I make a habit of not flying in more than 10mph wind. I know this is playing safe but it's so good to have the drone come back to you in one piece. I've now had 5 hours flying time but still need time, patience and confidence to get over these man made structures. Thank you for your reply
2017-3-17
Use props
Paulbuddin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-3-17 09:23
The odds of a properly working aircraft, flown by a pilot who knows all the different features of his aircraft,  falling out of the sky are about as low as you can get.  Stay away from buildings until you get confidence.  The way to get confidence is to fly a lot.   And before you do that, make sure you read and fully understand the flight manual.  Knowing all the different things that can happen by design will make you more able to deal with the unexpected.

Thank you for your reply, very reassuring. Now just need to get out there and do it.
2017-3-17
Use props
AllanFG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448031 ft
United States

I have about 6 hours of flight time and every time the aircraft takes off I get a little jolt of adrenaline, and the heart starts beating a little faster.  I think it is part of the fun of flying.  I think just flying around a field to gain confidence is a great way to go.
2017-3-17
Use props
Paulbuddin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AllanFG Posted at 2017-3-17 12:25
I have about 6 hours of flight time and every time the aircraft takes off I get a little jolt of adrenaline, and the heart starts beating a little faster.  I think it is part of the fun of flying.  I think just flying around a field to gain confidence is a great way to go.

I feel exactly like you feel when I start flying. It's a sensation I never expected but feel really good when I get to see video footage afterwards having had the drone return in one piece. Thank you
2017-3-17
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

On the Phantom drones it's pretty hard keep it in GPS mode and just let go with the controls and it will stay in one spot

I had some dys drone that I built very simple flight controllers no auto anything in Twitch in your finger could cause it to go up and down 10 meters
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules